Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2011, 07:09 AM

1,309 posts, read 1,362,561 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
To be honest, this is a bipartisan failure. I have not been a fan of many of the Dems actions, but the GOP has been complicit in this unequal trading alliances as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
Profits, pure plain and simple!
No doubt there's some stroking going on for both political parties here. IMO outsourcing is nothing more than a way to increase profits, which isn't bad for the CO but sucks massive amounts of butt water for American citizens.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2011, 07:15 AM

1,168 posts, read 1,244,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by equinox63 View Post
How do companies that outsource jobs (that can be done in America) help the U.S. economy?
Because technically there is no "the" economy. Every human's wealth is his personal economy and from that point of view paying less for the same amount is economically good. When you can chose between hiring a plumber for $10 per hour or $40 per hour who does the same job it's not a difficult choice to pay the cheaper one, be he a foreigner or not.

Companies that outsource jobs have can keep more wealth at their disposal to spend at their own leisure instead of someone else's for some abstract notion of solidarity.

Old 01-20-2011, 07:18 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,938,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dollymixture View Post
Because in some cases they allow companies to pay much lower wages. Allegedly. That helps the business.
Some will tell you that if the fat cats make more then it will trickle down to the rest of us. So in other words any time they feel the need to trickle we will be down here to recieve it, hmmmm, I suspect I am not spelling that trickle word correctly????
Casper

Old 01-20-2011, 07:26 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,783,759 times
ET - I hire the $40 per hour plumber because the work done by the $10 per hour guy will hold about as much water as your utopian nonsense.

Old 01-20-2011, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
ET - I hire the $40 per hour plumber because the work done by the $10 per hour guy will hold about as much water as your utopian nonsense.
If you really think that is economically sound it would be better if you hire the foreign $10 plumber and just give away $30 to the American plumber leaving him time to work for someone else. That would give the American economy a $70 increase instead of $40!!!!!

Old 01-20-2011, 10:50 AM

2,541 posts, read 2,738,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zz4guy View Post
Why don't you ask Bill Clinton who signed Nafta and the rest of the Democrats who vote every chance they get to increase the cost of doing business here.
Most of the good paying jobs went to India and China during Bush's reign of terror. Hardly anything went to Mexico and Canada. So your arguement is baseless.

Old 01-20-2011, 11:06 AM

5,297 posts, read 7,631,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EuroTrashed View Post
If you really think that is economically sound it would be better if you hire the foreign $10 plumber and just give away $30 to the American plumber leaving him time to work for someone else. That would give the American economy a $70 increase instead of $40!!!!!

Did I miss something here, seriously ? Why would he pay the $10 an hour guy for substandard work that will probably have to be repeated and cost more ? Is that what you are saying....? I don't understand.

Old 01-20-2011, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post
Did I miss something here, seriously ? Why would he pay the $10 an hour guy for substandard work that will probably have to be repeated and cost more ? Is that what you are saying....? I don't understand.
The premise was that the foreigner does the same job (thus of the same quality) as the American. Or are you saying that foreigners can't ever do the same jobs as Americans?

Old 01-20-2011, 11:32 AM

1,309 posts, read 1,362,561 times
Hiring the $10hr plumber will (more than likely) result in having to hire the $40hr plumber afterwards. Total spent $50. Unlike the FED government I cannot afford to spend twice for results I should have received the first time. Cheap labor is that..

Old 01-20-2011, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCincorrect View Post
Hiring the $10hr plumber will (more than likely) result in having to hire the $40hr plumber afterwards. Total spent $50. Unlike the FED government I cannot afford to spend twice for results I should have received the first time. Cheap labor is that..
It was just an example. If you believe that the foreign worker is always worse than feel free to hire expensive quality Americans; I'm just saying that these businesses aren't as stupid and racist as you and are willing to hire the foreigners and their managers will get rich while you will be poor. But at least you buy Uh-merikan!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies