Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2011, 09:49 PM

3,490 posts, read 3,792,465 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
Starbucks to roll out biggest drink size yet - Business - Consumer news - Food Inc. - msnbc.com

U.S. convenience stores, which have been taking on restaurant chains with an expanded selection of low-cost, quick-serve fare, for years have sold fountain drinks in large sizes, including 32 ounces and 64 ounces.

A gallon of milk is 128 oz. Hee! Hee! That's a 1/2 gallon of soda. Potentially 800 calories from sugar. There are 774 calories in a cup of sugar.

Would'nt it be hilarious if they had a put up a picture by the drink dispenser with like 32oz = 1/2 cup sugar, 64 oz = full cup of sugar?
And under that, a picture of a dude eating a cup of sugar.

ROFL!

I know, inactivity plays a part in it as well, but come on.

Edit, deleted pic.
huge platter of food - Google Search

Starbucks, rich, hoity toity yuppies, ruined regular coffee for all non metrosexual men. Grande latte, cappuccino thanks alot and good luck with your heart disease.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2011, 10:06 PM

42 posts, read 35,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James420 View Post
Starbucks, rich, hoity toity yuppies, ruined regular coffee for all non metrosexual men. Grande latte, cappuccino thanks alot and good luck with your heart disease.
are yuppies rich people?

Old 02-10-2011, 10:49 PM

3,490 posts, read 3,792,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathfromabove View Post
are yuppies rich people?

Urban Dictionary: yuppie

Old 02-10-2011, 10:57 PM

1,027 posts, read 1,971,322 times
Starbucks isn't that expensive... My favorite thing on their menu isn't even 3 dollars unless you get some large size.

Old 02-10-2011, 10:57 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,135,091 times
Quote:
Starbucks to roll out biggest drink size yet - Business - Consumer news - Food Inc. - msnbc.com

U.S. convenience stores, which have been taking on restaurant chains with an expanded selection of low-cost, quick-serve fare, for years have sold fountain drinks in large sizes, including 32 ounces and 64 ounces.

A gallon of milk is 128 oz. Hee! Hee! That's a 1/2 gallon of soda. Potentially 800 calories from sugar. There are 774 calories in a cup of sugar.

Would'nt it be hilarious if they had a put up a picture by the drink dispenser with like 32oz = 1/2 cup sugar, 64 oz = full cup of sugar?
And under that, a picture of a dude eating a cup of sugar.

ROFL!

I know, inactivity plays a part in it as well, but come on.

Edit, deleted pic.
huge platter of food - Google Search
Well, I would get unsweetened tea, if it were me. But paying Starbuck prices for unsweetened ice tea is just plain stupid.

I don't get it. If I were drinking 64 ounces of *anything* I'd be peeing half the day. When does anyone get any work done?

20yrsinBranson

Old 02-10-2011, 11:05 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,018,970 times
Quote:
Just curious, but do you think showing a picture of a 64 oz drink ='s a cup of sugar would be bad or good? Would it affect someone's choice?

But a fat country is a weak country.
I think no. Oprah was wheeling around a wagon of extracted body fat and it didn't help her any

I don't know exactly what you mean by a fat country is a weak country. But a fat country will have a fat health care bill
if that's what you meant.

Old 02-11-2011, 03:34 AM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,833,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
I think no. Oprah was wheeling around a wagon of extracted body fat and it didn't help her any

I don't know exactly what you mean by a fat country is a weak country. But a fat country will have a fat health care bill
if that's what you meant.
If America had to resort to conscription - God forbid, but bear me out - 20 - 30 percent of its ENTIRE population (depending on state) - are obese.

The US population is a little over 300 million people. Are obese people hard workers? Yep, many are. I've worked with many. I've been fat, and I was a hard worker. But I couldn't fight very well packing an extra 50 lbs.

Obesity and Overweight for Professionals: Data and Statistics: U.S. Obesity Trends | DNPAO | CDC

During the past 20 years there has been a dramatic increase in obesity in the United States. In 2009, only Colorado and the District of Columbia had a prevalence of obesity less than 20%.
Thirty-three states had a prevalence equal to or greater than 25%; nine of these states (Alabama, Arkansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, Oklahoma, Tennessee, and West Virginia) had a prevalence of obesity equal to or greater than 30%

We are a nation perceived to be made of fat people. I dunno about you, but I'm not really in fear of a nation that is ~25 percent marshamallows.

Old 02-11-2011, 04:05 AM

7,975 posts, read 7,351,944 times
You'ns got a Starbucks? We'ns got no Starbucks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies