Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2011, 11:56 AM

26,563 posts, read 14,439,886 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by highcotton View Post
Obozo's eligibility status to be POTUS is much like O.J. Simpson being found not-quilty of killing his wife and another person.
ok,.......

it is nothing like the OJ trial!

the original OJ case was a criminal trial. the degree of evidence needed was "beyond a reasonable doubt". (*)

the second trial was civil and he was found guilty. the burden of proof then was the "majority of the evidence".

all of the birther cases have been civil cases requiring a much less burden of proof. all have failed on the absolute preliminary aspect of standing ! which is not some bizarre legal loophole ( like some birthers make it out to be ) but a basic fundamental standard of our justice system. in words my 4year old daughter could understand " i can't sue you if you didn't hurt me ".

(*) off topic note: i saw an interview ( a few years back ) with some of the OJ trial jury members. they had said that their concern and reason for stating "not guilty" wasn't because of mark fuhrman, "don't fit" or other court theatrics...... the biggest doubt came from the fact that there was samples of preservatives, used by LAPD, found in the blood at the scene of the crime. in this interview it was revealed that the same preservatives are used in mcdonald's secret sauce ( which OJ admitted to eating ). with that info all of the interviewed jury members would have convicted guilty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2011, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
Good. Then you will have no problem with state after state demanding proof before he can be on a ballot.
nope, as long as it's constitutional.

or do you believe all presidents but 4 are unconstitutional?

Old 01-27-2011, 11:59 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,870,989 times
Quote:
Good. Then you will have no problem with state after state demanding proof before he can be on a ballot.
And all the proof they will get is a copy of the birth certificate that's been posted on-line for several years now. What? Are the states going to challenge Hawaii? I don't think so. On what basis could they challenge Hawaii?

Old 01-27-2011, 12:02 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,261,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
Well said.

As I have said (I believe on this very thread) if these people actually got up from their computers and got a JOB, they may feel better about themselves and stop wasting their time on foolishness.

I mean, how can some of these posters keep yapping away all day, generating thousands of posts, and yet hold a job at the same time? Answer: they can't, and I doubt those who claim to be 'retired' (disabled, yet, I believe).
I was unable to get a "job" 25 years ago, at least what I had been prepared for and had worked at for 28 years. Every application came back with the words, we surely would like to have you but you have too many college hours and too much experience which makes you more expensive than we can afford. We can hire a recent college graduate to teach history and government for more than $10,000 than you would cost us. Yes, I interviewed with many who told me just that and some were friends who I had worked with.

I tell you this to prove that I don't have a job now and at 78 would find getting one a bit tough except for Walmart greeter or something like that.

I have been retired for 16 years although I did continue to work at a self-employed job and, in fact, still do work as a janitor. I have always got a kick out of people who have two college degrees, BS and MS, who are working at menial labor like that so I laugh at myself.

If you would like to see it, I can provide you with a birth certificate which I had to get a copy of when I enlisted in the US Army in 1954. That is a bit more than our President can provide to prove his age, citizenship, place of birth or anything else. I even paid extra money to get a small form with all the information on the certificate in case I needed to prove any of those things sometime.

I was nearly 22 when I got that copy of birth certificate but needed it to join the Army. I guess Obama never needed one of those things to prove anything, huh.

Old 01-27-2011, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
If you would like to see it, I can provide you with a birth certificate which I had to get a copy of when I enlisted in the US Army in 1954. That is a bit more than our President can provide to prove his age, citizenship, place of birth or anything else.
roys, what i'd prefer to see is what you could get from your state as a copy of birth today ( or 2007 to be specific ) as proof of birth. nobody is arguing what proof of birth looked like in 1961.

Old 01-27-2011, 01:23 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,318,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post

(*) off topic note: i saw an interview ( a few years back ) with some of the OJ trial jury members. they had said that their concern and reason for stating "not guilty" wasn't because of mark fuhrman, "don't fit" or other court theatrics...... the biggest doubt came from the fact that there was samples of preservatives, used by LAPD, found in the blood at the scene of the crime. in this interview it was revealed that the same preservatives are used in mcdonald's secret sauce ( which OJ admitted to eating ). with that info all of the interviewed jury members would have convicted guilty.

I had no idea.

Last edited by ergohead; 01-27-2011 at 01:43 PM..

Old 01-27-2011, 01:40 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,087,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
And he will provide a copy of his COLB and we can all watch the Birther's heads explode.

COLB is NOT good enough! All that proves is that there was a live birth somewhere.

Old 01-27-2011, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
And all the proof they will get is a copy of the birth certificate that's been posted on-line for several years now. What? Are the states going to challenge Hawaii? I don't think so. On what basis could they challenge Hawaii?

Which one? hussein obama has posted a few different BCs, depending out what detail he forgot and left out.

Old 01-27-2011, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post

LOL. Challenge Hawaii? What makes you think a state would have to challenge Hawaii? States are simply going to pass laws that demand proof someone, anyone, must provide proof they are a natural born citizen before they can be on a ballot to run for president. If hussein obama does not want to provide proof he will not have to. Of course he will not be on the ballot but it will be his choice.

Old 01-27-2011, 01:48 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,870,989 times
Quote:
COLB is NOT good enough! All that proves is that there was a live birth somewhere.
And as long as Hawaii says it was a live birth in their state, whatcha gonna do?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies