Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-26-2011, 09:52 AM

74 posts, read 149,596 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
Your first sentence makes sense. Your second one, not so much...

BTW, how did he get Bayner from Boehner?? The name is German and there is no mistaking how is should be pronounced.
In low German, "oe" is pronounced like a long "a." For example, Goethe is prounounced almost like Gaytee.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2011, 10:14 AM

3,867 posts, read 4,078,604 times
Forgot that was on.........doesn't matter!

Old 01-26-2011, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
Reagan was a leader.

Reagan is often mention as one of the best ever.

Even the lowly Obama studies Reagan on how to be a real man.

Obama could not carry Reagans jock without screwing it up.

When Reagan talked people listened on both sides and around the world.
Reagan made you feel proud to be an American. Obama makes you feel proud if you didn't vote for him.

Old 01-26-2011, 10:46 AM

11,486 posts, read 15,304,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patsfan20 View Post
Reagan made you feel proud to be an American. Obama makes you feel proud if you didn't vote for him.

He sure did.

In my lifetime I believe at this point he is the only person who could step in a lead us out of this mess we are in.

I cannot think of anyone else with the leadership abilities, skill and personality like he had to lead like he did.

Reagan made America strong, he made our enemies fear us and kicked butt and took names to those who tried to destroy America from outside or within.

Under him if you wanted a job and wanted to EARN YOUR OWN KEEP then you could find a job or two easily.

Lazy butted welfare people hated him because he demanded people EARN their keep and do their share.

He is rolling over in his grave watching this idiot in the WH cheapen the office and our country.

Old 01-26-2011, 10:55 AM

6,993 posts, read 6,336,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbehs View Post
In low German, "oe" is pronounced like a long "a." For example, Goethe is prounounced almost like Gaytee.
Makes sense - thanks!

Old 01-26-2011, 10:58 AM

4,209 posts, read 3,588,873 times
Quote:
He sure did.

In my lifetime I believe at this point he is the only person who could step in a lead us out of this mess we are in.

I cannot think of anyone else with the leadership abilities, skill and personality like he had to lead like he did.

Reagan made America strong, he made our enemies fear us and kicked butt and took names to those who tried to destroy America from outside or within.

Under him if you wanted a job and wanted to EARN YOUR OWN KEEP then you could find a job or two easily.

Lazy butted welfare people hated him because he demanded people EARN their keep and do their share.

He is rolling over in his grave watching this idiot in the WH cheapen the office and our country.
VERY well said and I agree 100% with everything!

Old 01-26-2011, 10:58 AM

8,954 posts, read 20,677,986 times
Empty Promises...........

Empty Promises: 5 Reasons Why Barack Obama’s State Of The Union Address Was Completely Wrong About The Economy

Old 01-26-2011, 11:11 AM

Quote:
He sure did.

100% correct! Especially about the lazy @sses!

Old 01-26-2011, 11:16 AM

45,579 posts, read 27,172,269 times
I did not watch the speech - I usually read them at my own pace later.

Obama’s Second State of the Union (Text)

At stake is whether new jobs and industries take root in this country, or somewhere else. It's whether the hard work and industry of our people is rewarded. It's whether we sustain the leadership that has made America not just a place on a map, but the light to the world.

Why are these things "at stake"? Why are they not things we will do?

And why does he include the possibility of jobs taking root "somewhere else"? For some reason, the drilling moratorium pops into my head on that thought.

----------------------------

Thanks to the tax cuts we passed, Americans' paychecks are a little bigger today.

The only tax cuts was 2% off of the SS Payroll tax. Everything else is status quo. No new tax cuts were made. And the 2% is being swallowed up by 5%-10% rise of basic necessities - so, yes, paychecks are bigger, but purchasing power is smaller.

--------------------------------

Just recently, China became the home to the world's largest private solar research facility, and the world's fastest computer.

That used to be America.

-----------------------------

Meanwhile, nations like China and India realized that with some changes of their own, they could compete in this new world. And so they started educating their children earlier and longer, with greater emphasis on math and science.

Don't run by the "earlier and longer" - he is interested in indoctrinating - uhm, I mean, educating our kids for a larger span of their life.

----------------------------

Remember -– for all the hits we've taken these last few years, for all the naysayers predicting our decline, America still has the largest, most prosperous economy in the world. (Applause.) No workers -- no workers are more productive than ours. No country has more successful companies, or grants more patents to inventors and entrepreneurs.

OK, the football game is in the second half - we were leading 31-7 and now it's 31-28 and they have the ball. We should be happy about this?

Old 01-26-2011, 11:16 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,937,590 times
Quote:
Yes, Sputnik moment. Are you smacking your head because you didn't understand what he meant, or because you don't agree with the concept that the success of Russia's Sputnik satellite is what lit the fire under our azzes to surpass them in technology that spurned thousands of innovations, and now we must use China's success in alternative energy technology to light a new fire?
Imagine that! And then obama goes and GUTS NASA back to the moon program last year.

CNN Fact Check: Paying for that 'Sputnik moment' - CNN.com

Just a bunch of recycled, failed ideas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies