Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2011, 08:00 PM

1,535 posts, read 1,633,320 times

Advertisements

Since 1792 every man from the ages of 18 thru 45 are part of the militia for protection of the US even if they don't know it. Also along with that those men must be armed to maintain the protection of the US. So all those who call for gun control do not understand the orginal concept of manpower for the protection of the States and the United States.

State Assault Rifle Bans and Militia Clauses

Because Congress provides for the existence and self-arming of the unorganized militia, states are preempted from passing gun control measures that would prevent the unorganized militia from acquiring suitable arms that could be used by militia members who might be called into service.

In other words each male citizen is suppose to have a gun to fullfil his duty to the US military as and unorganized milita member, this is what congress will be going agianst if it tried to repeal the 2 nd admendment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2011, 09:28 PM

922 posts, read 1,908,230 times
It only took me one drink to read all these posts, cheap entertainment.
Jobee you seem fixated on stun guns. I know something about them and knife fighting. I challenge you as I have others in class. You have a stun gun on you, I have a knife. Being the bad guy I get to draw my knife first. Im just 10 feet away, GO! To late, I can stab you before you get it into play. IF you can draw it out, I do a sweeping motion and stab you in the ribs . And yes I can takeout a guy with a gun the same. Thats why we train AWARENESS, its not being paranoid. Next, draw your stun gun, Im 10 feet away, I have a club or bat (since bad guys cant get a gun) GO! oh sorry, I knock it out of your hand then break your head. Ask any police officer what he will draw if confronted by a bad guy with ANY sort of weapon in his hand. The officer carries a stun gun and a knife in his belt. hmm... Here's a hint... It goes BOOM!

Old 01-27-2011, 09:38 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,820,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobee View Post
Most civvies dont own guns, you are a minority.

They prove guns aint essential.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobee View Post
2 thirds dont want to, they are very cool, thats an awfull lot of cool people. Coolness will win, modern stunners are coming, you're sort can stun them, then kick them to death. You pay for the burial. Have i made your day?
where do you get this stat that 2/3rdsd of americans dont want guns? the reality is far different than what you suggest. and again with the stun guns, not a good weapon choice unless you are going up against an unarmed person. i would think that a trained paratrooper would know better.

Old 01-27-2011, 09:41 PM

922 posts, read 1,908,230 times
[quote=Metlakatla;17591049]No.

I am afraid that if I fall...SE Alaska is a huge peat bog, easy to fall in....no one will know where to look for me; I carry a pistol as a locator device.

A pistol as a locator device? Try a WHISTLE, the sound reaches farther. Loggers use them. You can blow out sos, 2shorts 2longs 2 shorts. repeat as breath allows. As for bears, It better be a BIG gun or you will just p... him off. Im not a big fan of bear spray; some say it works, sometimes. We have the same bear problem in NW montana. Its a tuff situation, mainly because many bears have lost there fear of humans. Afew guides I met in alaska carry a shotgun with slugs and such. It works better. There hard to conceal, but hell its alaska.

Old 01-27-2011, 09:44 PM

16,431 posts, read 22,189,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
Is there anything else that people use to kill other people with? Cars, fists, bats, rocks, arrows, boomarangs, plastic bags... let's ban everything because we can't be trusted to run our own lives and we are only as good as the lowest scumbag thug on the street.

I'll keep my guns thanks.
Interesting is that the original thugs from India used silk scarves to strangle their victims. Let's ban scarves, belts and wire while we're protecting society.

Old 01-28-2011, 06:38 AM

18,356 posts, read 26,481,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark6052 View Post

A pistol as a locator device? Try a WHISTLE, the sound reaches farther. Loggers use them. You can blow out sos, 2shorts 2longs 2 shorts. repeat as breath allows. As for bears, It better be a BIG gun or you will just p... him off. Im not a big fan of bear spray; some say it works, sometimes. We have the same bear problem in NW montana. Its a tuff situation, mainly because many bears have lost there fear of humans. Afew guides I met in alaska carry a shotgun with slugs and such. It works better. There hard to conceal, but hell its alaska.
The sound of a gun powerful enough for bears, will travel farther than a whistle. Three shots in quick succession is a widely understood and accepted signal of needing help, in the wild.

Old 01-28-2011, 08:13 AM

23,416 posts, read 36,983,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
where do you get this stat that 2/3rdsd of americans dont want guns? the reality is far different than what you suggest. and again with the stun guns, not a good weapon choice unless you are going up against an unarmed person. i would think that a trained paratrooper would know better.
Thats the thing, the OP is full of BS.

Old 01-28-2011, 09:27 AM

19,023 posts, read 25,955,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
The sound of a gun powerful enough for bears, will travel farther than a whistle. Three shots in quick succession is a widely understood and accepted signal of needing help, in the wild.
So is 3 blasts on a whistle. Whistles don't take up room or weigh much, and don't run out of ammo, which might need to be conserved for BEARS.

There is no such thing as a semi auto loader fit for grizz IMO, and maybe 3 handguns over all, that are. It won't do anyone a bit of good to fire 3 shots and find out loading the next 3 shots because a empty gun is no better than a rock, that you just clanged the dinner bell for bear.

IMO she needs both, and out of curiosity I'ld like to know what hand gun and what cal it is. The hand guns that work are pretty nasty to just shoot in the first place, and heavy to carry.

I know if it were me up there I would want both, and then to carry a spare set of skivvies too

Shooting bears coming to eat you, always seems to be real up close and very personal.

Old 01-28-2011, 09:31 AM

19,023 posts, read 25,955,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
This guy claims to be a military trained paratrooper? Probably it is more likely he fell on his head out of bed.

Old 01-28-2011, 10:44 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,783,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
So is 3 blasts on a whistle. Whistles don't take up room or weigh much, and don't run out of ammo, which might need to be conserved for BEARS.

There is no such thing as a semi auto loader fit for grizz IMO, and maybe 3 handguns over all, that are. It won't do anyone a bit of good to fire 3 shots and find out loading the next 3 shots because a empty gun is no better than a rock, that you just clanged the dinner bell for bear.

IMO she needs both, and out of curiosity I'ld like to know what hand gun and what cal it is. The hand guns that work are pretty nasty to just shoot in the first place, and heavy to carry.

I know if it were me up there I would want both, and then to carry a spare set of skivvies too

Shooting bears coming to eat you, always seems to be real up close and very personal.
I agree, you'd need both along with some bear-repellent. If you are hurt then blowing a whistle might be an issue. It'll be nearly impossible to stop a bear with hand gun except for a select couple (.50 eagle, 457mag, 44 automag maybe). Pretty much hand cannons as anything less would probably just PO the bear.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies