Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2011, 08:21 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,187,569 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by subsound View Post
Dumb*** Quote of the Day : Dispatches from the Culture Wars

If you can't beat them, just suppress their rights till they can't fight back any more.

I remember a couple of decades ago how that was used to eliminate dissent...
If liberals can not win in the arena of ideas, then they will try to win by suppression of rights.

Example: Who is in favor of the government regulating the internet? Probably a small miniority. Liberals know this. So instead of trying to persuade people through dialogue (which they can't because their stance has no common sense merit), they try to use the FCC to regulate the internet. The court says that the FCC can't do this - who cares - liberals want to control internet content. When people see the large government machine wielding its power, people tend to have less heart to stand up for their rights.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2011, 08:23 AM

73,012 posts, read 62,607,656 times
One of Rush Limbaugh's quotes was "Take that bone out of your nose and call me back". He said this to an African-American caller during a Top 40 music program under the name Jeff Christie. Here is the proof in this link: Conservative Radio Host Rush Limbaugh - TIME

Another quote by Rush: "Socks is the White House cat. But did you know there is also a White House dog?", referring to a picture of then 13 year-old Chelsea Clinton. He basically called Bill Clinton's daughter a dog.

Read more: Conservative Radio Host Rush Limbaugh - TIME

I find it very hypocritical of Rush Limbaugh to suggest that liberals have their freedom of speech taken away as a way to "get rid of the hate", when Rush himself is shouting hate from the airwaves. He also has shouted racist comments from the airwaves.

Other things Rush has said: Top 10 Rush Limbaugh Racist Quotes | News One

Other sources: http://www.fair.org/index.php?page=2549
http://www.williamkwolfrum.com/2007/...unday-reading/
http://www.cbssports.com/print/columns/story/9947327
http://www.fair.org/index.php?page=2549
http://newsone.com/nation/cganemccal...bamas-america/
http://mediamatters.org/mmtv/200907220040

Last edited by green_mariner; 01-25-2011 at 08:35 AM..

Old 01-25-2011, 08:29 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,222,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
This is your point?
OK getting rid of him would reduce the hate the right has for the left..
No becasue the left would just target someone else to hate that the point.

Old 01-25-2011, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate_lafitte View Post
One of Rush Limbaugh's quotes was "Take that bone out of your nose and call me back". He said this to an African-American caller during a Top 40 music program under the name Jeff Christie. Here is the proof in this link: Conservative Radio Host Rush Limbaugh - TIME

Another quote by Rush: "Socks is the White House cat. But did you know there is also a White House dog?", referring to a picture of then 13 year-old Chelsea Clinton. He basically called Bill Clinton's daughter a dog.

I find it very hypocritical of Rush Limbaugh to suggest that liberals have their freedom of speech taken away as a way to "get rid of the hate", when Rush himself is shouting hate from the airwaves. He also has shouted racist comments from the airwaves.

Getting rid of Rush woudl not chaneg the hate

Old 01-25-2011, 08:39 AM

Quote:

Other sources: Limbaugh: A Color Man Who Has a Problem With Color?
Rush Limbaugh gets his racism on; other Sunday reading « Life And Such « William K. Wolfrum Chronicles
Hey Rush, when it comes to sports ... shhh! - CBSSports.com
Limbaugh: A Color Man Who Has a Problem With Color?
UPDATE: Limbaugh Says We Need Segregated Buses | News One
Limbaugh: "Obama's entire economic program is reparations" | Media Matters for America
Rush is not a racist. He is an equal opportunity offender of anyone (mainly in leadership) who is liberal. You just pick out the black leaders and say he is racist. You can find the same type of material regarding Clinton, Biden, etc.

Old 01-25-2011, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
Getting rid of Rush woudl not chaneg the hate
Good point as well. We still have other hateful persons out there such as Ann Coulter, Khalid Muhammad, King Samir Shabazz, Sean Hannity,etc and others out there.

Old 01-25-2011, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Good point as well. We still have other hateful persons out there such as Ann Coulter, Khalid Muhammad, King Samir Shabazz, Sean Hannity,etc and others out there.
namcy pelosi, harry , President Obama , sherriff Dupnick , Olberman, maddow

Old 01-25-2011, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Rush is not a racist. He is an equal opportunity offender of anyone (mainly in leadership) who is liberal. You just pick out the black leaders and say he is racist. You can find the same type of material regarding Clinton, Biden, etc.
If he isn't racist, then how do you explain "take the bone out of your nose"? How do you explain "Look, let me put it to you this way: the NFL all too often looks like a game between the Bloods and the Crips without any weapons," Limbaugh stated. "There, I said it."? Please explain that. Sounds racist to me.

Old 01-25-2011, 08:51 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,312,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post

If he isn't a racist he would be attacking a black person for their liberal ideas, just like he attacks white liberals on their ideas---avoid of any color references. Racial slurs don't come out of the mouths of people who aren't racists.

Old 01-25-2011, 09:02 AM

Quote:
If he isn't racist, then how do you explain "take the bone out of your nose"? How do you explain "Look, let me put it to you this way: the NFL all too often looks like a game between the Bloods and the Crips without any weapons," Limbaugh stated. "There, I said it."? Please explain that. Sounds racist to me.
I don't understand the bone statement - do black people have bones in their noses?

Blood and crips? Probably a reference to the NFL allowing teams to have alternate uniforms of black which makes them look like gang members. It does allow their uniforms to be more marketable to that demographic.

It's easy to post some words without understanding the context and claim racism or hate. I'm sure I could do the same with Maher or Olbermann or Matthews - all who have wished harm on Rush. Is that OK because he's white?

It's all protected speech.

Go back to the OP. Liberals can't persuade people how to speak and what to say - so they will regulate it with the Fairness Doctrine or Campaign Finance Reform (while it was in existence). For 8 years, hate speech was fine with regards to Bush. Now, it's a problem - and because they can't control it, they want to regulate it.

Clinton regarding Obama a couple of years ago - "A year and a half ago, he would have been getting us coffee."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies