Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are you glad that George W. Bush says he's done with politics?
Yes, it's the best news I've heard all day 14 24.14%
Yes, but it's not a big deal to me 17 29.31%
No, I will miss him 10 17.24%
Doesn't matter to me at all 17 29.31%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2011, 10:08 PM

3,451 posts, read 7,043,916 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
Why have a thread to try and kick this family around some more? I did not vote for him and did not agree with some of his decisions, but he was the president of the United States and I don't think his place of birth has ever been in question. I don't blame him for making that statement. The ungrateful swine in this country do not deserve to have an honorable president who was honestly trying to make this country better and a first lady that is unquestionable a lady.

This democratic party has turned into the meanest bunch of people I have ever seen in my lifetime. Yes, it is time for you to tone it down. Where did you people learn to act so mean?
If conservatives would only treat our current President with respect...after all, he is the president of the United States.

Oh, and his wife is unquestionable a lady too...

Your post is a perfect example of thinly veiled hate directed at our current president.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2011, 10:09 PM

4,637 posts, read 4,945,167 times
Quote:
I have heard more than one history teacher say that when his administration is looked at from a historical viewpoint, he will get the credit that he deserves and it will be a pretty picture.
You have 8,000+ posts of this tripe?

Old 01-28-2011, 10:09 PM

25,024 posts, read 27,870,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Thing about Bush, he took and accepted the blame, for many things that were put in place before him, and it fell in his lap.
That's the only thing I give him credit for. He took a lot of **** from people, and dind't pass the buck off to anyone unlike Obama where he has to constantly remind everyone it's Bush's fault. If he wins a 2nd term, I'm sure Obama is going to still say it's Bush's fault 7 years into his presidency (God, I hope he suffers the same fate as Carter) We need a Reagan in the GOP, not these useless talking heads being paraded around right now

Old 01-28-2011, 10:10 PM

11,431 posts, read 18,964,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlerain View Post
If conservatives would only treat our current President with respect...after all, he is the president of the United States.

Oh, and his wife is unquestionable a lady too...

Your post is a perfect example of thinly veiled hate directed at our current president.
I'm shocked to find out that NCN didn't vote for Bush.

Old 01-28-2011, 10:13 PM

8,396 posts, read 9,426,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
That's the only thing I give him credit for. He took a lot of **** from people, and dind't pass the buck off to anyone unlike Obama where he has to constantly remind everyone it's Bush's fault. If he wins a 2nd term, I'm sure Obama is going to still say it's Bush's fault 7 years into his presidency (God, I hope he suffers the same fate as Carter) We need a Reagan in the GOP, not these useless talking heads being paraded around right now

Unvarnished truth:

Everything Bush messed up will always be his fault, no matter how many presidential administrations follow his disastrous term.

Old 01-28-2011, 10:15 PM

1,372 posts, read 1,546,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoastalMaine View Post
Oh wow! ANOTHER stupid thread!!! Woo HOOOO!!! Why have any serious intellectual discussions about the REAL problems this country is having, when one can just post mindless, idiotic threads and get some type of latent neanderthal thrill out of it!?!?!
Someone with over 20,000 posts should be well aware that "mindless, idiotic threads" are the norm here on City Data, but then that's really not the source of your contempt now is it? Bush lovers are as transparent as their messiah is empty-headed.

Old 01-28-2011, 10:20 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,277,696 times
I did extremely well under Bush.

So did many others who I got to know in the business world.

He needs to stop so the loons will lay off the attacks and blame him for the mess we are in today caused by liberals spending and mistakes.

Like him or not he was far better then the fool we have running the show now so I hope he lives his life without having to deal with HATEFUL left wingers attacking him all day long.

Old 01-28-2011, 10:22 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,277,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zekester View Post
Someone with over 20,000 posts should be well aware that "mindless, idiotic threads" are the norm here on City Data, but then that's really not the source of your contempt now is it? Bush lovers are as transparent as their messiah is empty-headed.

They have nothing good to post about the idiot lame duck in the WH so they have to make up stuff and go to Bluffington and Kooks websites to spew their daily hate rants.

If you happen to look at many of the new daily threads most of them are garbage trolling threads.

Old 01-28-2011, 10:23 PM

23,410 posts, read 36,915,433 times
Quote:
I have heard more than one history teacher say that when his administration is looked at from a historical viewpoint, he will get the credit that he deserves and it will be a pretty picture.
Historians commonly say that it takes 50 years to pass before an unbiased record can be written about anything and anybody.
Soooooooooo, one would deduce that the teachers you are speaking to could not be unbiased.

Old 01-28-2011, 10:31 PM

1,372 posts, read 1,546,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
They have nothing good to post about the idiot lame duck in the WH so they have to make up stuff and go to Bluffington and Kooks websites to spew their daily hate rants.

If you happen to look at many of the new daily threads most of them are garbage trolling threads.

If you've been paying attention at all it should be obvious to you that 80-90 percent of the POC threads on any given day are troll threads: right wing trolls and left wing trolls endlessly and mindlessly duking it out. Very rarely does anybody post anything thought provoking or intellectually stimulating.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies