Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support a new investigation or not?
I do - too many unanswered questions 62 31.79%
I don't - all has been answered 123 63.08%
I don't know or I'm not sure 10 5.13%
Voters: 195. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2011, 06:46 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,752,619 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnHAdams View Post
It will be investigated ad infinitum....so long as the internet remains free.

I love the 9/11 threads, partly because they usually show who the shills are. This board is gigantic...and has a commensurate number of shills.

I used to post on a fairly small board and 100% of us called BS on the official story. Back in early 2003 (I think it was) about 75% were calling BS on a pretty large board....that was before the shills got organized.

Personally, I don't argue with the shills. They have zero sense of civility. Plus they are getting paid. I'd hate to be responsible for over time pay.

This is hillarious. Ok so let me get this straight. Anyone who thinks Truthers are unhinged are shills for the government and you believe they are being paid too. Well I guess I am a shill, where should I collect my check?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2011, 06:47 PM

209 posts, read 240,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Truthers scare me. The fact that the Arizona shooter was one of them doesn't surprise me.
If you "sane" 911 commission believers are so equally and oppositely convinced that you are right wouldn't that mean by virtue of logic that you are as deluded as the kooky "truthers" are? The non-stop insults on this thread from the "911 believers" is an admission of insecurity of your faith in the government's thorough and unbiased analysis of the events of that day. Because God knows that the government would never and has never been untruthful with the American people. They government would never be untruthful in voice or action to get the US into a senseless war...oops except for that one time with the Gulf of Tonkin indecent now declassified, yeah, yeah, yeah besides that time. Gulf of Tonkin incident - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Get real, blind faith in a government's integrity and benevolance never got any one ahead. Just ask the 80 million Chinese eliminated by Mao, or the 40 million Russians executed by Stalin, the 6 million Jews exterminated by Hilter, the 3 million Cambodians murdered by Pol Pot, need I go on? Many of the victims and all who participated in the carnage were "believers" too.

I don't think everyone in the government is nefarious at all but I also am not naive to think everyone in the government is honorable either. Some healthy skepticism for both view points seems like the most rational route for this debate. Boo for the insults!

Last edited by Sights_Set; 01-17-2011 at 07:11 PM.. Reason: Forgot to capitalize -oops

Old 01-17-2011, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sights_Set View Post
If you "sane" 911 commission believers are so equally and oppositely convinced that you are right wouldn't that mean by virtue of logic that you are as deluded as the kooky "truthers" are? The non-stop insults on this thread from the "911 believers" is an admission of insecurity of your faith in the government's thorough and unbiased analysis of the events of that day. Because God knows that the government would never and has never been untruthful with the American people. They government would never be untruthful in voice or action to get the US into a senseless war...oops except for that one time with the Gulf of Tonkin indecent now declassified, yeah, yeah, yeah besides that time. Gulf of Tonkin incident - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Get real, blind faith in a government's integrity and benevolance never got any one ahead. Just ask the 80 million chinese eliminated by Mao, or the 40 million Russians executed by Stalin, the 6 million Jews exterminated by Hilter, the 3 million Cambodians murdered by Pol Pot, need I go on? Many of the victims and all who participated in the carnage were "believers" too.

I don't think everyone in the government is nefarious at all but I also am not naive to think everyone in the government is honorable either. Some healthy skepticism for both view points seems like the most rational route for this debate. Boo for the insults!

No because Truthers and the rest of us are not equal just as birthers, moon landing deniers, et al are not equal to the rest of us. They are well. nuts.

I am not sure what any of this has to do with the government. The facts are the facts I was outside the building on 9/11 my wife was in 2 WTC on 9/11. I know what happened.

Old 01-17-2011, 07:08 PM

5,546 posts, read 9,999,979 times
Quote:
I'll say it every time you ask the question. Theere are people who believe the moon landing was a hoax, there are some who believe the CIA is responsible for AIDS. Because people believe crazy things there is no reason to indulge them.
See, you keep trying to divert this thread off into other areas that have nothing to do with the topic of the thread. I think there is a name for that and I do not think it's appropriate.

Old 01-17-2011, 07:15 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,483,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistygrl092 View Post
There are 153 posts now with lots of differing thoughts. How people can see all this controversy and think we do NOT need a new investigation is beyond me. As of right now, three out of ten here think we do.
we already have had investigation(s)

yet you still cant see the truth

nice that you cabn say "3 out of ten"...why not look at the other number 6.5 out of 10, say already answered

Old 01-17-2011, 07:19 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,483,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnHAdams View Post
It will be investigated ad infinitum....so long as the internet remains free.

I love the 9/11 threads, partly because they usually show who the shills are. This board is gigantic...and has a commensurate number of shills.

I used to post on a fairly small board and 100% of us called BS on the official story. Back in early 2003 (I think it was) about 75% were calling BS on a pretty large board....that was before the shills got organized.

Personally, I don't argue with the shills. They have zero sense of civility. Plus they are getting paid. I'd hate to be responsible for over time pay.
mean while the 'twoofers' keep barking up the debunked stuff

like jones's mini nukes....

sorry, but it doesnt cut it

and the only ones paid are the twoofers like the producres of those garbage movies like loosechange

twoofer says " bomb smiffing dogs removed...realist says what about "Sirus"...twoofer "I meant the mini nukes".. ...talk about moving goal posts

twoofer...."there was no plane at the pentagon"
realist...link here shows HUNDREDS of EYE WITNESSES
twooofer..."your paid to post here, that's not fair"

Old 01-17-2011, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
mean while the 'twoofers' keep barking up the debunked stuff

like jones's mini nukes....

sorry, but it doesnt cut it

and the only ones paid are the twoofers like the producres of those garbage movies like loosechange

twoofer says " bomb smiffing dogs removed...realist says what about "Sirus"...twoofer "I meant the mini nukes".. ...talk about moving goal posts
I could not sit through that Loose Change video. And I am really tired of all the videos, mostly because no one on this forum (or most, I am guessing) has the proper qualifications to really interpret those videos.

Old 01-17-2011, 07:23 PM

Quote:
See, you keep trying to divert this thread off into other areas that have nothing to do with the topic of the thread. I think there is a name for that and I do not think it's appropriate.

No this is the topic. Should we investigate something that has been investigated and produced a conclusion you do not agree with. There are plenty of people who have plenty of crazy ideas they want investigated. It doesn't mean we should indulge them.

Old 01-17-2011, 07:25 PM

Quote:
No this is the topic. Should we investigate something that has been investigated and produced a conclusion you do not agree with. There are plenty of people who have plenty of crazy ideas they want investigated. It doesn't mean we should indulge them.
You keep bringing up moon conspiracies and HIV conspiracies. Clearly, not on topic.

But thank you for keeping this post on topic.

Oh, and when three out of 10 (or more I am betting in the general population) want a new investigation, that is not small potatoes.

Old 01-17-2011, 07:38 PM

Quote:
You keep bringing up moon conspiracies and HIV conspiracies. Clearly, not on topic.

But thank you for keeping this post on topic.

Oh, and when three out of 10 (or more I am betting in the general population) want a new investigation, that is not small potatoes.

Crazy conspiracy theories is the topic. Because there are nuts who want to investigate something that has already been investigated doesn't mean it should be considered.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies