Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-28-2011, 09:29 AM

3,849 posts, read 3,750,586 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettyboopster View Post
"Playing" with words, nope. Left one out= a gay "couple" has never had a child, never ever ever ever.
If you didn't catch the news, use Google. Elton John and David Furnish become parents | Music | guardian.co.uk
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2011, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
Nope they don't have to support anyone, they just have to serve their customers and thats the way it should be.
What would be illegal?
In some states (22 to be exact) it would be illegal to refuse to serve someone because of their sexual orientation.

Old 01-28-2011, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
No.

The homosexual lifestyle is not in the norm. Why do you think it was hidden in a closet for so long?
For the same reason too many are 'in the closet' now - because they know that if their neighbors know they're gay, they will be subjected to discrimination and even violence.
I'm sure you won't like this source, but read the article:
Christians Attempt To Burn Georgia Man Alive For Being Gay - The Gay Manifesto

Old 01-28-2011, 10:19 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,014,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
All this talk about CFA is making me hungry. I think I need to go patronize one for lunch. Anyone care to join me?

I was going to go to Chipotle, but thanks to a thread here on CD I can see how many illegals are employed at them and will no longer go there. And I think the CFA lines will be shorter since I can be pretty much assured that no gays will be eating there.

I never realized how much valuable information I get here, aside from the entertainment value!
What the cluck

It appears it was not a corporate decision - but a local
franchise decision. CEO, Dan Kathy "Let me be clear, Chick fil A serves all people, and values all people". That's good
enough for me

I've never had a Chick fil A - now I'm even curious to try one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjWRJOFTbYE
Even the lord gotta take a break from eating that good chicken breast

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfrAFKYc_Fw
You shouldn't worry about what they say, because they got nothing on Chick fil A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNqLEpNgcaE
Holy Cow

Old 01-28-2011, 10:21 AM

25,157 posts, read 53,929,154 times
All gay couples need to picket this place immediately.

Old 01-28-2011, 10:27 AM

12,436 posts, read 11,942,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
All gay couples need to picket this place immediately.
I don't think that would get the results that you desire.

Old 01-28-2011, 10:30 AM

270 posts, read 522,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMcQ LV View Post
That's right, it surely was the other guy who impregnated Elton John. Couldn't have been the other way around. Nah, Elton is definitely the "woman." lol

Old 01-28-2011, 10:32 AM

3,767 posts, read 4,527,643 times
Eat more Chick N!

Old 01-28-2011, 10:33 AM

499 posts, read 404,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
No.

The homosexual lifestyle is not in the norm. Why do you think it was hidden in a closet for so long?

I'm not saying that anyone should be oppressed. That's just wrong.

I was in Ulta with my wife last weekend. A flaming gay male employee comes prancing in, full makeup, the walk, the lisp, the sassy attitude. It made me slightly nautilus. I actually felt sorry for him.

It was just beyond the norm.
Because of the massive discrimination?

Old 01-28-2011, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booya View Post
Well, I actually appreciate the explanation and your view.
Traditional I guess is pretty accepted as an intact family with a man and a women raising a family. I don't see how that can be misconstrued into hating?
Now see, this (the bolded sentence) is what I can agree with. But it becomes a problem when others insist that this is the ONLY acceptable way for children to be raised.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies