Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-21-2011, 09:48 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,218,480 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
Would you rather they performed these procedures while the baby is still alive? If these procedure were not performed, what would you see happening with extremely ill mothers, or profoundly affected babies? Please answer these questions.
Intact Dand X surgery is done with them alive. In fact any abortion is done to a living being.

Last edited by Green Irish Eyes; 01-21-2011 at 07:23 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2011, 10:03 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,556,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
Intact Dand X surgery is done with them alive. In fact any abortion is done to a living being.
So you refuse to answer the question what would you see happen to women with serious health issues, or babies with significant issues. Hmmm....

Intact Dilatation and Extraction is not done when the fetus is still alive. I know the pro-life sites say that, but it just isn't so. And all the pro-life sites I have ever seen only descibe the Intrauterine Cranial Decompression procedure. There are many other techniques. You really need to get your information from more informational and legitimate sites.

Last edited by Green Irish Eyes; 01-21-2011 at 07:23 PM.. Reason: Edited quoted text

Old 01-21-2011, 10:08 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,218,480 times
Quote:
So you refuse to answer the question what would you see happen to women with serious health issues, or babies with significant issues. Hmmm....

Intact Dilatation and Extraction is not done when the fetus is still alive. I know the pro-life sites say that, but it just isn't so. And all the pro-life sites I have ever seen only descibe the Intrauterine Cranial Decompression procedure. There are many other techniques. You really need to get your information from more informational and legitimate sites.
The site i chose to quote from was wiki . I'm sure you think that a pro life site. I chose not to use a pro life sight so you could not whine about where the information came from
As i stated in my post with Intact D and X they have used saline solutions to Kill the baby first but that is only an option.

Old 01-21-2011, 10:18 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,308,171 times
Quote:
As i said to answer you again, yes I'm so glad the kill them before sucking them out
Living, yes, but most are not viable human beings according to the medical community and in theological circles not all abortions are of human beings with a soul. There is no consensus among the various religions (or even within Christian denominations) as to when ensoulment of a fetus takes place which can vary from the moment of conception to the moment of birth. The abortion issue is and has always been a freedom of religion issue in this country. The moment of ensoulment---when life begins---is key to the debate and scholars have been studying ancient religious scriptures looking for proof for a very long time with no consensus. Why is that so hard for Pro-Lifers to respect? Read the transcripts of the Roe vs. Wade hearings sometime where the most respected religious leaders of the time spoke on this very issue and then you might understand why the court ruled the way they did. You can talk in gory detail all you want but nothing has changed since Roe vs. Wade to diminish the most important, key issue in the abortion debate: ensoulment.

Old 01-21-2011, 10:56 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,862,853 times
Quote:
At least their posts have a point and subtance. You want to impose reproductive control over women, and act surprised that we won't stand for it.
LOL....seems YOU aren't reading what I have posted.

I find it very illuminating that to some women,the most important aspect to their being a woman is the right to kill their own baby...

Old 01-21-2011, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
The Hunger Project publicizes widely the fact that 24 people starve to death every minute, 18 of them children.

Just think, in the last 3 minutes........54 children starved to death.

Not enough? Let's ban abortion so we can add more.
In the USA that is happening?

Ummm.....NO.

Old 01-21-2011, 10:59 AM

Quote:
So, are you saying that the only abortions that you are against happen in America?
It is the only nation our laws apply to....

Get with the program.

Old 01-21-2011, 11:06 AM

Regarding viability....

Quote:
United States

The United States Supreme Court stated in Roe v. Wade (1973) that viability (i.e., the "interim point at which the fetus becomes ... potentially able to live outside the mother's womb, albeit with artificial aid"[3]) "is usually placed at about seven months (28 weeks) but may occur earlier, even at 24 weeks."[3] The 28-week definition became part of the "trimester framework" marking the point at which the "compelling state interest" (under the doctrine of strict scrutiny) in preserving potential life became possibly controlling, permitting states to freely regulate and even ban abortion after the 28th week.[3] The subsequent Planned Parenthood v. Casey (1992) modified the "trimester framework," permitting the states to regulate abortion in ways not posing an "undue burden" on the right of the mother to an abortion at any point before and after viability; on account of technological developments between 1973 and 1992, viability itself was legally dissociated from the hard line of 28 weeks, leaving the point at which "undue burdens" were permissible variable depending on the technology of the time and the judgment of the state legislatures.
Quote:
During the past several decades, neonatal care has improved with advances in medical science, and therefore the limit of viability has moved earlier.[10] As of 2006, the two youngest children to survive premature birth are thought to be James Elgin Gill (born on 20 May 1987 in Ottawa, Canada, at 21 weeks and 5 days gestational age),[11][12] and Amillia Taylor (born on 24 October 2006 in Miami, Florida, at 21 weeks and 6 days gestational age).[13][14] Both children were born just under 20 weeks from fertilization, or a few days past the midpoint of an average full-term pregnancy. Despite their premature births, both developed into healthy children.
Viability (fetal) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

From this,it would seem everyone posting here would be in favor of severely restricting abortion to before 20 weeks....better to err on the side of the baby right?

Old 01-21-2011, 11:26 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,036,788 times
Quote:
I'm saying as an American i can worry about American laws first.
So how many of those starving children are American. As an American I need to be concerned about starving American first. if we are sending free foo aid to other countries while American children are dying of hunger we need to look at that policy. So how many American children have dies from hunger this year. We Know 1.2 million died because of abortion

In the United States 3.5 percent of U.S. households experience hunger. Some people in these households frequently skip meals, sometimes going without food for a whole day. 9.6 million people, including 3 million children, live in these homes.

Now:

Add all of the aborted "children" to those stats.

Add the fact that the Republican Party is fighting every day to gut America's social programs that are already straining to feed the hungry.

Result: Soon you could very well have children starving to death in America.

Old 01-21-2011, 11:28 AM

Quote:
In the United States 3.5 percent of U.S. households experience hunger. Some people in these households frequently skip meals, sometimes going without food for a whole day. 9.6 million people, including 3 million children, live in these homes.

Now:

Add all of the aborted "children" to those stats.

Add the fact that the Republican Party is fighting every day to gut America's social programs that are already straining to feed the hungry.

Result: Soon you could very well have children starving to death in America.
How many AMERICANS starved to death last year?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies