Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2011, 08:56 PM

46,267 posts, read 27,088,282 times

Advertisements

What ever, I mean, in 7 months....July 2010 thru January 2011 he spent 1 trillion......

National Debt Up $1 Trillion in Seven Months. That's $10,000 per Household!!!

(I'm joking really......what a few more......)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2011, 08:58 PM

5,546 posts, read 9,997,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Maybe I and other taxpayers want to choose where we invest instead of our children and granchildren being saddled with Obama's bad choices. It is one thinng if I choose to buy treasuries , state or municiple bonds. It is quite another when the government just reaches thier hand in my pocket, or that of the next generation, and takes it as it pleases.
Ditto with the wars I have not wanted to pay for.

Old 01-22-2011, 10:24 PM

2,476 posts, read 2,603,398 times
He keeps on digging...

Old 01-22-2011, 10:32 PM

8,949 posts, read 12,134,556 times
Amazing how silent these budget hawks were when they gave the wealthiest Americans a continued tax break that increased the debt another 700 Billion...

Don't be fooled. They're not against spending... They're against Obama. Anything he does will be painted negatively.

For the record, I'm all for spending on infrastructure and education. Slash them military budget and raise taxes on those making over $250,000 a year. (That's $250,000 profit for small business-- So don't give me this baloney about jobs! Profit comes AFTER employees are paid...)

Old 01-22-2011, 10:42 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,937,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
Amazing how silent these budget hawks were when they gave the wealthiest Americans a continued tax break that increased the debt another 700 Billion...
Amazing how those who were once wailing about a $160 Billion deficit have no problem now with a $1.5 TRILLION deficit and $1 TRILLION deficits as far as the eye can see.

Old 01-22-2011, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Amazing how those who were once wailing about a $160 Billion deficit have no problem now with a $1.5 TRILLION deficit and $1 TRILLION deficits as far as the eye can see.
So if you have such a problem with the deficit, why did you support the continuation of the tax cuts for the wealthiest Americans?

I love when right wingers try to cover for their obvious hypocrisy by accusing others of inconsistency.

Old 01-22-2011, 10:53 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,937,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
So if you have such a problem with the deficit, why did you support the continuation of the tax cuts for the wealthiest Americans?

I love when right wingers try to cover for their obvious hypocrisy by accusing others of inconsistency.
The tax rate extension doesn't cost a DIME, not one dime, unless you believe that money belongs to the government.

See, the day after obama signed the bill into law, the debt/deficit was just the same as the day before.

That was the status quo for 7 years and it doesn't cost one red cent to extend it.

What about the $161 Billion deficit compared to the $1.5 trillion deficit? Trillions are a-ok, but billions are something to rage about?

Old 01-22-2011, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
The tax rate extension doesn't cost a DIME, not one dime, unless you believe that money belongs to the government.

See, the day after obama signed the bill into law, the debt/deficit was just the same as the day before.

That was the status quo for 7 years and it doesn't cost one red cent to extend it.

What about the $161 Billion deficit compared to the $1.5 trillion deficit? Trillions are a-ok, but billions are something to rage about?
I don't rage about anything. I prefer mature discourse to faux outrage.

I don't understand your answer. By keeping the tax rate on the richest American's inappropriately low the government doesn't receive revenue that it should. If the tax rates were at the same levels they were pre-Reagan, the government would be taking in a lot more revenue and the deficit and debt would both be less...

Yes, spending needs to be better managed. It's both a revenue side and spending problem.

You're not serious about deficit reduction and debt reduction unless you acknowledge that the post-Reagan era tax rates are too low.

Old 01-22-2011, 11:09 PM

38,643 posts, read 26,371,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistygrl092 View Post
Ditto with the wars I have not wanted to pay for.
Now you know how the rest of us feel about turtle bridges.

Democrats have had four years to defund the wars and two years to accelerate the Bush withdrawal plan per BO's campaign promise.

In fact, last I heard BO had no real plan for withdrawal from Afghanistan, no definition of victory, no way to tell when it was achieved and no explanation for why we are still there.

Old 01-22-2011, 11:32 PM

7,501 posts, read 5,749,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistygrl092 View Post
Hey, as long as he does not ask for additional troops or more money for wars, etc, I don't mind this at all. If it's for Americans at home, I'm all for it. Think of us as an "investment."
ROTFLMAO!! Your be sarcastic right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies