Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-21-2011, 09:09 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,921,017 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavaturaccioli View Post
Now THAT is both sad and funny. Kinda like being the undisputed best ballerina in Poughkeepsie.
Man, you're on fire tonight!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2011, 09:10 PM

4,458 posts, read 4,189,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
Olberman's show was MSNBC's highest rated show.
What a sad statement for MSNBC.

Old 01-21-2011, 09:10 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,038,283 times
Quote:
Now THAT is both sad and funny. Kinda like being the undisputed best ballerina in Poughkeepsie.
Couldn't rep you, but that is damn funny!

Old 01-21-2011, 09:11 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,763,711 times
Quote:
I'm not into ballet, so I have no idea what you are talking about.

Old 01-21-2011, 09:12 PM

6,125 posts, read 7,469,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
Olberman's show was MSNBC's highest rated show.
Which was beat each week by (you guessed it) all the FOX shows.

Old 01-21-2011, 09:13 PM

9,887 posts, read 10,815,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perlier View Post
I am seeing MSNBC as miserable puppets to corporatists at this point. I would indeed lash out at them. And comcast. I find it disturbing that within less than a week after the deal is sealed Olbermann is fired! No, I don't think that is a coincidence.

As someone else posted earlier, Olbermann is responsible for MSNBC's rise in ratings after they became a place for liberal voices to be heard. You can leave out that inflammatory label of "far left fringe".........that's not true. MSNBC provided a place for people who are more liberal. It was an open market. Olbermann's loyal fans are human beings, they do think, and they do choose what to watch on TV......they are not a non-issue. I think that it was because Olbermann was so very effective as a liberal voice that he was silenced. Comcast and MSNBC.
not true .....who is farther left than the hosts of msnbc and their regular guest's such as Michael Moore.....Please. Of course it is not a coincidence, comcast probably would like to compete for ratings just like everyone else in the industry except for NPR! Watch them start recruiting Conservative hosts.

Old 01-21-2011, 09:14 PM

7,211 posts, read 9,427,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUEGRITT View Post
What a sad statement for MSNBC.
The median age of Faux News viewers is 65. They have nothing better to do, nor the energy, other than to sit in front of a TV all day..

13,900 posts, read 9,763,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highcotton View Post
Which was beat each week by (you guessed it) all the FOX shows.
The Jersey Shore gets better ratings than Glenn Beck and Hannity.

41,325 posts, read 44,921,017 times
Quote:
I am seeing MSNBC as miserable puppets to corporatists at this point. I would indeed lash out at them. And comcast. I find it disturbing that within less than a week after the deal is sealed Olbermann is fired! No, I don't think that is a coincidence.

As someone else posted earlier, Olbermann is responsible for MSNBC's rise in ratings after they became a place for liberal voices to be heard. You can leave out that inflammatory label of "far left fringe".........that's not true. MSNBC provided a place for people who are more liberal. It was an open market. Olbermann's loyal fans are human beings, they do think, and they do choose what to watch on TV......they are not a non-issue. I think that it was because Olbermann was so very effective as a liberal voice that he was silenced. Comcast and MSNBC.
When I say far left fringe, I mean the about 10-15% of that 20% of liberals that are a segment of society. No, he inflamed, constantly, every night. He had an unhealthy obsession with his nemesis Fox news, he was childish, immature and and egomaniac, who alienated staff and NBC bigwigs.

Keith Olbermann Quits MSNBC

Quote:
A knowledgeable official said the move had nothing to do with Comcast taking control of NBC next week, although the cable giant was informed when it received final federal approval for the purchase that Olbermann would be leaving the cable channel.
Apparently his little war with NBC executives over his campaign contribution set this up.

Quote:
But he was a polarizing presence, and several NBC veterans, including Tom Brokaw, complained to network management that he was damaging MSNBC’s reputation for independence.

At a meeting with Olbermann’s representatives last September, NBC Chief Executive Jeff Zucker and NBC News President Steve Capus said some of their client’s behavior was unacceptable and had to stop.
His arrogance and ego knew no bounds and obviously he wasn't important enough to put up with that kind of behavior any longer.

Just last week, he got into a flame war on twitter. He also had lovely things to say about Fox.

Old 01-21-2011, 09:15 PM

4,458 posts, read 4,189,528 times
Quote:
Why not be mad at MSNBC for selling to Comcast? It seems to me that this is their making and must have had a very good reason for selling. I am guessing they were losing money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies