Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2011, 02:57 AM

4,877 posts, read 4,505,763 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
I have to say, reading some of this stuff. ...All the right wing fury just cracks me up. Especially that directed at Obama over the deficit. Where were all these born again budget hawks when Bush launched two wars and CUT taxes twice? Think that might have affected the deficit?

It seems to me that when Obama hit the scene he really had no choice but to bail out the markets, as the "invisible hand" had brewed up all sorts of toxic enterprises in the name of short-term profits.

So, how is all this right wing fury justified?
Why were people on the left screaming how bad deficits were when Bush was president? Now that Obama is president we are told that deficits are not only necessary, they are good for the economy.

Obama cut the social security tax. People that make over $250,000 a year pay social security tax. No outcry from the left about tax cuts for the rich? No outcry from the left about rising gas prices, even though Obama said energy costs would "skyrocket" with his plan.

So, how is all the left wing hypocrisy justified? Unless they are nothing more than political hacks.

Last edited by OhioIstheBest; 01-17-2011 at 03:10 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2011, 03:46 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,851,639 times
Quote:
I have to say, reading some of this stuff. ...All the right wing fury just cracks me up. Especially that directed at Obama over the deficit. Where were all these born again budget hawks when Bush launched two wars and CUT taxes twice? Think that might have affected the deficit?
Ron Paul started the Tea Party movement in 2007 when Bush was in office and the rhetoric was directed at living beyond our means and stopping involvement in foreign wars. He got peoples attention, got people to discuss the issues that drove us into our economic mess. Some woke up from their slumber.
You have chosen to criticize the ones who have awoken and refuse to go back to the destructive policies that caused our downfall because they came to the party late. Wouldn't it be better to enlighten the ones who refuse to get it instead?

The question to you is when did you wake up to the fact that all the spending and debt is hurtful to the economy?

Quote:
It seems to me that when Obama hit the scene he really had no choice but to bail out the markets, as the "invisible hand" had brewed up all sorts of toxic enterprises in the name of short-term profits.
That is your misguided perception. Plenty of people were against the bailouts and for good reason.

Quote:
gotcha no one is allowed to wake up and smell the roses right? According to you unless someone was for this in 2003 and voiced an opinion they should never be able to change their minds. According to you whatever someone knew about politics and the economy in 2003 is the most anyone is allowed to learn and the thought process should be shut off.

Instead of asking the question you did, why don't you ask people why they think we should continue our wasteful ways of over spending and over taxing and driving up the debt?

Old 01-17-2011, 05:05 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,218,480 times
Just the daily bash the tea party thread. the left has to have a villain because they can not stand on what they have done

Old 01-17-2011, 05:08 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,847,737 times
Simple, people liked Texans back then.

Old 01-17-2011, 05:12 AM

10,854 posts, read 9,297,960 times
Quote:

Drinking the neo-con Kool-Aid, charging their credit cards, and not worrying that a person without white skin was ever going to be the President of the United States.

Old 01-17-2011, 05:14 AM

320 posts, read 290,319 times
Quote:

Exactly.

I always hear the Tea Party people talking about they're for fiscal responsibilty. But they were nowhere to be found when Bush was running this nation into the ground and his Wall street and Insurance buddies were completely raping us with no lubricant. Then Obam gets into office and these clowns come out of the woodwork. God. Politics in this country is so stupid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
Great, yes another tea party bashing thread. Remind me again, where's Code Pink again? The group that was supposedly against the war? They seem to be fine with Obama continuing the war.

Also true.

Our politics are so dumbed down these days. Most people can't think for themselves. They let people like Limbaugh and Olberman do the thinking for them.

Old 01-17-2011, 07:08 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,851,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Simple, people liked Texans back then.
lol you may be right about that.

Old 01-17-2011, 07:12 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,329,809 times
Quote:

I can answer for myself....

I became more interested when the healthcare bill was being rammed though without being read by many.

Old 01-17-2011, 07:14 AM

2,735 posts, read 2,462,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
The combination of devaluing the euro (which they affected by how they strategically positioned themselves in the EU - as I stated before) and going away from Keynesian economics has helped Germany perform better. On the other hand, Britian has embraced this economic principle and has had devastating effects. As I stated before and linked to, Germany has not used Keynesian economics in the last few years. It doesn't work and my hope is that our country can move away from this same path that the Dems seem intent upon.
Germany's export power was high even during a strong Euro. Or can you disprove that?

Also, and you are obviously not well informed here: Germany DID use Keynesian economics to help the economy recover just 2 years ago. Where do you get your misinformation from?

Help for Europe's Biggest Economy: Germany Seals 50 Billion Euro Stimulus Plan - SPIEGEL ONLINE - News - International

Germany's governing coalition has agreed on the details of the country's biggest economic stimulus package since World War II, worth a total of 50 billion euros.

Old 01-17-2011, 07:14 AM

77,005 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:

In 2003 Bush also gave medicare the biggest spending boost ever in US history.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies