Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2011, 07:00 PM

2,085 posts, read 2,461,901 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirdik View Post
Rep. James P. Moran Jr. (D-Va.) is once again drawing attention for making controversial
comments in an interview for an Arab television network.

"A lot of people in this country, I believe, don't want to be governed by an African American,
particularly one who is inclusive, who is liberal, who wants to spend money on everyone
and who wants to reach out to include everyone in our society"

Here's a link to the article.

Apparently that's what liberal representatives in Congress think of the American people.
What people forget is that he is just as much white as he is black. His skin color has nothing to do with our dislike for him. We would love him if he were more like Reagan, insead of a useless man, that he is now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2011, 07:11 PM

21,353 posts, read 8,419,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunks_galore View Post
This is pretty extreme, but this is an example of what you're asking for.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ik4f1dRbP8
There's no context to that video, so I'll dismiss it. 2-3 people don't even begin to register on the peoplemeter for labeling an entire group. Come on.

Old 01-28-2011, 07:13 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,532,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waianaegirl View Post
What people forget is that he is just as much white as he is black.
Like that makes any difference. It does not. What are the racists gonna do - say, "Oh, he's half white. That means he's half all right. Doesn't work that way........."

Quote:
His skin color has nothing to do with our dislike for him. We would love him if he were more like Reagan, insead of a useless man, that he is now.
That senile old actor?

Old 01-28-2011, 07:18 PM

21,353 posts, read 8,419,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
Thanks for a fairly civil and thoughtful response. I think it cuts both ways. We overpromised, and we underallocated. The creators of the Great Society programs did not foresee the demographic overhang we are up against, nor did the architects of the many sweetheart tax policies of the last three decades. I agree some red ink is fine. But I never hear a compromise posed here. It is always slash everything, never addressing it through simple subtraction and addition. The antigovernment hysteria seems to smell more of brainwashing than the my posts. Read a few.
But we can debate this on another thread-back to racism...or whatever folks are discussing..
I guarantee you, if we picked a team of 5-10 successful small business people and put them down in Washington for 1 year, to clean up the fiasco we call government, with the ability to slash departments, labor, and budgets as needed, we'd have our fiscal problems cured in short order. Any business minded person can see through the sloth and waste and has the sack to eliminate it and clean it up, so we have a smooth, efficient operation, which runs at at least AT budget or at a profit, and that assists the poor and truly needy (which everyone on the left and the right want) and encourages the entrepeneur. When that happens, the middle income folks have smooth sailing.

Old 01-31-2011, 01:21 PM

2,085 posts, read 2,461,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Like that makes any difference. It does not. What are the racists gonna do - say, "Oh, he's half white. That means he's half all right. Doesn't work that way........."

That senile old actor?
I won't answer they way I want to, I might get into trouble, but don't be so smug. Reagan was a great man that got rid of communisum in Germany, and Russia, and he actually cared for the American people. He bought the good times of this country, not tear it down as Obama has.
And as far as racist, please, give me a break. I don't care if we have another black guy as president, as long as he does his job.
Race is something that consumes you. Having a great president should be more of a concern to you.

Old 01-31-2011, 01:28 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,857,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirdik View Post
Rep. James P. Moran Jr. (D-Va.) is once again drawing attention for making controversial
comments in an interview for an Arab television network.

"A lot of people in this country, I believe, don't want to be governed by an African American,
particularly one who is inclusive, who is liberal, who wants to spend money on everyone
and who wants to reach out to include everyone in our society"

Here's a link to the article.

Apparently that's what liberal representatives in Congress think of the American people.
Some people do not care what color the skin of the person they are voting for has since they are evolved enough to know that it makes no difference.
Casper

Old 01-31-2011, 01:29 PM

9,129 posts, read 5,761,692 times
I'm hoping for another black president, or two.
There's nobody in the current group of potential
candidates that I like as much as Herman Cain.
After the Hermanator, Col Allen West can take over.

Old 01-31-2011, 01:41 PM

3,378 posts, read 3,694,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
It all sounds true to me. Not sure why it's controversial.
Interesting that Moron says this after the 2010 mid-terms. (when the dems got spanked)
What was he saying after the 2008 elections?
Sometimes it helps if you actually look at the big-picture, and not just a quote.

Old 01-31-2011, 01:48 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,532,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waianaegirl View Post
I won't answer they way I want to, I might get into trouble, but don't be so smug. Reagan was a great man that got rid of communisum in Germany, and Russia, and he actually cared for the American people. He bought the good times of this country, not tear it down as Obama has.
I see you have fallen for that neocon propaganda. Russia was going to hell on its own. Reagan didn't have a damn thing to do with it. Reagan's policies have set this country up for its destruction. He made hate and greed acceptable. He cared for the American people, all right - the American people who were rich and white. He didn't give a damn about most of us.

And I'm still waiting to see just how Obama has torn down this country.

Quote:
And as far as racist, please, give me a break. I don't care if we have another black guy as president, as long as he does his job.
Race is something that consumes you. Having a great president should be more of a concern to you.
Race consumes this country. I - and you - are just collateral damage.

Old 01-31-2011, 01:50 PM

3,378 posts, read 3,694,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
I see you have fallen for that neocon propaganda. Russia was going to hell on its own. Reagan didn't have a damn thing to do with it. Reagan's policies have set this country up for its destruction. He made hate and greed acceptable. He cared for the American people, all right - the American people who were rich and white. He didn't give a damn about most of us.

And I'm still waiting to see just how Obama has torn down this country.

Race consumes this country. I - and you - are just collateral damage.
so, race consumes the country? I guess that means you too.
Ironic, wouldn't you say?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies