Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2011, 10:12 AM

68,326 posts, read 54,336,629 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
obama puke face will gloss over the entire etrosity!!!...and feed hu-boy a great state dinner!!! instead!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..lBECAUSE! of obama puke face...it will all continue...and we will (BECAUSE!) of him! contunue to be heavily dependant upon this rutheless pig!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...and they ARE! our enemy!!!
It appears you're confusing Obama with the Walton family
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2011, 10:13 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,802,087 times
Quote:
The Chinese dictator who is here visiting...to be wined and dined and bowed to and stroked and stoked by obama...will obama kiss his a** like I believe he will, or will he sit him down and say, "Look you jerk!...You cannot be going around with steel forced fists , dragging women...PREGNANT! women out of the arms of their loved ones, to take them to a run down hotel with a table...slam them upon it and reach up into their womb and grab the unborn baby that is in their womb (whether it be 1 month in the womb or 9...it doesn't matter to them) only to crush the unborn infants brains with their bare hands...mother given no medication...left laying there to die...blood pouring out of every oraface...left alone to die...

or

Their one child law...do you know that they kill little tiny newly born babies if they are little girls, they rip them out of the womb if not born yet, or out of the hands (as a brand new born baby) of the new mother , only to take it and murder it by stuffing cotton down it's tiny little throat to slowly choke the life out of it...and if it continues to cry, they stuff ther little heads into a bucket of water to drown it and stop it from crying........young women committ suicide every hour of every day for the loss of their baby's because they cannot handle the traumutizing horror of having ecperienced this themselves...the nurses hoping upon hope that the mother is healthy so they can sell the afterbirth for money...

...will Obama...when he and Ho are seated there in their lovely attire...having a beautiful full course dinner...with all the eminities...will he even MENTION! the abuse of these people of China...?...their women and girl babies...?...the jailing and beating of men , women, young teen boys and girls, until they are nothing more than a pile of bleeding flesh laying on a cold damp, dirty floor...only to have an electrical cow prod shoved up into them to shock their already trembling, beaten, wounded bodies...for what...?...just for standing in a peaceful gathering to stand for the rights of their fellow human beings against the king and his minions and their inhumane treatment of innocent, sometimes very old...sometimes very young protestors of the terrifyng abuse...

will obama make this dictator..this tyrant STOP! what he is doing to his people...or will obama suck him for all he has...that he needs from this scumbag........I think obama will kiss his stinking a** just for a little longer to pay the debt we own them...which, if we continue on the way we are, will NEVER! be paid!!! China will own us...China ALREADY!!! owns us...yea!...let's be just like China everyone!...China's a great representation of where we as American's want to be!!...oh! yea!!!!...my a**!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

...groups of once abused people from China, who are now free, who live in the U.S...who know and have witnessed and experienced this themselves, and so have their close and personal family members...(witnessed mass suicide of women who have just had their baby girl ripped from her insides...thrown into a trash can...and they are left to die themselves...along with the once warm in the womb baby girl)...have tried to get obama's ear by sending him letter after letter...begging for time to talk with him time and time again...only to be ignore over and over again!!!... they are begging him to receive them to sit down and discuss this "so-called" meeting/exclusive, roll-out-the-red-carpet-dinner-function he is having with Ho..who wants to get rid of the U.S. dollar altogether...and have all of our currency be their yen...what's our so-called president going to do about all of the HORRIBLE! wrong being done to innocent human beings over their???????...they are treated like animals...soulless...worthless...animals...but oh no...we roll out the red carpet for this scum....treat him like a king...because he now owns our a**es...lock stock and barrel...obama will kiss his a**...offer him more wine...smile and drink and wink the night away...maybe a teeny-tiny little mention of it so they can stand in front of the cameras the next day and tell us another LIE!!! to our faces that they did, indeed discuss this INHUMANE DICTATORSHIP that is going on now as we speak!...but that will be the end of it...and Scum-Ho will leave here having not heard a word from this gutless wonder of a pile of **** we have as a president.

Pigs.....both of them...and pigs are FAR!!! better than the both of them....scum.

WHAT HAS THIS WORLD COME TO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Your expectations define neo-conism. China's issues are China's problem.

Old 01-19-2011, 10:17 AM

19,890 posts, read 18,742,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
I'm suggesting nothing. I'm asking again, where is the government tasked with this job?

My contention is all too often our involvement in foreign affairs has nothing to do with touchy-feely altruistic goodness and everything to do with our own agenda and all too often we shoot ourselves in the foot during the process.

You contend the world pushed South Africa on apartheid, why should it not also be the world pushing China? My contention is the US should cease attempting to speak for the world.
The US doesn't have to speak for the world, only for itself. I do not understand the aversion to standing up to a human rights abuser.

Old 01-19-2011, 10:23 AM

68,326 posts, read 54,336,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
The US doesn't have to speak for the world, only for itself. I do not understand the aversion to standing up to a human rights abuser.
The only way China will change is from within, attempting to fight others' battles is folly.

Old 01-19-2011, 10:40 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,688,084 times
Quote:
president hu-boy ordered the savage beating of Tibetans, and he KNEW! all about the cattle prods put on the genitals and under the armpits of the Tibetans...he ordered the Tibetan Buddist Priest beaten to a pulp!

China has a hidden agenda...only not so hidden if you have the least bit of common sense...they want to rule the world...and we help them in their goals!!!...WE DON'T GET IT!!!...those people...TO DAY! are repeatedly torchered...100 million MISSING girls....being trafficked...sold for sex until they die...or murdered out right!!!....

China does NOTHING! to Korea!...they use them against us for their own purposes...they do nothing to Iran...or Africa!!!....

obama puke face will gloss over the entire etrosity!!!...and feed hu-boy a great state dinner!!! instead!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..lBECAUSE! of obama puke face...it will all continue...and we will (BECAUSE!) of him! contunue to be heavily dependant upon this rutheless pig!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...and they ARE! our enemy!!!
How old are you? Seriously. You may have raised some valid points in your OP but, I gotta say, any/all credibility you might have had on any issue flew right out the window with this bit of discourse.

Old 01-19-2011, 10:40 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,859,948 times
I am guessing that posters didn't support getting involved in the Balkans either?

You know,when that Clinton guy was in Office....

Old 01-19-2011, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Human rights are not irrelevent. The President conducts foreign policy, this is a foreign policy issue. Are you suggesting pushing China on human rights is unconstitutional?

Just so I understand do you believe the world was wrong for pushing South Africa on aprathied? Or is it your contention that all the world had their house in order at that time?
Human rights are as relevant as hypocrisy can be. America is not immune from that criticism, especially considering the political actions over the decades.

Interventionism is a neocon trait. I neither want nor expect President Obama to adopt it. And, understandably, a lot of hatred directed towards President Barack Hussein Obama stems from it. Neocons want the office back.

China's political decisions and direction are its own, and of its people. Just like, our own problems are our own and up to the people to tackle them. I don't want another country dictating us and it would be hypocritical to have it one way but not the other.

And I'm glad you mentioned apartheid. Perfect example. Apartheid was a people's movement, something our own country dealt with for at least a century. We should have known better than to side with the blatantly racist South African government. No, that doesn't mean pushing an agenda, but supporting a cause and a movement that we feel obligated to, not for political or economic reasons but on humanitarian grounds. Fortunately, a good chunk of US populace and the US congress knew better, and Reagan's stupidity (his veto) was overridden in 1986.

So what is the difference? Supporting a revolution on the right cause, not via action (unless pressed into it) but moral and support without direct engagement, is okay. Dictating other countries' political landscape, or even making an attempt to, is not.

Old 01-19-2011, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
The only way China will change is from within, attempting to fight others' battles is folly.
Again history has shown that is not true, see South Africa circa 1980 or the Berlin Wall 1989. External pressure can be quite effective.

Old 01-19-2011, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Would you extend this "logic" if the country name were changed to Israel? Do you support restrictions against Cuba? It is ultimately hurting the people, after all. Do you think extraordinary rendition and pre-emptive strikes are examples of supporting human rights?

Old 01-19-2011, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Human rights are as relevant as hypocrisy can be. America is not immune from that criticism, especially considering the political actions over the decades.

Interventionism is a neocon trait. I neither want nor expect President Obama to adopt it. And, understandably, a lot of hatred directed towards President Barack Hussein Obama stems from it. Neocons want the office back.

China's political decisions and direction are its own, and of its people. Just like, our own problems are our own and up to the people to tackle them. I don't want another country dictating us and it would be hypocritical to have it one way but not the other.

And I'm glad you mentioned apartheid. Perfect example. Apartheid was a people's movement, something our own country dealt with for at least a century. We should have known better than to side with the blatantly racist South African government. No, that doesn't mean pushing an agenda, but supporting a cause and a movement that we feel obligated to, not for political or economic reasons but on humanitarian grounds. Fortunately, a good chunk of US populace and the US congress knew better, and Reagan's stupidity (his veto) was overridden in 1986.

So what is the difference? Supporting a revolution on the right cause, not via action (unless pressed into it) but moral and support without direct engagement, is okay. Dictating other countries' political landscape, or even making an attempt to, is not.

Meh, I sympathize with the oppressed of the world, I think they are as deserving of freedom as we are. We have a responsibility as human beings to speak up for others who are enslaved. If we followed your beliefs half of Europe would still be deprived of freedom and South Africa would still be seperated by aparthied.

I don't subscribe to some kind of purity test to push for human rights.

You may feel no special obligation to speak up for people who's human rights are being violated, but I do. And I think our country should too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies