Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2011, 12:17 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,934,013 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm2008 View Post
Statistical citation refers to some objective proof that the "fact" you mention is true. So you do you have one? I guess that is a no?

This discussion has come up on CD a number of times. Use the search function and I suspect you weill find it in the threads, not titles.

Old 01-24-2011, 12:22 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,934,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
You trot out one person and make a claim like that.

Why didn't you choose John D. Rockefeller? He married the daughter of the founder of Brown Universty who was a reknown abolitionist. He was financed the start of the NAACP, the United Negro College Fund, and Spelman College a historically Black college. His grandson Nelson Rockefeller, a foirmer governor of the State of New York and Vice President under Gerald Ford was a strong civil rights advocate. He was one of the last liberal Republicans.

Now trot out a Conservative that has done equal or more than that and we can talk.
Maybe you would like to actually address the thread topic of the Conservative Black Tea Party in Houston?

Old 01-24-2011, 04:18 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,222,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
When Dr. Laura goes on a "N" word tirade, and NO Republican or Conservative leader speaks out against her but Sarah Palin defends her First Ammdment rights. Black Americans get the message load and clear.

When Rush Limbaugh supports Republiucan and Conservative politicians and cause yet makes remarks like:

"NFL all too often looks like a game between the Bloods and the Crips."

Here are some other Limbaugh pearls:

As long as Conservatives like Rush Limbaugh make statements and Conservatives remain silent it's going to problematic attracted Black American to the Conservative Moment in large numbers. The silence of Conservative will be interpreted by many Black Americans as tacit approval by Conservative Americans of his thinking and remarks. As long as that is the case the Conservatives won't be makiing great inroads among Black Americans
So you are saying blacks listen to and take note on what rush says and the basis their vote on what rush says

Old 01-24-2011, 04:27 AM

1,309 posts, read 1,362,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
Statistical citation please.
Rather than waist our time with "Statistics” just look at the liberal media and lawmakers. I don’t need a piece of paper to see the writing on the wall but the liberal (hard left liberal) world needs this scribbled junk to lean on, “Look, see, I have a piece of paper that proves I’m right!” Your comment even solidifies mine, instead of researching the info yourself you try to pawn the task of statistical proof on me (we all know statistics are a fools proof).
I don’t care who believes me. I don’t reply to have a debate; I reply to voice my opinion and no liberal or conservative will change that.
In my world the more left the liberal the more they sit and point a finger of blame without contributing. The more “right” the conservative the hotter hell is going to be for everyone else.

Old 01-24-2011, 04:31 AM

11,155 posts, read 15,706,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrymac View Post
Go back and learn history..
I've noticed there's a common misunderstanding on this forum by which people don't realize that the Republican Party used to be the progressive party and Democrats used to be the conservative party. The South, which has always been socially conservative and focused on states rights, was the Democratic and conservative core of this country until 1965. With that understanding, it is, actually, true that the conservative party (whichever party it is housed in) has consistently resisted civil rights efforts, whether it be resistance to ending slavery, to women's suffrage, to civil rights, to gay rights.

We discussed it ad nauseam on this thread already, but your "face in hand" suggests you are unaware of this.

Old 01-24-2011, 04:37 AM

11,155 posts, read 15,706,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCincorrect View Post
Rather than waist our time with "Statistics” just look at the liberal media and lawmakers. I don’t need a piece of paper to see the writing on the wall but the liberal (hard left liberal) world needs this scribbled junk to lean on, “Look, see, I have a piece of paper that proves I’m right!” Your comment even solidifies mine, instead of researching the info yourself you try to pawn the task of statistical proof on me (we all know statistics are a fools proof).
I don’t care who believes me. I don’t reply to have a debate; I reply to voice my opinion and no liberal or conservative will change that.
In my world the more left the liberal the more they sit and point a finger of blame without contributing. The more “right” the conservative the hotter hell is going to be for everyone else.
Ok. So you have no statistics to support your belief. Hilarious that you make an absurd statement that liberals sit on their butts and act like bigots, and then try to foist the burden of proof onto me. Unbelievable the minimal level of discourse one must endure on this forum. Good luck getting out of a freshman seminar with that mindset.

Anyway, we all know your statement was false, so I won't bother engaging in a debate over it either. Don't ever let the truth get in the way of your opinion, kid. The world's so much easier to understand when we can reduce it to absurd and inaccurate black and white caricatures of people we don't know. I give you credit for at least admitting it.

Old 01-24-2011, 08:23 AM

2,476 posts, read 2,603,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
I've noticed there's a common misunderstanding on this forum by which people don't realize that the Republican Party used to be the progressive party and Democrats used to be the conservative party. The South, which has always been socially conservative and focused on states rights, was the Democratic and conservative core of this country until 1965. With that understanding, it is, actually, true that the conservative party (whichever party it is housed in) has consistently resisted civil rights efforts, whether it be resistance to ending slavery, to women's suffrage, to civil rights, to gay rights.

We discussed it ad nauseam on this thread already, but your "face in hand" suggests you are unaware of this.

No quite the opposite..I understand history but it gets kind of old when the left keeps throwing the horses**t.

..and actually you make my point that Dems have and still are holding blacks down.

Old 01-24-2011, 08:30 AM

2,125 posts, read 1,939,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrymac View Post
No quite the opposite..I understand history but it gets kind of old when the left keeps throwing the horses**t.

..and actually you make my point that Dems have and still are holding blacks down.
So basically you're going to ignore the points being made to you and show off the fact that you have no clue what you're talking about. The Republican Party has been far more antagonistic towards minority rights since the Southern Strategy than the Democrats have been, which is why they never win the black vote. Reagan's actions towards Civil Rights legislation speak for themselves.

Old 01-24-2011, 09:04 AM

1,496 posts, read 3,385,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
Not a sir, yet another assumption you got wrong.

You've showed a bunch of words to mask your assumptions. Can you answer the question, yes or No? Have you spoken to ANY BLACKS to ask how Civil Rights have negatively impacted their lives? Its appears to me as you have not since the question wasn't posed to anyone that I know. It also appears to me that you seem to go on these tangems concerning history but twist it to support your rants concerning Blacks. Nothing in any of these links you've provided address your statement.

Have you spoken to any Blacks any to support your assumption? The links and the rants do not provide any FACTS to s upport your statement. Try again.
You just don't get it here. I have provided a ton of FACTS but you refuse to see them. Not my problem here that you ignore them...

First I never wrote "civil rights" didn't help Blacks. Show me where I wrote that please. You can't b/c I didn't write this YOU DID.

I wrote that politicians in the entire 20th century have either used Blacks for their own advantage, or they simply voted against civil rights, as the Democrats did up until 1965, and continue to do today.

I provide proof in "links" in case you missed them. I show the Democrats voting record. After 1965 I showed you how LBJ and the Great Society has done more to harm Blacks than to help them. I provided evidence and a few links to show you this as well. You call my research rants to attack me personally because you have no reasonable rebuttal. You are fooled by propaganda. Furthermore, once you attack me personally, I know you have lost this debate because you are out of evidence, if you ever provided any. You did provide anectadotal statements which don't mean a thing here. I have provided a dearth of information and you simply ignore it. Keep those blinders on now.

Here is your attack upon me personally. I don't know what a "tangem" is anyway.:

Quote:
"It also appears to me that you seem to go on these tangems concerning history but twist it to support your rants concerning Blacks."
Historical research and historical proof doesn't lie and doesn't deal in anectadotes. My friends of all color believe that the US government has ruined the lives of many people, not just Blacks. We have historical evidence on our side as I have shown in this thread time and time again.

I don't see how you can say I don't supply facts. I showed you how before the Great Society the Black family was 70% whole and intact. Today it is 30% and is directly related to the welfare system designed by LBJ. I provided evidence of this.

The Democrats just love to point to the 60's as the saviour of the Blacks. In FACT, LBJ was a racist as they come. His own chauffer, Mr Robert Parker, in his atuobiogrphy proved it. Try reading it. LBJ admitted he used the Blacks only to get elected in 1964.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1rIDmDWSms

Racism and the Never-ending Storm

Quote:
The list of Progressive/Democratic racist behavior is long, lurid, and loathsome
The list of Progressive/Democratic racist behavior is long, lurid, and loathsome, but in the 1960s they underwent a sea-change. What happened?
A lot of things happened, but mainly Lyndon Baines Johnson (D-TX), the 36th President of the United States, happened.
Sensing the way the wind was blowing (due primarily to civil rights efforts made by conservatives), LBJ (himself a racist) decided to co-opt the black vote. In a typical left-wing ploy, the Democrats positioned themselves to “solve” a problem largely created by themselves.
Quote:
<H3 itxtvisited="1">LBJ: “I’ll have those nig—rs voting Democratic for 200 years!”
Quote:

LBJ famously (infamously) boasted, “I’ll have those nig—rs voting Democratic for 200 years!” He started a series of domestic programs aimed at erasing poverty and racism, and named the effort “The Great Society.”
The welfare programs initiated under FDR, were massively expanded under LBJ, and the modern “welfare state,” as we know it, was born.
The result of several generations living under the governments thumb has been devastating to black communities. Check out the number of one-parent families with no decent male role models, and the dropout rates in the inner-city schools. (Link)
Their thinking has been so twisted and warped by Far Left propaganda, that instead of valuing freedom, and their right to succeed, they clamor for handouts, and their “right” to be enslaved by a “nanny state.” “Wrapped with golden chains,” they suck from the teat of big government and consider themselves “entitled.” (Link)
“We the people,” work to support them, as the Far Left continues to exploit them (and us).
Like kapos in the concentration camps, black “overseers” make sure that their charges stay on the plantation (in ghettos, on welfare), for “massa” (the Democratic Party). (Religious trappings seem to be favored by these “overseers”).
</H3>

In the link below you can see how LBJ almost NEVER supported Civil Rights legislation:
http://wyntonhall.com/_the_unknown_history_of_civil_rights__70476.htm

Quote:
Just look at the historical record. As Lyndon Johnson told Hubert Humphrey: "Now you know that bill can't pass unless you get Ev[erett] Dirksen.”

Indeed, LBJ biographer Robert Caro notes that prior to 1957, Johnson “had never supported civil rights legislation—any civil rights legislation,” including anti-lynching legislation. His private behavior toward blacks was appalling. Robert Parker, LBJ’s longtime black employee and limousine chauffeur, claims that Johsnon blasted him daily with a blizzard of bigoted slurs. And even as LBJ was being praised by liberals for his appointment of Thurgood Marshall to the Supreme Court, behind closed doors LBJ’s cynical brand of “identity politics” became clear. As presidential historian Robert Dallek recounts, LBJ explained his decision to a staff member by saying, “"Son, when I appoint a nig—r to the court, I want everyone to know he's a nig—r."
Quote:
Democrats like former Klansman Senator Robert C. Byrd and others launched a filibuster to kill the Civil Rights bill. The chances of stopping them seemed bleak. Never in the history of the United States Senate had members mustered enough votes to stop a filibuster (a procedure known as “cloture” that requires 67 votes to invoke) on a civil rights bill.
Quote:
Indeed, the closer one looks across the arc of black history, the more ironic it seems that voters would associate civil rights with the Democratic Party. Founded as the anti-slavery party, the Republican Party was responsible for winning passage of the 13th, 14th, and 15th Amendments, the Ku Klux Klan Act of 1871, the Reconstruction Acts, and the 1866, 1875, 1957 and 1960 Civil Rights Acts. In fact, had Democrats not overturned the 1875 Civil Rights Act, the strikingly similar 1964 Civil Rights Act might never have been necessary.

Myriad reasons are often cited for the rift between African American voters and the Republican Party. Some blame Richard Nixon’s so-called “Southern strategy.” Others cite the GOP’s presidential nomination of Barry Goldwater who opposed the Civil Rights Act of 1964 on philosophical grounds of federal overreach. And still others point to a radicalized professoriate as the source of some Americans’ historical amnesia.

Whatever the case, this Black History Month, voters would do well to reexamine the historical record. What they learn just might surprise them

You need to do some research out of the box. Wake up and know the truth about the Domcratic party. Now that I have answered your questions, and provided EVIDENCE of how the Democrats have not done anyting meaningful for Blacks in the last 100 years, please show me how they have with EVIDENCE and links to prove it. PLease begin by showing me how Democrats running the major cities of Detroit, Los Angeles, New York, Chicago, and DC for the last 30 to 40 years have made one bit of difference in helping Blacks since they still remain mired in poverty, violence, poor education and NO OPPORTUNITIES for economic and social upward mobility. And please no anectadotal evidence. Show EVIDENCE with reliable links, not wikipedia, but accepted historical research in government, newspapers, and other PRIMARY sources. The proof is in the eating of the pudding and all I have seen from the Progressives for the last 100 years is chicanery, political doublespeak and government programs thatactuallky harm Blacks, not help them But show me here...I'll wait.

Thank you.

Last edited by brien51; 01-24-2011 at 09:40 AM..

Old 01-24-2011, 09:23 AM

6,902 posts, read 7,537,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brien51 View Post
You just don't get it here.

First I never wrote "civil rights" didn't help Blacks. SHow me where I wrote that please. You can't b/c I didn't write this YOU DID.
This is a FLAT OUT LIE. I never claimed you made that statement nor did I. If your going to take a week to reply to me, make sure you quote what I actually said instead of LYING.
I wrote that politicians in the entire 20th century has either used Blacks for their own advantage, or they simply voted against civil rights, as the Democrats did up until 1965. I provide proof in a link(s) in case you missed them. I show the Democrats voting record. After 1965 I showed you how LBJ and the Great Society has done more to harm Blacks than to help them. I provided evidene and a link to show you this as well. You call my research rants to attack me personally because you have no reasonable rebuttal. Once you attack me personally, I know you have lost this debate because you are out of evidence, if you ever provided any. You did provide anectadotal statements which don't mean a thing here.

No need to attack or debate of someone who is bias. You have YET to back up your previous statement and yet here you are not only making more, but LYING on top.
It has been stated on these boards time and time again with links showing the Democrat party pre-Civil Rights are not the Democrat party of today, but you choose to continue playing the bias and cluess rewriting of history, its hilarious that you would want me to refurte YOU and the AUTHORS Opinion. I will stick to the facts as history has dictated, Thank You .
Historical research and historical proof doesn't deal in anectadotes. My friends of all color believe that the US government has ruined the lives of many people, not just Blacks. We have historical evidence on our side as I have shown in this thread time and time again.

Oh boy, the Ole' the Goverment made me do it complaint. Which is it, Civil Rights didn't help blacks or Government as a whole is bad for everyone including blacks. In that case why do we need politicians?
I don't see how you can say I don't supply facts. I showed you how before the Great Society the Black family was 70% whole and intact. Today it is 30% and is directly related to the welfare system designed by LBJ. I provided evidence of this.

You didn't supply the facts on your embellishments. No matter how you attempt to talk around it by including the same tired old links the FACT still remains, you provided nothing.

The Democrats just love to point to the 60's as the saviour of the Blacks. In FACT LBJ was a racist as they come. His own chauffer, Mr Parker, in his atuobiogrphy proved it. LBJ admitted he used the Blacks only to get elected in 1964.

You need to do some research out of the box. Wake up and know the truth about the Domcratic party.
Oh dear lawd you came back with the same load of crap. Maybe you need to go back and not only re-read what you actually wrote to begin with, but DON'T LIE about what I actually stated. I did NOT say you made the claim Civil Rights did not help blacks.

Here let me help you with the statment you made that as of today's date you have YET provide the FACTS to back up the BS claim.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brien51 View Post
The fact that Blacks could support the TP just goes sideways up the rear ends of Progressives because it has been the Progressive over the last 100 years that have, through government policies disguished as "Civil Rights" have done more harm to the Blacks than any other political group in US history.

Now you come back with yet another claim but nothing to back it up. So I'm going to repost my questions again.

Quote:
Historical research and historical proof doesn't deal in anectadotes. My friends of all color believe that the US government has ruined the lives of many people, not just Blacks. We have historical evidence on our side as I have shown in this thread time and time again.
1. How many blacks have you spoken too that complained that Civil Rights have negatively impacted their lives?
2. How many blacks who were around during the birth of the Civil Rights era have you spoken too that complained that the passage of Civil Rights have negatively impacted their lives?
3. How many blacks have you spoken too that can name one Civil Right policy that they have benefited from and believe is no longer required because it have negatively impacted their life?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies