Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2011, 02:47 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,765,477 times

Advertisements

There's nothing Holy about war.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2011, 03:03 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,804,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
I know of the 1973 Oil Embargo/Crisis when the members of Organization of Arab Petroleum Exporting Countries or the OAPEC (consisting of the Arab members of OPEC, plus Egypt, Syria and Tunisia) proclaimed an oil embargo "in response to the U.S. decision to re-supply the Israeli military" during the Yom Kippur war that lasted until March 1974.
Meddling by US government in the middle east goes way farther back than that. What you're talking here is continuation of something that started more than a half century before that time.

Old 01-26-2011, 03:14 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,323,715 times
I don't know what's going to happen, but I got a little thrill up my leg when I read this story. Gibbs on Mubarak:

When asked whether the US supports Mubarak in Egypt, Gibbs instead declared support for Egypt and support for universal rights. Doesn't this administration remember what happened to Carter and Iran? The Muslim Brotherhood is restlessly waiting in the wings to grab power in Egypt. Is this administration prepared to see the loss of the Suez Canal and Israel again threatened by Egypt?

Old 01-26-2011, 03:17 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,804,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
I don't know what's going to happen, but I got a little thrill up my leg when I read this story. Gibbs on Mubarak:

When asked whether the US supports Mubarak in Egypt, Gibbs instead declared support for Egypt and support for universal rights. Doesn't this administration remember what happened to Carter and Iran? The Muslim Brotherhood is restlessly waiting in the wings to grab power in Egypt. Is this administration prepared to see the loss of the Suez Canal and Israel again threatened by Egypt?
I'm glad not all administrations are sold on the idea that they must comply unconditionally with Israel, regardless of threats of consequences.

Old 01-27-2011, 12:03 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,591,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post

Iran is helping to recreate Persia and control all the middle Eastern oil.

How do you think they will choke us.

Remember the heritage of who you speak. It is all about revenge when you talk anything Muslim.

Old 01-27-2011, 12:07 AM

5 posts, read 4,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Are we going to be brought into a holy war in the middle east??

Why are we getting farther and farther involved in Yemen?
Why are we heavily arming the Saudi's.

Is the kingdom of Persia, going to reemerge?

Ever since Mohammad was poisoned, 1354 years ago, there has been a fight over who is the real Muslim people.

Is Iran posing itself to shut off Saudi oil to the rest of the world?

Will we see $200-$300-$400 a barrel oil if a major war breaks out in the Middle East?

Are we being drawn in as we speak?
Well, it is documented the Arab Emeritus and Saudi Arabia just spent a fortune on defense and weapons.
It is also documented we are in Yemen and also on high alert protecting the Bab el-Mandeb straight, from the Gulf of Aden.
Along with the Gulf of Oman, protecting the Straights of Hormuz.

Will Iran, getting the ability to launch nuclear weapons on Israel, be the signal for the war to start?

Sunni's and Shia's, are fixing to lock horns. Not today, maybe not tomorrow or next week, but Iran getting nuclear is going to be very significant in a holy war unlike ever seen in the world.
HI dear me joining newly and want to say that the holy war in the middle east is being started due to the fact that we are going far from the lesson's of our holy Prophet and holy book. If we act upon their advices and adopt their way of life we will never face like this kind of war...

Old 01-27-2011, 12:15 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,269,927 times
Bush said it was a holy war.

Old 01-27-2011, 12:22 AM

764 posts, read 1,556,918 times
When was the last time there wasnt a big issue brewing in the middle east?

Old 01-27-2011, 06:34 AM

5 posts, read 4,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christiene View Post
HI dear me joining newly and want to say that the holy war in the middle east is being started due to the fact that we are going far from the lesson's of our holy Prophet and holy book. If we act upon their advices and adopt their way of life we will never face like this kind of war...
Hellkes ringar

Old 01-27-2011, 06:38 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,313,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Face it people the thing that fuels the engine called the USA is oil.

If war breaks out over there over Shia and Sunni domination.

We in the USA could see the biggest depression ever known to a civilization. We will be scrambling to find reserves in other nations to suck off of and that still won't be enough.

$7-$10 a gallon, coming to a station near you.
Road Warriors, only in America.
Kinda gives "Snakeoil" a whole new meaning.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies