Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2011, 02:00 AM

15,701 posts, read 17,032,232 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Are you saying that a fetus say 8 months along feels no pain from being stabbed through the neck into the base of the skull?
Maybe all those who feel it doesn't hurt so much should give it a whirl.
As we can see here from the good doctor's arrest that these procedures are infact being done and not always due to health concerns.
I don't question a womans right to abort. I question the timing and at what point it is fair to say that a fetus is a human being.
If the child could survive outside of the womb with little medical help I would call it viable.
Ummmm......do you read what you write?

This doctor was not doing LEGAL abortions........he was doing ILLEGAL abortions.......that is why he was arrested.

Doctors are often arrested for ILLEGALLY prescribing narcotics........does that mean we should ban the use of all narcotics for everyone?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2011, 02:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
I thought Roe v Wade was supposed to get rid of illegal abortions.

Guess not.
There are negligent and unethical doctors all over America........ so, I guess we should get rid of all doctors.

Old 01-23-2011, 10:38 AM

3,004 posts, read 3,883,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
I honestly feel bad for the women who were forced. I doubt anything short of rape can compare.
For those who elected to have an illegal procedure or elected to save money by having it done by this butcher? Breaking the law isn't noted for its safe practices. They own a measure of blame.
Agree. And anyone who waited until the second or third trimester to do an abortion without a valid reason should own some of the blame too.

Old 01-23-2011, 10:51 AM

14,810 posts, read 16,198,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
Funny how those "conservative, family values, pro-life" Republican's didn't introduce a single, solitary bill to overturn Roe v. Wade during the 6 years they held complete control of the federal government and could have passed anything they wanted, nor did Fox push them to do so.

In fact, as I recall, the subject never came up.
Congress cannot override a Supreme Court decision.

Old 01-23-2011, 10:56 AM

8,874 posts, read 5,361,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Gee, how compassionate of you to make light of the thousands of homeless and hungry children all across America. I am sure that a kid who is going to bed hungry tonight would be happy to know that you can find humor in their suffering.
Maybe you should talk to Michelle. She's the one frittering away her time on childhood obesity while children are starving.

Old 01-23-2011, 10:58 AM

Quote:
There are negligent and unethical doctors all over America........ so, I guess we should get rid of all doctors.
Pro-aborts have worked for years to keep abortion legal.

Obviously, their efforts have failed to end illegal abortions.

Last edited by Minethatbird; 01-23-2011 at 11:08 AM.. Reason: spelling

Old 01-23-2011, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
Pro-aborts have worked for years to keep abortion legal.

Obviously, there efforts have failed to end illegal abortions.
The foster care system has been in effect for many years, yet there are bad foster situations........should we totally do away with the foster care system?

And, as I said before, many crimes are committed with guns........should we totally ban gun ownership.....no private owners allowed......only police and military?

Do you see how ridiculous your point is?

Last edited by Annie53; 01-23-2011 at 12:03 PM..

Old 01-23-2011, 11:20 AM

4,555 posts, read 4,095,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chattypatty View Post
Agree. And anyone who waited until the second or third trimester to do an abortion without a valid reason should own some of the blame too.
Define valid reason???

Kidnapping of Jaycee Lee Dugard - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If this woman can be kidnapped and imprisoned for 18 years, women can be intimidated to act for months pretty easily I think.

How about women with irregular periods??? There are plenty out there too.

So define your valid reson.

Old 01-23-2011, 11:30 AM

Quote:
The foster care system has been in effect for many years, yet there are bad foster situations........should we totally do away with the foster care system?
I wouldn't mind seeing it get a major overhaul.

Old 01-23-2011, 11:36 AM

Quote:

And, as I said before, many crimes are committed with guns........should we totally ban gun ownership.....no private owners allowed......only police and military?

:
I do not recall 2nd Amendment proponents saying legalizing guns will stop crimes being committed with guns. But I do seem to recall pro-abortion people saying for years we must legalize abortion to prevent the horrors of illegal abortions. I also recall being told we must legalize abortions to prevent the deaths of women from abortion. Looks like that one failed as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies