Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2013, 07:44 PM

563 posts, read 807,392 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatWing View Post
you're in denial. I get that. but it's a known fact the Asians(as in Asian, not Hindu) are addicted to Opium.
Source?

Old 07-09-2013, 07:46 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
They don't like to own up to it but MOST Chicanos who DON'T speak Spanish ain't real "Hispanic" in other ways either.

Jews: they can call themselves what they want but they're almost always "white" and many of them gag at their children dating Black or "brown" people even IF they're Jewish too.
You think blacks and browns are happy with the idea of their children dating Jews?

Goes both ways buddy.

Old 07-09-2013, 07:49 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,759,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
Like everybody else said....they care about education and not materials.

A value missing in some communities a few in particular.
Few people are more materialistic than the Chinese. But yes, at the same time, they do also value education.

Old 07-09-2013, 07:58 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,759,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael656 View Post
Asians aren't "superior" to white people. No race is "superior" to another.
Ranking one group of people as superior to another overall would be a subjective choice. But there certainly are objective differences among groups in various areas. In terms of school perfromance it is entirely accurate to say that Asian Americans and Jews are superior to whites, blacks and Hispanics.

Old 07-09-2013, 08:21 PM

25,847 posts, read 16,528,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
This thread was a joke from the get-go, and I suspect that the OP is Asian himself.

Asians are superior because they test better than everyone else on standardized batteries?

Complete gibberish. Doesn't make a lick of sense.

From a practical standpoint, it doesn't seem to mean much. After all, at which point did Asians become superior. Where should I mark that point in history?

Get this; the internal combustion engine ( and its many variants), the automobile, locomotive, flight, rockets, cures for polio and venereal diseases, radar, sonar, the telephone, the internet...and of course computers...all invented by White People. And that's just a small sample. Nevermind things like electricity and nuclear technology. Or even putting a man on the moon. Which Asian invented that stuff?

In other words...I give far more weight to the application of knowledge far moreso than the simple consumption of it.

So what if Asians have high I.Q.'s? In the annals of human history, it certainly hasn't put them any further ahead of other industrialized nations. They can't touch the Germans when it comes to application of knowledge. Check the patents and get back to me.

Geez...can't believe that whites are hardly defending themselves in this thread. Fine..I'll do it. LMAO..

If we're talking about a superiority in culture, that just depends on how one looks at it. Its great that asian kids are doing great on standardized tests, but again...which Asians?
I give black people just as much credit for all those AMERICAN inventions. All of our forefathers worked together in whatever capacity they were thrust into to make it possible to accomplish those feats.

Old 07-09-2013, 08:29 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,733,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonderful Jellal View Post
The 2010 SAT college entrance test results are in. Historically, back in the day when I went to MIT, the common wisdom was that Asians scored better in math, but were disadvantaged because of the verbal scores.

Moderator cut: Copyright violation -- please post a link and a "snippet" only, per the Terms of Service.

Asian Americans are #1 on the SAT

They will be the new American Elite
Here are excerpts from an article on why Asians perform better:

While American children are dividing their time between a thousand different extracurricular activities in addition to household chores, Asian students are concentrating more on their schoolwork. The role of Asian children in the family is clear-cut and two-fold:
  • Respect your elders and obey your parents.
  • Study hard and do well in school to secure a bright future.
Our father was the breadwinner during the day and an educator at night. Our mother kept the house and finances in order during the day and also became an educator at night.

Our role during the day was to obey our teachers and do our best in the classroom; our role at night was to obey our parents and focus on our continued studies at home (which included homework, review of previously learned material and any additional assignments our parents gave us). Of course, we also cleaned our rooms, set the table, did the dishes and played outdoors, but we didn't have the multitude of distractions that many non-Asian children faced once school ended.

How Do Asian Students Get to the Top of the Class? - Emotional Well-Being | GreatSchools

I can't see non-Asian kids agree to any of that ^^^^

Old 07-09-2013, 08:41 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,141,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BatWing View Post
you're in denial. I get that. but it's a known fact the Asians(as in Asian, not Hindu) are addicted to Opium.
Talk about ignorance at its finest.

Old 07-09-2013, 09:04 PM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
Exactly, "Well I may only make 40K a year, be divorced and have 3 kids at the age of 23 but at least I got laid in high school" LOL...love that comeback by white people. I see this all the time in the hospital. I see a 34 year old fat White nurse who carries pictures of herself as a cheerleader on her cell phone to show to people or better yet, she posts it on Facebook. Meanwhile, she has two teenagers because she got pregnant when she was was 19 and is divorced.
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
You do realize that those dumb*** whites scored just 2.6% lower than Asians on the SAT test, right?

Mexican and Mexican American students scored 16% below Asians and blacks did even worse.

SAT scores show disparities by race, gender, family income - USATODAY.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
I wonder what that percentage would be if you excluded Jewish people from the "white" category. I know many Jews don't consider themselves to be "White" since that typically refers to white anglo saxon Christians. Their culture is significantly different from mainstream "white" culture in terms of family values, work ethic etc. That distinction would be far greater than 2.6% if you excluded them.

And you are highlighting Mexican and Mexican American stats because I'm Mexican American? Yes, my culture has a long way to go in improving success on standardized tests. Nonetheless, I became a physician and achieved success. However, I see many of the same problems in my culture that I see with white mainstream culture. They emphasize success in non-academic fields more than Asians and Jews. Even some of the responses on this thread demonstrate those attitudes. People are referring to penis size and dating success which exemplifies their definition of success. That is likely just compensation for refusing to acknowledge their failures in life.

No GDB, you highlighted that and you went after white people.

Now you have egg on your face and want to try it again by redefining white people to exclude Jews.

OK, if we assumed that 2.5% (an admittedly exaggerated number) of white test takers were Jewish, and if we further assumed that every one of them scored a perfect 2400 on the test, even if we excluded these pretend perfect scores from the white's total, white (minus Jews) would still have an average SAT score of 1513.

Still wanna play?

Last edited by momonkey; 07-09-2013 at 09:19 PM..

Old 07-09-2013, 09:09 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
discipline and diligence with parental enforcement and support of those values has predictable results. we as european americans have not continued these traditions.

Old 07-09-2013, 09:31 PM

3,304 posts, read 2,172,697 times
Culture is a product of the people, not the other way around. Many of you keep asserting that Asians do well academically just because of culture, implying that if others copied Asian culture, they would also do as well. So why hasn't that happened? Is it lack of interest or lack of trying? Or is it because some groups have a higher propensity for academic success? I say the latter, not out of opinion, but because the statistical evidence says so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies