Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support a new investigation or not?
I do - too many unanswered questions 62 31.79%
I don't - all has been answered 123 63.08%
I don't know or I'm not sure 10 5.13%
Voters: 195. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2011, 11:30 AM

24,835 posts, read 37,322,457 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnHAdams View Post
Jet fuel is essentially diesel fuel or kerosene. Make a puddle and light it...voila...about 550 degrees. Building fires can, and do, get hot enough to produce flash overs....several hundred degrees more than 550.
Agreed. That is also why it burns cleaner.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2011, 11:36 AM

20,893 posts, read 16,067,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HC475 View Post
NatGeo is a shill network... sensationalizes programming for ratings...
Then why has no Birther ever replicated the experiment and shown it to be wrong?

Old 01-23-2011, 11:36 AM

1,788 posts, read 2,479,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freefall View Post
There are always people who don't have the intellectual capacity to question the 'official' explaination, no matter how many holes there are in it.
A five gallon mind can not handle a ten gallon idea.

Old 01-23-2011, 12:26 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,465,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
I AM A metallurgist ... we have a Jewelry business and work with metals all of the time ... mainly Silver and Bronze, and some Brass and Copper.

Now your claim may be true of your friends at Popular Mechanics, because they obviously can't tell the difference between Steel and Aluminum, since they tried to claim that the molten METAL pouring out of the side of the Tower was Aluminum, and not Steel/Iron. Do you get the contradiction? They seemed to believe that they could tell the difference ... only one problem, they had it all backwards.

Molten aluminum is silvery in it's molten state ... looking a lot like liquid mercury. Steel/Iron on the other hand is bright orange - yellow glowing in it's molten state .... and anyone that knows what they are looking at can VISUALLY tell the difference as easily as tying their shoes.

Here's molten aluminum being poured ...

oh please not the molten crap again

do you think this is a 'molten' something too

let me guess you think this is ''moltem steel'' too

This is the Yosemite Firefall at Yosemite National Park. That's just embers from bark being thrown from the top. While it's safe to say there was no bark in the towers it's also safe to say there was wood from office furniture. But I want to make this clear, I'm not saying this is what we see coming from the window. What I'm suggesting is that it is probably a molten metal mix of aluminum and something else. Don't limit yourself here. I'm not saying aluminum and wood only. One of my biggest criticisms with the conspiracy theorists is the one dimensional thinking.

----------------

if you notice its not molten

its ARCing

along with ''wilting' (sinking) floors ...proof of the pancaking

not to forget that GYPSUM is an oxidizer

The "Sulfides" produced when sulfur dioxide (e.g., from decomposed Gypsum) contacts burning iron have been identified as an agent that supposedly accelerated the "deterioration" of the steel in the burning WTC piles, on a macromolecular level.

"Gypsum does not have a true melting point, as it decomposes under heat before it can melt" Georgia-Pacific Physical Properties Definitions With high heat, Gypsum decomposes and releases Sulfur Dioxide (SO2) gas, which is a weak oxidizer that can rapidly transfer both its sulfur and oxygen to the exposed iron surfaces in the piles. "Many metals, including zinc, aluminum, cesium, and iron, incandesce and/or ignite in unheated sulfur dioxide." ATSDR - MMG: Sulfur Dioxide
"In some cases, SO2 behaves as both a reducing and oxidizing agent (metals such as tin, iron and magnesium burn in SO2 to form mixed sulfides and oxides)."
IPCS INTOX Site Closed
and University Safety and Assurances

but the twoofers wil have you think that GYPSUM is the eveidence of thermite.......doddoododododo

It should also be kept in mind that "aluminum ... ignites at relatively low temperature," Aluminum, "melts at about 1,220[F] degrees. At about 1,400[F] degrees, it can automatically ignite and burst into flames without any spark" "The formation of aluminum oxide is accompanied by the release of a tremendous amount of heat ... temperatures can reach around 5,000 degrees."

and if it was ''thermite'' then:
what good is molten iron falling out of a window to someone who wants to use it to HEAT a VERTICAL IRON BEAM to the point of failure???? In order to USE thermite to heat something, you have to let the molten iron transfer its heat to that thing, which means that the molten iron would cool and solidify if were actually USED to heat something. And, since Jones claims that the thermite was placed on the internal columns of the building (since they failed first), how and why would molten iron show up at the outside perimeter (near a corner) to fall out of a window? Thermite charges are always used ABOVE (or inside) the subject to be heated, because any other position would result in the hot molten iron formed by thermite flowing down away from the subject to be heated and being useless waste.

as to the ''moltem'' uhm ''metorite''

this shows it is compressed (pancaked) floors..not anything ''molten""

Large pieces of debris, likened to meteorites by preservationists, are actually several floors of the towers compressed together as the buildings collapsed. Furniture, twisted metal, pipes, cords and even papers with legible type are visible. The pieces are kept in a humidity-controlled tent in Hangar 17 of Kennedy International Airport.
(Photo by Lane Johnson)

Either the twoofers are wrong or the offices were filled with what looks like asbestos carpeting and paper.

Old 01-23-2011, 01:35 PM

1,230 posts, read 1,038,799 times
Who had access?

Demolition Access to the WTC Towers: Part One - Tenants

Demolition Access To The WTC Towers: Part One - Tenants

by KEVIN RYAN

August 9, 2009

See also,
in this series:

Introduction by Don Paul
Part One - Tenants
Part Two - Security
Part Three - Convergence
Part Four - Cleanup

Old 01-23-2011, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DifferentDrum View Post
Who had access?

by KEVIN RYAN

oh please

by a known liar

Old 01-23-2011, 01:40 PM

15,044 posts, read 8,616,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Which makes you a jeweler. Not a metallurgist.

Here again .. another of your many fallacious statements that you can't possibly make legitimately. .How the hell can you say what I am or am not? You don't know me or my background ... just another example of your poorly informed, baseless opinion being passed as some sort of fact without a hint of evidence to support your claims.

A welder can be a metallurgist ... and Artist can be ... a metallurgist is simply someone who works with, and has working knowledge of metals and their composition, including, but not limited to the techniques of working with different metals in their various states, including molten state. Every particular metal has it's own characteristics ... and how it interacts with the surrounding environment at various temperatures.

When we bring bronze to a near molten, fusible state, it must be buried in carbon, or bad things will happen (I won't bother to expound, because you wouldn't understand it ... too technical for you). Sterling Silver must be handled with far more attention than fine silver at the molten state because of oxidation of the copper in the Sterling alloy .... fusing Sterling with a torch requires proper preparation before, and handling afterward to reduce and remove fire scale, Etc., etc., etc.

Suffice it to say I have a better WORKING KNOWLEDGE of metals than someone who THINKS they are an expert because they read a freaking article in Popular Mechanics. You have demonstrated beyond any doubt that your OPINIONS on virtually every topic you've chosen to challenge comes from someone else's poor grasp of facts, or blatant dishonesty. And your knowledge is so lacking, you can only choose to "believe" rather than actually UNDERSTAND the subjects discussed. You read some bogus article, filled with fabrications and think you know what you're talking about. That's the bottom line .... but worse ... you actually insult those who do understand the topics, which goes way beyond uninformed.

Quote:
Lets examine how your "expertise" as a jeweler promotes additional vacuous reasoning on your part.

After all this time, it is not obvious to me whether you are demonstrating blithering ignorance or deliberate dishonesty with that paragraph. Metallurgists know (while jewelers may not) that this is true only of pure aluminum, and not of aluminum contaminated with impurities.

The molten aluminum (some of which actually was found in the debris of the WTC, unlike molten iron which was never found in even the tiniest quantity) which poured from the side of the WTC towers was contaminated with everything else in the building; jet fuel, burning wood and paper, wallboard, fiber from carpeting and wall covering... people.

Your argument was debunked ten years ago. It is covered in the NIST report itself.

Truther lies never die. It is one of the core characteristics of conspiracy theorists I covered in my earlier post that you continue to prove perfectly accurate.
PROVE IT ! Don't sit there and flap your gums .... prove it! And what I mean by that is visual evidence ... and not just a link to a written opinion from NIST or Popular Mechanics, since both are now PROVEN LIARS. I want EXACTLY what I have provided ... PROOF that you can see with your own eyes. You can't do that, because what you claim is false ... and has already been proven to be yet another lie.

The addition of inorganic and organic material to molten aluminum such as substances that might be found in an office building WERE ADDED to molten aluminum and HAD ZERO AFFECT on the visual appearance of the molten aluminum .... Steven Jones already did that experiment, and includes that in one of his videos. These materials, in substantial quantities were swallowed up by molten aluminum, and provided a little smoke ... but ZERO Color change.

Again .. another false and proven false claim.

Old 01-23-2011, 02:46 PM

20,893 posts, read 16,067,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
How the hell can you say what I am or am not?
I can only go by what you yourself say. Your own testimonial (if true) qualifies you only as a jeweler, not as a metallurgist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas
A welder can be a metallurgist ... and Artist can be ... a metallurgist is simply someone who works with, and has working knowledge of metals and their composition, including, but not limited to the techniques of working with different metals in their various states, including molten state. Every particular metal has it's own characteristics ... and how it interacts with the surrounding environment at various temperatures.
As a jeweler, you possibly (but not certainly) have learned to take advantage of the work of actual metallurgists. That no more makes you a metallurgist than knowing how to apply neosporin, band-aids and an aspirin makes you a medical doctor.

The simple point remains... no one, not even a metallurgist could visually identify the specific molten metal that was observed pouring from the WTC towers.

Anybody making the claim otherwise has outed themselves as a complete charlatan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas
Suffice it to say I have a better WORKING KNOWLEDGE of metals than someone who THINKS they are an expert because they read a freaking article in Popular Mechanics.
That would almost not be hilarious if you were in the habit of producing iron and aluminum jewelry from molten metal... something that would probably limit your ability to make a living at the trade.

But then again... when a person is a crackpot in one area, it often extends to other facets of their lives. So perhaps you actually do sell cast iron and aluminum jewelry.

Old 01-23-2011, 03:22 PM

6,193 posts, read 5,364,922 times
Quote:
The simple point remains... no one, not even a metallurgist could visually identify the specific molten metal that was observed pouring from the WTC towers.
Interesting observation.

How then were nanothermite compounds identified?

Old 01-23-2011, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrench409 View Post
Interesting observation.

How then were nanothermite compounds identified?
there never was any thermite found

jones found paint chips, and gypsum board
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies