Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2011, 05:41 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,409,927 times

Advertisements

There may want us to believe that they are, but come on now, do they think we don't have brains or what? They may be outside of politics, but somehow with these two i doubt it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2011, 06:20 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,189,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistygrl092 View Post
C'mon. Are you going to be friends with someone who just got your "better" job and in light of the fact you do not share the same beliefs? The notion is ridiculous and that's why I don't understand the point of this thread.
They weren't directly competing with each other--the R's won the majority so she was out, no matter who the R's elected speaker.

I don't know much about relationships between elected officials on a national level, but I can tell you that on a statehouse level it's not uncommon for leadership and members of opposing parties to be chummy on a personal level. You might be at each other's throats on different issues, or during a campaign, but then the time rolls around where you have to work together on something else. The golden rule is never make complete enemies of people that you may need. Do I think they're best friends? No. But friendly is possible.

Old 01-20-2011, 06:21 PM

56,989 posts, read 35,116,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
Please. Give us credit for not being idiots. Pelosi recently stated that she considers Boehner her "friend", and also for the state of the union address, Sen. Udall will call for Repubs and Dems to sit together in Congress.

Lol, what is this like when the cheerleaders sit in the back with the geeks in high school ????? wow-----Congress really thinks we are buying the grandstanding while nothing gets done. sad commentary.
Who cares if they're friends or not?

I don't even know why that's important. If they are, good for them. If she says they are, then i guess i believe it.

Old 01-20-2011, 06:31 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,076,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
I think they are more than friends. Nudge, nudge, wink, wink.
Just what I needed. An image of sex with a women in her 70s.

[IMG]http://******************/vomit-smiley-9529.gif[/IMG]

Old 01-20-2011, 06:34 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,856,313 times
San Fran Nan maybe giving Boehner tips on botox tx. while he gives her tips on tanning spas.

Are they friends? Don't know, don't care. Will he treat her with more respect than she showed any GOP House members under her term as Speaker? Absolutely.

Old 01-20-2011, 06:37 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,722,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Just what I needed. An image of sex with a women in her 70s.

Yeah, I kind of puked as I was typing it.

Old 01-20-2011, 06:40 PM

45,137 posts, read 26,317,877 times
Quote:
Are Americans to believe Pelosi and Boehner are "friends"
Like two sharks...

Old 01-21-2011, 08:36 AM

14,496 posts, read 26,553,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
Unlike too many members here, Congresscritters really can be friends in spite of their leanings.

Maybe that's a lesson in civility which we all ought to learn.
Congress is civil? Yeah now that a tragedy occurred they are hypervigilant. Wait til the smear campaigns start again.

Old 01-21-2011, 08:39 AM

14,496 posts, read 26,553,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistygrl092 View Post
C'mon. Are you going to be friends with someone who just got your "better" job and in light of the fact you do not share the same beliefs? The notion is ridiculous and that's why I don't understand the point of this thread.
The point is written in irony- I guess lost on some here.

The fact is its more spin by Congress, which we should all care about I was being facetious when I mentioned the comments.

Most Americans are fed up with the in-fighting and Repubs. and Dems. Theres a huge majority of swing voters out there they wont vote party line in 2012. I should think that quite relevant.

Old 01-21-2011, 12:23 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,423,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
Please. Give us credit for not being idiots. Pelosi recently stated that she considers Boehner her "friend", and also for the state of the union address, Sen. Udall will call for Repubs and Dems to sit together in Congress.

Lol, what is this like when the cheerleaders sit in the back with the geeks in high school ????? wow-----Congress really thinks we are buying the grandstanding while nothing gets done. sad commentary.

All the higher ups are friends. Behind the scenes the Democratic and Republican presidents and ex presidents are all buddies because they are all working towards the same goal which is to keep on conning us into giving up more control and more of our money for their personal use! They are all part of the New World Order elites! The
sooner Amercians wake up and realize this, the better off our country will be.

The whole charade of the Republicans and Democrats being behind different things that are good for the country and their constituents is just that, a charade! Both parties have done nothing but destroy the country and expand the government for their personal benefit and for the benefit of mega corporations and banks for decades!

Now they have engineered this whole unwinnable "war on terror" which is a complete farce. More people die from peanut allergies or frome being struck by lightening than from terrorists. Yet we have let them rob us blind to implement the completely wasteful and unnecessary institution of "Homeland Security" which not does not make us any safer but via the TSA only makes our quality of lives worse as we put up with the abuse and humiliation and unlawfulness of the TSA.

When are we going to wake up and tell them to simply SHUT DOWN HOMELAND SECURITY! ? We don't have a Homeland Security to guard against lightening strikes which kill a lot more Americans than terrorists do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies