Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-01-2011, 02:29 PM

3,644 posts, read 6,305,063 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
I wonder if those waffle fries are made from real potatoes? what do they do? Mash potatoes, add some preservatives and "secret spices" and then put the "solution" into a waffle machine? I would much prefer REAL potatoes.
The waffle fries are real potatos and they taste very good. If you go to CHick-Fil-A's online nutrition guide you will see the numbers are pretty good for fast food. Chick-Fil-A Nutrition Data I was there last night and thought the food tasted wonderful as always. I am happy to live in a town that actually has free-standing Chick-Fil-As and not just mall Chick-Fil-As. They seem to do really good business here too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2011, 02:38 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,044,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerbacon View Post
The waffle fries are real potatos and they taste very good. If you go to CHick-Fil-A's online nutrition guide you will see the numbers are pretty good for fast food. Chick-Fil-A Nutrition Data I was there last night and thought the food tasted wonderful as always. I am happy to live in a town that actually has free-standing Chick-Fil-As and not just mall Chick-Fil-As. They seem to do really good business here too.
Meh, I personally hate their waffle fries, not salty enough and not fried enough, but to each their own.

Old 02-01-2011, 03:38 PM

3,644 posts, read 6,305,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantasy Tokoro View Post
Meh, I personally hate their waffle fries, not salty enough and not fried enough, but to each their own.
I was going to do the bug-eyed smiley face because I think the yare salty but I looked up the nutricional info and you may be right. The large waffle fries only have 190 mg of sodium. That's a lot less than I expected. Still, I find them salty enough and I'm glad the sodium level isn't as high as I thought.
One thing I did find while looking at the nutrition info several months ago is that their lemonade has a LOT of sugar in it. I thought I was eating healthier by choosing that over a soft drink but I was wrong. They do have a lemonade with less sugar but I think I'd rather just drink water in that case.

Old 02-03-2011, 08:43 PM

774 posts, read 1,164,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mary54mi View Post
Ty
I Just love Chick Filet their staff are always courteous and helpfull. They are very efficient even when extremely busy. Their food is better than most fast food. You can tell they are a more down home cookin' kinda place. Who cares if they want to "put off" 2-4% the population. They can afford to. This is a free country last I checked. It's their business. They are family centered. Most families exist because of heterosexual behavior BTW, Yuck ycuk or should I say Cluck CLuck!
Bigotry - An enduring Family Value.
We all know, of course, that money is more important than people.

Old 02-03-2011, 08:59 PM

3,004 posts, read 3,886,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
I wonder how many gays donate to traditional family interests? Chick-Fil-A should stand by their values and I hope more will.
Exactly.

I'm just happy to see a company that has courage and conviction to stand by its principles. You don't see that much anymore in America, unfortunately.

Old 02-03-2011, 09:00 PM

3,004 posts, read 3,886,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SloRoller View Post
Just because someone doesn't agree with your worldview doesn't make them a bigot. Quit acting like a toddler.

"Nobody loves me
Everybody hates me
Sitting in the garden eating worms . . . "

Old 02-03-2011, 09:03 PM

277 posts, read 166,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
This mean I'm gonna tell ALL my friends to support Chic Fila!!!

Eat More chicken!!!!

I am sick of the homosexual strong arm attacks on organizations whose religious beliefs are against that life style!

Ever wonder why they close on Sundays?
yep, and I am sick of organizations, businesses, and don't forget legislators that use strong arm tactics to repress an entire population simply because they don't like their sex life.

Old 02-03-2011, 10:04 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,851,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SloRoller View Post
If money were more important than people to Chick-Fil-A they would be open on Sundays, they stand for something and just because you don't agree with it doesn't make anyone a bigot but it does make you ignorant for making that false claim.

You = fail.

Old 02-03-2011, 10:28 PM

1,692 posts, read 1,960,091 times
I really don't think you get it, Backspace. Think about it and then get back to us.

Old 02-03-2011, 10:35 PM

277 posts, read 166,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
If money were more important than people to Chick-Fil-A they would be open on Sundays, they stand for something and just because you don't agree with it doesn't make anyone a bigot but it does make you ignorant for making that false claim.

You = fail.
Well actually...
bigot: a person who is obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her opinions or prejudices, especially one who regards or treats the members of a group with hatred and intolerance
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies