Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who's economy is it?
Bush 22 33.33%
Obama 44 66.67%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2011, 11:55 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,813,019 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Unlike a lot of people on here, I don't blame just 1 party. They both had a hand in it.
I think that too is a flawed argument and disallows us to find out specific reasons that lead to such debacles. You are correct in that we shouldn't blame just one party, but both. Heck, I would go ahead and throw people in there who keep electing people who work against THEIR interests, who keep electing people to run the government while claiming government can't do anything right.

But, it IS important to pin point problem areas, the root causes and the political ideologies that dictate them. So, we can work towards reducing, if not eliminating, their effect.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2011, 12:02 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,440,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by liebknecht View Post
Bush is responsible for the mess we're in today. Not only in the US but in the whole world. Obama has been doing a fantastic job so far, considering what Bush left behind. Not only has Obama restored some of America's reputation in the world, the economy is also on its way back to recovery. Can't thank the guy enough to be honest.
Please be sensible, if you live and breath in the U.S. we all know the reality is that both parties are responsible, to say only one is, is not only ignorant but false. But as time passes by, and Bush has been long gone, who is responsible now! who!

When things are tough and going downhill, why is it Bush'f fault, things are going great, and doing just dandy, it's on Obama's watch why is that.

Both parties have been fiscally responsible for the mess we are in, both parties, to say only one, is not facing reality!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-21-2011, 12:09 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,786,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
Steven_h,

See both sides as fellow Americans?!

Why, what would Rush, G. Gordon, Sean, Sarah, John, Michael, Laura, and Ann do for a living? What would we listen to on the drive to the construction site?! How could we feel victimized each day?! We might need to learn something new!
And what would the Olberman, Dowd, Maddow, Krugmen, Mathews, (taking a breath), Shumer, Broder, Thomas, Press, Chomsky do for a living? Who would we watch after a long day at the bank? How could we get our revisionist fix? The true reality of things might actually settle in and explode our heads.

BTW: Don't trash construction tradesmen. Every time you sit down on your thrown to read your daily fix, give thanks to who built it for you. One day you'll need a construction guy to make your life work again.

Old 01-21-2011, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Clinton had to deal with republican congress that Bush inherited. It took arrival of Bush for the republicans in the congress to push their agenda of redistributing the surplus as tax cuts. And we never had a surplus since. Three tax cuts, and nearly a trillion dollar in agreed upon reduction in federal receipts later, what exactly was the direction of the economy? Yeah, we had housing bubble... the economy was "excellent", wasn't it?

I also find it amusing when people think that internet arrived and died in the 1990s. Perhaps some of you ARE completely out of touch with the reality. Welcome to the 2000s where internet isn't just alive, it is still flourishing. But hey, we would rather have people deal with credit issues and a massive housing bubble (which, unlike most argument presented was not just from bad loans, but from horrible economy that reduced incomes, reduced job growth while expenses marched on, with people taking more and more "easy" credit... thanks to the only tool repeatedly used over the years, by pushing for lower and lower interest rates, down to ZERO when Bush left office).

But let us consider your big talk... giving credit where it is due, and taking it away where it is not. So, Clinton was responsible for internet bubble, and repeal of Glass-Steagall Act, but it was republican congress responsible for surplus?

You would make more sense if you didn't demonstrate hypocrisy. How about sticking to just the congress or the President, with consistency?

Oh yeah, and about the Einstein thingy, no I'm no Einstein. Would never claim it. And even if I did, it shouldn't get your thingy twisted in a bunch. So make political arguments, and don't worry about people's user names. That, if you care about coming out as a mature person.
I never said the republicans didn't blow it. I also never said anything about the internet coming or going, just that it was what it was. My big talk? I don't have the time for big talk, I leave that to you because you are so good at it. I should only post my thoughts as you see fit. I'll make sure to ask what "one idea" I can focus on next time. After all free thinking is dangerous to people like you, and always wrong.

BTW... the Einstein comment was complete sarcasm based on something one of our Presidents once said. Nice to see you also have a sense of humor to go along with that elitist attitude of yours.

Old 01-21-2011, 12:53 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,304,477 times
Obama owns it.

2 years in office and 800 billion dollars stolen from the American people proves it.

Obama and the libs had TOTAL control of the country for 2 years and actually made things worse.

This is January 2011 and this is the worst economy since the depression. This is Obamas economy and we are seeing the effects after 2 years of his failures and mistakes.

Anyone who still blames Bush has a major problem and have been out of touch with reality for a long time.

Lefties are quick to give Obama credit when something looks or appear to be doing well but when something fails or goes wrong they go back to the ole standby and blame Bush.

Old 01-21-2011, 12:58 PM

2,514 posts, read 1,986,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zz4guy View Post
Just askin.
My vote is for Reagan. He started the debt bubble.

Old 01-21-2011, 01:27 PM

5,944 posts, read 5,582,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
Obama owns it.

2 years in office and 800 billion dollars stolen from the American people proves it.

Obama and the libs had TOTAL control of the country for 2 years and actually made things worse.

This is January 2011 and this is the worst economy since the depression. This is Obamas economy and we are seeing the effects after 2 years of his failures and mistakes.

Anyone who still blames Bush has a major problem and have been out of touch with reality for a long time.

Lefties are quick to give Obama credit when something looks or appear to be doing well but when something fails or goes wrong they go back to the ole standby and blame Bush.

Poor Bush...

Always getting blamed for the things he screwed up.

Old 01-21-2011, 02:18 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,813,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
I never said the republicans didn't blow it. I also never said anything about the internet coming or going, just that it was what it was. My big talk? I don't have the time for big talk, I leave that to you because you are so good at it. I should only post my thoughts as you see fit. I'll make sure to ask what "one idea" I can focus on next time. After all free thinking is dangerous to people like you, and always wrong.
No, you should post your thoughts only if you can handle the rebuttal.

Quote:
BTW... the Einstein comment was complete sarcasm based on something one of our Presidents once said. Nice to see you also have a sense of humor to go along with that elitist attitude of yours.
Thank you. It takes two to tango.

Old 01-21-2011, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
No, you should post your thoughts only if you can handle the rebuttal.

Thank you. It takes two to tango.
Was that an attempt at having anyone believe you caught the sarcasm? Please spare me those weak, five paragraph rebuttals. You simple love reading your own words repeatedly.

Old 01-21-2011, 05:45 PM

9,982 posts, read 13,759,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
And what would the Olberman, Dowd, Maddow, Krugmen, Mathews, (taking a breath), Shumer, Broder, Thomas, Press, Chomsky do for a living? Who would we watch after a long day at the bank? How could we get our revisionist fix? The true reality of things might actually settle in and explode our heads.

BTW: Don't trash construction tradesmen. Every time you sit down on your thrown to read your daily fix, give thanks to who built it for you. One day you'll need a construction guy to make your life work again.

Good points. I should not have dogged the construction dudes. They work hard. I guess that is the point right. Many, if not most of our fellow citizens are worthy of our respect. But you'd never know it with all the shouting we do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies