Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-24-2011, 05:54 PM

26,563 posts, read 14,441,941 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post

You have to be born in America to be president.
not exactly. you have to be a natural born citizen to be president. being born in the US is one way to achieve NBC status but not the only way. john mccain was not born in the US but congress still felt he met the NBC eligibility.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2011, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrench409 View Post
This is the best post in this thread!

it would be even better if it could be supported.

Old 01-24-2011, 05:57 PM

12,498 posts, read 26,991,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
not exactly. you have to be a natural born citizen to be president. being born in the US is one way to achieve NBC status but not the only way. john mccain was not born in the US but congress still felt he met the NBC eligibility.
Being born at a US Naval Air base in Panama is a lot closer to being an American than being born in Africa or Indonesia.

McCain also served our country & was a POW for many years in Vietnam. He suffered broken bones & was inflicted with daily torture & starvation by the Northern Vietnamese.

Obama has never served our country & never will as president either. He's a disgrace & a phony. I honestly believe he could possibly even be a plant by the very Muslims who wan't to destroy this country.

Old 01-24-2011, 06:00 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,305,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrench409 View Post
This is the best post in this thread!

Yes we sure do.

If this was anyone else some of these people would want to know every single thing about a persons life.
But for some reason they are behind this mans hiding of his entire life.

Hoping we get the states to force him and all others to provide full documentation and no hidden life history or the candidate does not get on any state ballot.

If the person cannot provide long and stringent information as required then they do not get on that states ballot. No votes means no election possibilities.

Want to see a few on the left squirm like crazy? They will if the states demand full disclosure for anyone who is running to the office of the President and anyone who may become VP.

I believe Obama just committed the biggest fraud onto the American people ever and we are still sitting here wondering if he was or was not born in the USA. For me it is too late to worry about this right now but we need to force his hand for the 2012 election and if he does not provide proof then we will know he committed fraud onto the American people wont we.

We do deserve to know every single thing about anyone running for this office and I mean everything. No hidden or locked up documents, nothing.

This applies to every candidate running.

Old 01-24-2011, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffington View Post
According to Hawaii law, they COULD produce the original long form IF Obama authorized it.
since 2001 the COLB is the only official document that hawaii releases for proof of birth.

Old 01-24-2011, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Being born at a US Naval Air base in Panama is a lot closer to being an American than being born in Africa or Indonesia.

McCain also served our country & was a POW for many years in Vietnam. He suffered broken bones & was inflicted with daily torture & starvation by the Northern Vietnamese.

Obama has never served our country & never will as president either. He's a disgrace & a phony.

The LAW states McCain was eligible and has been this way for tons of years.

They still go back to this old BS with McCain.

So now they want to reward a liar in Obama and stop an American hero whos father fought for our country and whose parents were both US Citizens.

It is not right to stop a kid whose US citizens hero military parents are defending your country from being anything they want to be and that is what the loons on the left wanted to do.

Obamas father never was a US citizen and his Mom gave up her citizenship.

A ton of difference here.

Old 01-24-2011, 06:10 PM

12,498 posts, read 26,991,779 times
I'm actually surprised Clinton was elected president after being found out to have protested Vietnam on the lawns of the Whitehouse. Then later the whole sex scandal with an intern inside the Oval Office.

Nothing a Democrat does or says surprises me anymore.

Old 01-24-2011, 06:12 PM

Quote:
this isn't horseshoes. NBC status isn't determined by being closer.

that being said i do believe that mccain qualified as a NBC. obama qualified by being born in hawaii.

Old 01-24-2011, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
They still go back to this old BS with McCain.
you may want to reread the posts. i was defending mccain's eligibility.

Old 01-24-2011, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
you may want to reread the posts. i was defending mccain's eligibility.

Yes I know.

I was responding to your answer to another posters comments.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies