Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2011, 04:49 PM

3,644 posts, read 6,285,776 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
Just wait until they're in full burkas. I just hope that Muslims will allow different colors so we can tell the teams apart.
lol. That could make a funny YOutube video.
Sadly, once we reach full burka status the problem will solve itself since they won't let girls go to school anyway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2011, 05:07 PM

1,309 posts, read 1,358,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerbacon View Post
Maryland: Middle-school girls basketball league changes safety rules to allow hijab - Jihad Watch

They said they waived the safety rule when the parents said they would accept responsibility if something happened to their daughter. That SOUNDS good at first but you can bet that if something DID happen they would be quick to sue the school system. Also, what kind of parents are more concerned about making their kid wear a hijab than about the potential of a serious neck injury (the hijab wraps completely around the neck)?
If she misses a shot can we stone her? Isn't that in the Koran somewhere? (To shoot like an infidel? )

Old 01-19-2011, 06:24 PM

58,527 posts, read 26,845,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerbacon View Post
Maryland: Middle-school girls basketball league changes safety rules to allow hijab - Jihad Watch

They said they waived the safety rule when the parents said they would accept responsibility if something happened to their daughter. That SOUNDS good at first but you can bet that if something DID happen they would be quick to sue the school system. Also, what kind of parents are more concerned about making their kid wear a hijab than about the potential of a serious neck injury (the hijab wraps completely around the neck)?
And some people ask why I moved from MD.

Old 01-19-2011, 06:27 PM

58,527 posts, read 26,845,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Why is this a problem? If they want to wear hijabs, THEIR BUSINESS! No one is forcing you to wear it.
You are aware that in many school districts the wearing of jewelery is forbidden. You know, like those Crucifix and St. Christopher medals.

I guess now they will allowed to wear them. Good for the goose, good for the gander.

Old 01-19-2011, 06:53 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,660,170 times
Quote:
but you can bet that if something DID happen they would be quick to sue the school system.
1. You have absolutely no evidence for this claim.

2. Do any of you find it ironic that you will scream and shout for freedom and "don't tread on me", but are the FIRST to complain when other people seek and receive freedom?

This is the equivalent of a governing body removing a regulation to let people take personal responsiblity, and yet you all contradict your core values because they're Muslim. Hypocrites.

Old 01-19-2011, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
You are aware that in many school districts the wearing of jewelery is forbidden. You know, like those Crucifix and St. Christopher medals.

I guess now they will allowed to wear them. Good for the goose, good for the gander.
Are those rules in effect in this particular school district?

Also - how come I never see outrage over Christian nuns covered from head to toe on here? I just don't understand the hypocrisy. Makes it hard to believe it's anything more than bigotry.

Old 01-19-2011, 07:02 PM

7,284 posts, read 12,881,258 times
It's not part of the uniform. Suppose boy basketball players want to wear the little round hats (sorry, can't recall what those are called), or girls want to wear full make-up and fancy up-dos? I don't think the coach would allow it.

As far as I know, you can only wear the uniform, no earrings, no special anything that you might otherwise wear. I am sure it won't hurt them to take it off for an hour.

Old 01-19-2011, 07:05 PM

13,290 posts, read 15,234,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
And some people ask why I moved from MD.
Too religiously tolerant for you?

Old 01-19-2011, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by imcurious View Post
It's not part of the uniform. Suppose boy basketball players want to wear the little round hats (sorry, can't recall what those are called), or girls want to wear full make-up and fancy up-dos? I don't think the coach would allow it.

As far as I know, you can only wear the uniform, no earrings, no special anything that you might otherwise wear. I am sure it won't hurt them to take it off for an hour.
People wear additions to uniforms all the time - an armband, a wristband, a headband, gloves, a tribute to a lost person, goggles... I suspect you don't understand much about Islam to make the last statement.

Old 01-19-2011, 07:11 PM

7,284 posts, read 12,881,258 times
No, I don't know anything about Islam. What would happen if they were to take it off for one hour?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies