Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-01-2011, 03:58 PM

2,549 posts, read 2,722,455 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
Weun's ain't 'avin a problem for the way I spelt 'candidates" is we?

You ever read Cpt William Clarks rytin and reedin's? Of Lewis and Clark
I have not read it. And good sir, I was not trying to be funny. I have a supervisor who constantly says "Oh kee doh kee" (pardon my attempt at phonetics) and I have some what disturbingly taken to it myself.

Respectfully!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2011, 04:04 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,961,276 times
I wuz jus checkin

You heard Lewis and Clark right? I sure hope so. With out them maybe you would never have come to own any 45/70. What kind is it anyway.

Break that news real easy so I don't begin to chew off my own arm ok ?

I am hoping you don't say Sharps or something that will start me knawwin to fast.. Even a re pro Sharps is over a grand note now.

Old 02-01-2011, 04:05 PM

2,549 posts, read 2,722,455 times
Quote:
Oh I buy into the "We Shed Blood drama"

We did. I have had a relitives in all North American Battles some before the Rev War. Sometimes on both sides like the Civil War, and All other war's, police actions, and what ever....

I got relitives that bled in Euro then not for almost 200 years, and then did again. We did shed blood our own as well as the enemy. My son is shedding other peoples blood today in the sand, I hope he sheds none of his own.

Give up my guns? To ask me for that is preposterous, and no one has.
Each year, more laws are passed, some requested / desired by the masses and some not, and more freedom is lost. And the day when that question is asked of us, if "asked" at all, is in the foreseeable future. As the late Joe Strummer of the Clash noted..."When they kick down your front door, how you gonna come? With your hands on your head or on the trigger of your gun?"

Revolution anyone?

Old 02-01-2011, 04:19 PM

For almost all my 59 years anti grabbers have been at it and about now the tide is turning, and they are loosing bigger hunks of the legal pie than they have in many years.

I for one don't expect to stop hearing that whine, but the courts don't care and are slowing making it legal or more legal in places like Washinton DC.

Let them whine. In 05 i with my wife on a motorcycle and my NH permit honored in 18 states went thru 40 states. It's just too bad.

The Feds say since I am legal where i am, that I can travell so long as I will be legal where i end up. It was a round trip... Not to hard to figure it was legal see?

If the whiners want to come try and take my guns and bleed a little for it then, that's there bee's wax not mine. My bee's wax is defending the CONS and my self. It's just that simple.

The Feds did not give us the Right, a higher power did. No man can give that right or take it.

The Feds simply wrote it down.

Way I got it figured is if some enforcer comes he had better be making a verbal request and he had better be un-armed.

He is a mortal man just like me, and will be a hypocrite IF he is armed.

He is as free to try the test over the Right as me, which means one of us won't get to eat dinner at home that night.

The RIGHT gives us the Freedom to defend ourselves from the enemy domestic or foreign, and to stand in my door yard demanding I give up a Right in the Cons IMO is an act of treason and that requested enforcer had best think this over more than twice before asking .

I do tend to be a little old school about some things. If he refuses to leave i will call the cops and have him removed, if he offers a lethal threat well then we'll just test the law.

It will have not been me to start the violence.

Old 02-01-2011, 05:32 PM

23,864 posts, read 24,105,148 times
Quote:
RCCCB is saying that the state of vermont is a state that with a Vt drivers lic, a resident can buy abd carry a concealed weap0on with not one other paper document ot any tax or fee.

This is the only state that does this
Alaska also doesn't issue a permit - anybody that can legally own a gun can carry concealed. Arizona also just dropped their permit requirement.

Quote:
Metlakatia, I am not so sure ccw and carry is legal in every single of the lower 48, but i won't say that I know for sure what is legal in all 48 states.
Illinois and Wisconsin are the only two states that DO NOT issue CCW permits. All other states at least have a mechanism in place to issue them, but in some (e.g. California) it's virtually impossible to actually get.

Old 02-01-2011, 05:47 PM

23,864 posts, read 24,105,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
I rode a motorcycle for years everyday on the 405, from Reseda to Long Beach and back.
Venice (Mar Vista) to Sherman Oaks for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
To this day, 20 years later, I am convinced that the only reason I survived was because I drove like I was invisible, and every vehicle on the road was out to get me.
That's EXACTLY why you're alive today. You MUST ride like that, or you'll end up dead.

Old 02-01-2011, 06:08 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,194,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsm113 View Post
I realize the second amendment guarantees our right to own a gun.
I am neither pro- or against-gun control. However this weekend I received an advertisement with the newspaper from a local sporting goods store. The multi-page magazine style ad focused on guns and many of the items made me ask the question "why would someone need this?"
The one that sticks out the most was a gattling gun replica which can shoot some crazy number of rounds per minute.
I understand people like to go hunting but you don't need pistols for that. Perhaps you would need a pistol to defend against a home invasion, but if you outlaw guns that becomes less of an issue.

I guess the main question is why do we need to have the right to own a gun?

1st, the right to protect myself and my family from crooks or a tyrannical goverment is my right.

2nd. even though someone else might use a pistol against an intruder in their home, I prefer a HK91 in 7.62mm with a 20 round magazine.

3rd. the 2nd Amendment has nothing to do at all with hunting, when will people learn this.

Old 02-01-2011, 07:01 PM

Thanks Swagger. So far as i know Mass and NY are tough cookies to crack too. Getting a permit there isn't any fun and is very expensive.

Old 03-04-2011, 10:07 PM

294 posts, read 351,338 times
The need for guns for myself, goes back to some tough times in LA (80s or 90s, I forget because I like alcohol), when there were riots and the police were overwhelmed. Large crowds of rioters were repelled by a small number of store owners armed with weapons,from taking everything in their store. If they were depending on the police, during mob rule, they'd have lost everything.

Old 03-05-2011, 06:47 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,441,352 times
Lightbulb Why do we need guns exactly?

For the same reason you should have a spare tire in your vehicle. Just in case.

I was a Boy Scout once upon a time. "Be prepared."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies