Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2011, 04:57 PM

46,263 posts, read 27,085,436 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
In your effort to make some type of point, I have to ask again..."did you bother to read the previous posts or not"!!!

You are saying what you would not do..well, bully for you. My posts were in response to those who have already stated that they would have started shooting before an attack avtually begain and even while the attackers were retreating!!!...they also find some logic that because the white man was assaulted by blacks that his "white guilt" had been beat out. I guess they mean that to say that like them all black people will now be suspected as being thugs, robbers, and rppists.

Your scenario makes no sense, do you have any idea how many people in this country are killed or wounded by straw bullets fired by law abidding citizens, sorry but these people like myself can't outrun a bullet you fire in anger.
I DID READ IT!! What is so hard for you to understand....

Answer the question....If you were walking down a dark alley, and you seen a fight with a guy in the ground...and several people beating him up...would you just keep walking towards that? or would you just walk away from it?

Your right, I did say what I would do....and I will say that most people that have a concealed permit will just not start shooting...we can take the case in Arizona...the guy had a pistol....but did not just start shooting...

With your scenario, you are saying that SOME people will just start shooting....at anything that moves....and they have said that in this thread...but again, people that have concealed permits, are more trained than a person who "just has a gun."

Now you move to stray bullets (not straw), what is it...being shot at or stray bullets...and please inform us of how many per year are shot by stray bullets...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2011, 04:57 PM

3,807 posts, read 4,274,385 times
Quote:
In your effort to make some type of point, I have to ask again..."did you bother to read the previous posts or not"!!!

You are saying what you would not do..well, bully for you. My posts were in response to those who have already stated that they would have started shooting before an attack avtually begain and even while the attackers were retreating!!!...they also find some logic that because the white man was assaulted by blacks that his "white guilt" had been beat out. I guess they mean that to say that like them all black people will now be suspected as being thugs, robbers, and rppists.

Your scenario makes no sense, do you have any idea how many people in this country are killed or wounded by straw bullets fired by law abidding citizens, sorry but these people like myself can't outrun a bullet you fire in anger.
Without getting into specifics and arguements, generally speaking, if you wait to be attacked, you are already behind the power curve. Action is much quicker then reaction. In most states, and I cannot say which ones, that is every persons individual responsibility to find out, as long as you can articulate the facts, where great bodily injury or death is imminent, deadly force "can" be used; noticed the "CAN BE." I'm not saying its appropriate and/or proper. Every case is individual and needs to evaluated on its own. No one scenario or "what if," can cover everything.

Retreating? How do you know they are retreating? Because they are running away? Or are they running to get into a better position of advantage, over you, regroup and possibly rearm, then attack you? And your wife (or husband), and kids, the corner grocery store, then your dog.

You can play this game all day, all night, for the rest of your life.

Old 01-28-2011, 04:58 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,530,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCincorrect View Post
If this guy turns out to seek revenge on young black guys does it make him a racist?
No it doesn't but by all means lets have a race war because the low life's in all our races should dictate how we act.

Old 01-28-2011, 05:23 PM

39,868 posts, read 26,495,821 times

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NJQK2BscIg

One woman learned the hard way, it's a shame she had to be a victim first.

Many posters here seem to feel she should have just been raped a second time, rather than hurting a poor, misguided soul.

Who can tell me how the raped woman lying bleeding, and beaten on the floor, is morally superior to the woman standing over the attempted rapist with a smoking gun in her hands?

Old 01-28-2011, 05:43 PM

4,050 posts, read 3,958,852 times
2nd Man Arraigned In Grandmother's Death
Detroit Woman Killed By Stray Bullet
EmailPrint

A second man arraigned Friday on charges in connection with the death of a 69-year-old Detroit grandmother.

Police said Geraldine Jackson was killed May 12 when she was hit in the chest by a stray bullet from gunfire that was exchanged during a carjacking.

Antwan Hall, 19, was charged with felony murder last month in connection with case, after police said he started the incident by robbing and carjacking 65-year-old Detroit resident Edward Bell with a fake gun near Pickford and Evergreen roads.

Police said in retaliation, Bell started shooting at Hall as he drove away. One of the bullets from Bell’s gun pierced through the walls of Jackson’s home on the 18400 block of Vaughn Street, striking her.

Watch: Stray Bullet From Nearby Robbery Kills Woman
Watch: 2nd Man Charged In Fatal Stray Bullet Shooting
Detroit police said Bell had a concealed weapons permit.

"Unfortunately in defense of himself, an innocent bystander has lost their life," said Assistant Detroit Police Chief Ralph Godbee.

Wayne County Prosecutor Kym Worthy charged Bell Thursday with manslaughter and discharge of a weapon at a building.

He was arraigned Friday.

2nd Man Arraigned In Grandmother's Death - Detroit Local News Story - WDIV Detroit (http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/23532106/detail.html - broken link)
A google search will return countless instances of innocent people being killed by straw bullets, they are not always the work of criminals but people who feel the need to endanger others when the threat to themselves has been lawfully repealed.

A simple answer to a simple question, if you shoot someone in the back that is running away from you, it dosen't matter if they are seeking cover or retreating, you will be charged with a crime. No we can't argue that forever.

I'm not a lawyer, just a former police officer with 20 years of experience, one off-duty shooting and two on duty shootings. I won't argue hypothetical scenarios when the law is plain.

Another silly scenario brought up is would you continue to walk toward someone being assaulted, and the poster would have us believe that no one in their right mind would. Again this is silliness, many people would attempt to render help, they may or may not be armed when they attempt to help, they may know one or more of the attackers, they may attempt to record the video on their phones as evidence. we don't know so it's silly to suggest all people would act one way only.

If you can't comprehend what many have posted please don't respond, I've addressed two issues that were brought up. Indescriminate firing of a firearm, and the suggestion that all black people should be fair game when you have a gun and are angry and frightened. So it's not one or the other, it was both issues being addressed.

Last edited by reconmark; 01-28-2011 at 05:52 PM..

Old 01-28-2011, 05:57 PM

266 posts, read 402,449 times
If it comes down to my life or a stray bullet hitting an innocent by-standard , I'll take my chances.

Old 01-28-2011, 06:02 PM

Quote:
2nd Man Arraigned In Grandmother's Death
Detroit Woman Killed By Stray Bullet
EmailPrint

A second man arraigned Friday on charges in connection with the death of a 69-year-old Detroit grandmother.

Police said Geraldine Jackson was killed May 12 when she was hit in the chest by a stray bullet from gunfire that was exchanged during a carjacking.

Antwan Hall, 19, was charged with felony murder last month in connection with case, after police said he started the incident by robbing and carjacking 65-year-old Detroit resident Edward Bell with a fake gun near Pickford and Evergreen roads.

Police said in retaliation, Bell started shooting at Hall as he drove away. One of the bullets from Bell’s gun pierced through the walls of Jackson’s home on the 18400 block of Vaughn Street, striking her.

Watch: Stray Bullet From Nearby Robbery Kills Woman
Watch: 2nd Man Charged In Fatal Stray Bullet Shooting

2nd Man Arraigned In Grandmother's Death - Detroit Local News Story - WDIV Detroit (http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/23532106/detail.html - broken link)
A google search will return countless instances of innocent people being killed by straw bullets, they are not always the work of criminals but people who feel the need to endanger others when the threat to themselves has been lawfully repealed.

A simple answer to a simple question, if you shoot someone in the back that is running away from you, it dosen't matter if they are seeking cover or retreating, you will be charged with a crime. No we can't argue that forever.

I'm not a lawyer, just a former police officer with 20 years of experience, one off-duty shooting and two on duty shootings. I won't argue hypothetical scenarios when the law is plain.

Another silly scenario brought up is would you continue to walk toward someone being assaulted, and the poster would have us believe that no one in their right mind would. Again this is silliness, many people would attempt to render help, they may or may not be armed when they attempt to help, they may know one or more of the attackers, they may attempt to record the video on their phones as evidense. we don't know so it's silly to suggest all people would act one way only.

If you can't comprehend what many have posted please don't respond.
Ahhhh...so you as a cop....that brings more merit...

well for your knowledge...I retired with 21 years in the military (only been retired about 20 months)....and If you look around, I may have more shooting experience than most....But hey....you brought up your job....

My silly scenario, I can find just as many "Google" stories that people have not helped a person that is lying in the street dying..

My thoughts are silly? You may need to go back and re-read your comments....

And you are absolutely correct....if you cannot even comprehend you own post...please stop posting...

Your remark about shooting someone in the back while they are running away...not in Alabama...if they have threatened you (and being beat by a bunch of people is a threat to your life) you won't be charged...

Sorry, but saying your a cop brings nothing to this game...

Oh, and the reason people won't help people...because they might and HAVE been sued.....for trying to help...

Good by...

Old 01-28-2011, 06:08 PM

Quote:

"Unfortunately in defense of himself, an innocent bystander has lost their life," said Assistant Detroit Police Chief Ralph Godbee.

Wayne County Prosecutor Kym Worthy charged Bell Thursday with manslaughter and discharge of a weapon at a building.

He was arraigned Friday.

Again, I can come up with more saved lives with a CCW than you can come up with stray bullets have killed...

http://www.collegiatetimes.com/stori...akes-few/print

Iraq Veteran Saves Lives with CCW handgun during robbery - Political Forum (http://www.politicalforum.com/political-opinions-beliefs/139440-iraq-veteran-saves-lives-ccw-handgun-during-robbery.html - broken link)

http://www.qando.net/ - Legal concealed carry weapon saves man’s life

Old 01-28-2011, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Ahhhh...so you as a cop....that brings more merit...

well for your knowledge...I retired with 21 years in the military (only been retired about 20 months)....and If you look around, I may have more shooting experience than most....But hey....you brought up your job....

My silly scenario, I can find just as many "Google" stories that people have not helped a person that is lying in the street dying..

My thoughts are silly? You may need to go back and re-read your comments....

And you are absolutely correct....if you cannot even comprehend you own post...please stop posting...

Your remark about shooting someone in the back while they are running away...not in Alabama...if they have threatened you (and being beat by a bunch of people is a threat to your life) you won't be charged...

Sorry, but saying your a cop brings nothing to this game...

Oh, and the reason people won't help people...because they might and HAVE been sued.....for trying to help...

Good by...
Sorry but your military experience means zip, whether you get it or not society is not the military. Someone stocking helmets in a warehouse dosen't impress me (for those that like to scream they were in the military) and if you want to compare yardsticks in term of military service, combat training, and firing on actual enemies. Go back and read my old posts, I don't have time to type that much tonight.

Please don't compare my service to yours, it's immature and a losing game.

I don't waste too much time in circular , hypothetical debates, so whatever you want it to be is fine if it's works for you.

To anyone who likes their freedom and uses their brains, please don't shoot anyone in the back and think you'll walk free.

Old 01-28-2011, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Again, I can come up with more saved lives with a CCW than you can come up with stray bullets have killed...

Statistics show concealed carry saves many lives, takes few on CollegiateTimes.com

Iraq Veteran Saves Lives with CCW handgun during robbery - Political Forum (http://www.politicalforum.com/political-opinions-beliefs/139440-iraq-veteran-saves-lives-ccw-handgun-during-robbery.html - broken link)

http://www.qando.net/ - Legal concealed carry weapon saves man’s life
Silly waste of time. How old...oh never mind. No one stated that ccw armed people did not save lives, why bring such silliness up. .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies