Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-19-2011, 02:25 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,923,536 times

Advertisements

This has the potential to completely blow up in the governor's face AND obama's.

I mean, the guy said he was going to get to the bottom of, prove obama was born in the US by displaying the LF BC and now......looks like even that can't be found.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2011, 02:28 PM

1,324 posts, read 1,197,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
This has the potential to completely blow up in the governor's face AND obama's.

I mean, the guy said he was going to get to the bottom of, prove obama was born in the US by displaying the LF BC and now......looks like even that can't be found.
Fee Fie Foe Fum ...
I smell the CLINTONS!

Is this man helping Hilary !

Old 01-19-2011, 02:59 PM

6,125 posts, read 7,469,965 times
Looks like Obama has snookered everyone except the so-called birthers!

Release the long-form birth certificate from the Hawaii Health Department scumbag! You know why it can't be released - because it does NOT exist!!!

The woman in charge said she has seen it. Oh, what - she lied? It doesn't exist!

Sounds like there is a major problem! We've got a fraud as POTUS. Seems the so-called birthers were right!

Old 01-19-2011, 03:06 PM

6,193 posts, read 5,365,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Because once invented, Birther lies never die.
Kinda like troofer lies, eh?

Old 01-19-2011, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by westwaswon View Post
Fee Fie Foe Fum ...
I smell the CLINTONS!

Is this man helping Hilary !
Maybe they need to look in the same desk in which the Rose Law Firm documents suddenly appeared!

Old 01-19-2011, 03:54 PM

46,943 posts, read 25,954,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
If they don't find that thing he may have to be elected from only about 20 or fewer states. Most libs don't want those laws to be remembered...
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post

Barack Obama -- States Want Obama To Release His Records

Whether any of these states have passed their bills, or not, it is now 2011 and the election will be held in November of 2012, I hope.
Well, according to your own cite, there are no laws to "remember", because none of them have passed through their respective state legislatures. So glad we got that cleared up.

Old 01-19-2011, 04:07 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,434,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flordelis View Post

Every single candidate for office other than Chairman Maobama produced the certificate at the appropriate time (before running for office).
Where did you get that idea?
Quote:
Originally Posted by flordelis View Post

Are you referring to the approx 150 times he didn't vote yea or nea on pending legislation, but, rather "present", because he was either to stupid to figure out how to vote, or too much of a coward to take a stand?
I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt that you are unfamiliar with what a 'Present' vote means and why it is often used by legislators on both sides of the aisle, and I'm going to let some more knowledgable people explain it to you.

'Present' votes defended by Ill. lawmakers
To insinuate the ‘present’ vote means you’re indecisive, that you don’t have the courage to hold public office, that’s a stretch. But, it’s good politics,” said state Rep. Bill Black (R), a 22-year veteran of the House and his party’s floor leader. . . The “present” vote in Illinois is sometimes cast by state lawmakers with a conflict of interest who would rather not weigh in on an issue. Other times, members use the option to object to certain parts of a bill, even though they may agree with its overall purpose."
‘Present’ Perfect
"In the Illinois Senate, there can be strategic reasons for voting “present” rather than simply no. A member might approve the intent of legislation, but not its scope or the way it has been drafted. A “present” vote can send a signal to a bill’s sponsors that the legislator might support an amended version. Voting “present” can also be a way to exercise fiscal restraint, without opposing the subject of the bill."

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Yes something is fishy. Birthers are lying again.

And by the way.. that last Governor of Hawaii was a she.
And she was an R, too!

Hawaii Gov. Lingle answers the birthers, who remain surprisingly unconvinced
Linda Lingle (R-HI): "And so I had my health director, who is a physician by background, go personally view the birth certificate in the birth records of the Department of Health, and we issued a news release at that time saying that the president was, in fact, born at Kapi'olani Hospital in Honolulu, Hawaii. And that's just a fact. And yet people continue to call up and e-mail and want to make it an issue."
Let me repeat that relevant part:

Linda Lingle (R-HI): "[T]he president was, in fact, born at Kapi'olani Hospital in Honolulu, Hawaii. And that's just a fact.

Again,

Linda Lingle (R-HI): "[T]he president was, in fact, born at Kapi'olani Hospital in Honolulu, Hawaii. And that's just a fact.

And one more time, just to be sure:

Old 01-19-2011, 04:15 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,923,536 times
Well then, the CURRENT governor, who swore to put an end to the suspicion, should have NO problem producing the LF BC, should he?

Old 01-19-2011, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
And she was an R, too!
Well how dandy. An R, huh?

If her 'fact' was so indisputable, WHY did the newest Governor feel such a need to get to the bottom of the controversy AND come up empty handed to boot?

Now things are getting fishy.......far too many stories coming out of those who are so very close to it.

Old 01-19-2011, 04:21 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,068,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Why was Tim Adams allowed to snoop?
Tim Adams wasn't allowed to do much of anything.

He was a temp worker who pretty much admits that, at best, he's spreading a rumor he heard.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies