U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-18-2011, 05:35 AM
 
20,976 posts, read 16,254,195 times
Reputation: 10270

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
Actually, he was apolitical. My fiancee is mostly the same way. She voted for Obama, but she refuses to discuss politics. But, "apolitical" is a foreign word to most people who post here.
We all have strong opinions.

You should force her to apologize!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-18-2011, 05:52 AM
 
Location: Raleigh, NC
20,017 posts, read 15,718,639 times
Reputation: 3745
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
We all have strong opinions.

You should force her to apologize!
Still trying to get her to apologize for voting for Obama She's now a converted gun nut and anti-IRS (after starting her own small business selling used books she now realizes the theft of taxation). She's growing up and joining the real world, I'm so proud of her. Slowly but surely...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-18-2011, 06:01 AM
 
20,976 posts, read 16,254,195 times
Reputation: 10270
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
Still trying to get her to apologize for voting for Obama She's now a converted gun nut and anti-IRS (after starting her own small business selling used books she now realizes the theft of taxation). She's growing up and joining the real world, I'm so proud of her. Slowly but surely...
Sounds like a keeper!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-18-2011, 06:17 AM
 
15,733 posts, read 9,242,575 times
Reputation: 14212
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
It's too darn confusing when people are not easily stereotyped. As for the apolitical side of Loughner, I am not buying it. He killed those people at a formal democratic political event, not in a random classroom, on a city bus, etc. It was premeditated, deliberate, and political in intent. I do believe he was insane, and I don't know who, if anyone, drove him to do it, but the facts are what they are.

Let's see what folks think if, God forbid, some nut case mows down a bunch of Tea Partiers at a Patriots gathering. Will folks assume it is a politically neutral act? I hope to hell nothing like that happens to ANY political group, just saying.....
Gotta love the Lefties. They never let the facts get in the way of ideology.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-18-2011, 06:19 AM
 
15,733 posts, read 9,242,575 times
Reputation: 14212
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
I disagree. I think he believed she wasn't left enough, and the anti-Pelosi vote trying to get her out of leadership sealed her fate. Agree to disagree.
Wow, there's disagreeing because the facts are fuzzy. But to disagree because the scenario doesn't fit your narrative? That's just nuts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-18-2011, 06:24 AM
 
15,733 posts, read 9,242,575 times
Reputation: 14212
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
The point is not whether Loughner was right or left leaning but rather whether he was vulnerable to violent rhetoric. It appears he was. Now, whoever this shoe fits (whoever used violent rhetoric in their political dialog), wear it.




What one study says about the effects of violent rhetoric in politics - Boing Boing
In order to be vulnerable to violent rhetoric, one must actually listen to that rhetoric. Since it appears that he never did, it's quite obvious that the Lefties are going to distort facts in order to further the lie that he acted because of something the right did or said.

So much for "civility".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-18-2011, 06:38 AM
 
Location: Fort Worth Texas
12,482 posts, read 8,831,453 times
Reputation: 2527
[quote=American_Libertarian;17458025]Jerad Loughner was CRAZY. Period.

Quote:
He did not watch TV. He disliked the news.
He didn't listen to political radio.
He didn't take sides.
He wasn't on the left. He wasn't on the right.[/QUOTE]


His friend wishes he could have helped him. Fantastic interview by Ashley Banfield:


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7xLg2C2iI0
which makes the MSM attempt to blame Plain and the tea party a false hateful act.
it revealed the extent they will go . even to false accusations to go after the tea party.
But we have already been deluged with the false accusations.

Did we even her any of then say they were wrong?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-18-2011, 06:47 AM
 
Location: Raleigh, NC
20,017 posts, read 15,718,639 times
Reputation: 3745
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Wow, there's disagreeing because the facts are fuzzy. But to disagree because the scenario doesn't fit your narrative? That's just nuts.
^ this
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-18-2011, 07:15 AM
 
19,354 posts, read 17,472,378 times
Reputation: 10573
OMG, I always thought that people not interested in politics were at least a little whacko. Seriously, not keeping at least somewhat aware of things economically, politically or society wise is a sign of being either disconnected and isolated or blissfully ignorant. Either could be a sign of not being altogether there mentally.
I also listen to talk radio and the crazies and the meanest people are evenly split between the far right and the far left. You'd think people so similar in attitude and personality wouldn't have such opposing politicla viewpoints. Then again, they aren't as far apart as they'd want to believe.

The friends comments about the " cold, shrouded unwelcome house" was interesting. Was it a seriously dysfunctional family or something else? I'm no religious fanatic but if there was a case for an actual possession, this could be one. The skull shrine made me wonder but it was also similar to mexican feast of the dead altars, ones where they leave food out for dead relatives. Trick or treating came about the same way.
At the least the guy was nuts and just unable to deal with life, wound up and blew a gasket. I think he would have found a shopping mall or county fair or sports event, church, or even a school( God Forbid). He picked this one because the timing was right and would have targeted a republican just as easily as a democrat, political parties didn't matter to him.
I grow salvia every year in the garden and never knew it was hullucinogenic. I heard Perdue feeds his chicken marigold petals to give them a yellow color, I wonder if that makes them trip out?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-18-2011, 07:27 AM
 
Location: Austin
29,546 posts, read 16,472,205 times
Reputation: 8087
[quote=American_Libertarian;17458025]Jerad Loughner was CRAZY. Period.

Quote:
He did not watch TV. He disliked the news.
He didn't listen to political radio.
He didn't take sides.
He wasn't on the left. He wasn't on the right.[/
QUOTE]

Does this mean it is possible for the esteemed (a legend in his own eyes) Paul Krugman was wrong ????? Surely somebody as famous as Krugman wouldn't state something that was not a fact!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top