Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2011, 06:46 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,437,415 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigfoot424 View Post
I have no problem with this policy at all. Now I could care less if they changed their tune or not. I believe in marriage between man and woman but would never eat at or not eat at someplace because of this policy. Since some of you have decided to not eat there anymore I believe I'll go there tomorrow. But based on the business they seem to do I doubt this will hurt them one bit.
My point in not eating there (which I have stuck to for years, long before this article) is not because I think my lack of patronage will effect them, its about where I spend my money...Its a personal choice. I don't stand outside carrying a sign nor do I go out of the way to even discuss this place in day to day life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2011, 06:58 PM

6,233 posts, read 9,481,332 times
It's my policy not to allow politics to determine where I shop. I'm sorry, but I'm not giving up the chance to eat a chicken sandwich and waffle fries just because I agree or disagree with an opinion the owners have. And their peppermint chocolate chip milkshakes during the holidays are to die for! Their staff is courteous to a fault. And unlike McDonalds or Burger King, I don't feel sick after eating there.

Old 01-27-2011, 07:03 PM

7,727 posts, read 12,622,010 times
All these years I've been to Chick-Fil-A and I've never known it was Christian-owned family franchise with biblical standards and morals! I'll be investing my money there even more now! Thanks for the article OP!

Old 01-27-2011, 07:11 PM

472 posts, read 854,958 times
Tell you what, you boycott Chic-Fil-A because they are anti-gay marriage.

I'll continue to boycott Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream because they are pro-gay marriage.

Everyone wins :-)

Old 01-27-2011, 07:16 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,833,234 times
If a black man was selling a house for a dollar and you hated black people, would you still buy the house for a dollar?

Old 01-27-2011, 07:26 PM

3,127 posts, read 7,629,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
If a black man was selling a house for a dollar and you hated black people, would you still buy the house for a dollar?
Interesting way to look at it, but it would all depend on the condition of the house.

Old 01-27-2011, 07:26 PM

11,431 posts, read 19,000,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
Who is being mistreated here? how are they being mistreated? are they refusing to serve Homosexuals? Are you trying to force your beliefs upon others? why do they have to believe in your homosexuality?
That would be illegal in SOME states where Chik Fil A operates. I do believe that the owners are sincere that they welcome ALL people. I still say that businesses have a moral responsibility to donate to support ALL of their customers' views. It's just good business.

Old 01-27-2011, 07:28 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,670,280 times
The good news (for those of us who aren't anti-gay) is that the vast majority of large businesses are now very gay-friendly. Chick-Fil-A's policies are unusual.

Last edited by AnUnidentifiedMale; 01-27-2011 at 07:40 PM..

Old 01-27-2011, 07:29 PM

11,431 posts, read 19,000,893 times
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren
I guess you know very little of reality today, gay people have their own children all the time and I see no reason they shouldn't have their own children if that's the route they choose.

Another person who thinks gay people should NOT get married and children should not be born outside of wedlock??

I don't understand how you aren't at least ashamed of such bigotry on your part. Its one thing to feel such things but to broadcast your bigotry so openly and proudly is another.

oz in Sc opined:
You are quite bigoted.

How is she bigoted?

Old 01-27-2011, 07:37 PM

3,709 posts, read 4,628,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
I don't eat there now. I am not surprised this is their stance. I was aware that the company was run by someone who was very religious, it doesn't surprise me that his views would be against gay people.
"Against gay people" is not the same as "against gay marriage" or even "against homosexuality".

Gays have bias/bigotry against Christianity, but this does not mean that they have to be bigoted toward Christians (although this happens far, far too often).

One gay behavior that seems to predominate in public is that they love nuance, until confronted with it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies