Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2011, 12:57 AM

1,909 posts, read 3,781,244 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Read the added "PS" to my above post... d'oh!!
No you said, "hehe", trying to act as if this gave you a good chuckle. This is not a laughing matter. Just more sad than sick.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2011, 01:00 AM

30,311 posts, read 51,912,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LakeShoreSoxGo View Post
No you said, "hehe", trying to act as if this gave you a good chuckle. This is not a laughing matter. Just more sad than sick.
It didn't give me a chuckle that they did such a thing, it gave me a chuckle how people fall for these "political stunts" and actually take them seriously... I can laugh at whatever I want, so don't tell me how to feel. Even if it were a laughing matter to me, that is my right as an American - just as some can chuckle at people with Gender Identity Disorder, which I believe is rather un-funny. That's no laughing matter either, but I guess it's okay to bully the oppressed minority groups.

Old 01-21-2011, 01:03 AM

Funny thing is if people were to make jokes about the holocaust or something dear to you, you would be really upset. Now its " I can laugh at what I want". Hey thanks for showing that SF compassion we always hear about.

Trying to justify a wrong because other people do wrongs is again, just sad.

This may come as a news flash to you, but while you Californians were trying to figure out how to get attention with your political"stunts" people were dying for you. Hope that sinks into your head. Not counting on it, but I hope so.. This is part of the reason everyone is so tired of California, including many native Californians.

Old 01-21-2011, 01:06 AM

Quote:
Funny thing is if people were to make jokes about the holocaust or something dear to you, you would be really upset.
I might be upset, but I wouldn't stifle their right to say such a thing... come to think of it, I've laughed pretty hard at a few tasteless Holocaust jokes over the years. I also wouldn't threaten to "bash anyone's head in," as I don't believe violence is the answer to political/social disagreements.

Quote:
This may come as a news flash to you, but while you Californians were trying to figure out how to get attention with your political"stunts" people were dying for you. Hope that sinks into your head. Not counting on it, but I hope so..
Don't count on it, then... why do you care what we do here in the cesspool, anyway? If you really think we're useless and "heading for disaster," stop worrying about us already. Please!!

Btw, that wasn't MY political stunt, considering I don't even live in Berkeley - and not all Berkeleyans agreed with that stunt, let alone took any part in implementing the ban.

Old 01-21-2011, 01:07 AM

Just stop.

Old 01-21-2011, 01:11 AM

Quote:
Just stop.
Stop what? Responding to your personal attacks against me and my home state? Nope, not gonna happen...

Old 01-21-2011, 01:14 AM

LoL it's not my fault California has become an example of what not to become. Blame the politicians and props you guys vote for, I had nothing to do with it. Berkeley is sad. There is literally a bum in every commercial doorstep sleeping right now on University Ave. So sad. So Sad. Such a shame a place with such natural beauty can not get their act together. Hope you guys dont Get IOU's this year. LoL

Old 01-21-2011, 01:17 AM

Quote:
LoL it's not my fault California has become an example of what not to become. Blame the politicians and props you guys vote for, I had nothing to do with it.
Then why are you so concerned with us? Why even chime in on this issue if it doesn't bother you? I don't bother the South for their mixed-up politics, because (thank goodness) nobody is forcing me to live there... so why do I care what they do & who they elect? I don't!

Old 01-21-2011, 01:18 AM

Last time I checked there was not a residency requirement for this thread. People talk about Mexico's issues with out ever having lived there or even visit or being bothered with it. Don't see why California should be any different.

Old 01-21-2011, 01:23 AM

Quote:
Last time I checked there was not a residency requirement for this thread.
I never said you couldn't post here, I asked why you did? You didn't even come in (at least for these last few pages) to comment on the actual topic at hand... you only came in to bash California, so I'm wondering why you bothered. Go ahead and post away, but you had to expect somebody would respond accordingly.

Look, California ain't perfect, as I think we all know... but we still have it better than a LOT of other states, and I've personally enjoyed living here for the last 25+ years. I've also lived in a few other states, and nothing compared to CA in my mind. That's the beauty of America - if you don't like one place, you can always find another within US borders.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies