Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2011, 11:05 PM

4,803 posts, read 10,169,748 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PITTSTON2SARASOTA View Post
So what you are saying is that there will be no more mentioning of whether someone is married etc....because you are then throwing it in my face and announcing your sexuality to the world......No more appearing with your spouse on TV or at interviews either.

Funny how the gays should be quiet about their lives but everyone else can supply all the details they wish....and that's fine with you. Well....it's a prejudiced viewpoint on your part unless there is NO mention of marriage etc. and no spouses involved. GET IT NOW!.

Otherwise it sounds like SPECIAL RIGHTS for heterosexuals to me. Open your mind and see both sides of the fence.......you want your cake and to eat it too....but gays only can have the crumbs.
Nicely said.

These older people are well aware that the young generation (my generation) is more liberal. (The older people are scared.) Younger people support gay rights and other liberal things a lot more than Baby Boomers and other older people. My generation is the change we need and the old people will no longer make decisions for us soon!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2011, 11:56 PM

12,498 posts, read 26,981,478 times
I'm so sick & tired of hearing about gays & lesbians I could puke.

Who cares what your sexual preference is? Keep it in the bedroom please!

I don't go parading around announcing that I'm a heterosexual white male.

Either you're qualified to do the job or you're not no matter what you identify yourself as.

Old 01-28-2011, 11:56 PM

1,890 posts, read 2,653,115 times
I'm more worried about their jobs as they were appointed by Obama than whose ass they wanna stick 'em in.

Old 01-28-2011, 11:57 PM

1,890 posts, read 2,653,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BacktoBlue View Post
Nicely said.

These older people are well aware that the young generation (my generation) is more liberal. (The older people are scared.) Younger people support gay rights and other liberal things a lot more than Baby Boomers and other older people. My generation is the change we need and the old people will no longer make decisions for us soon!
You couldn't be more wrong. Matter of fact, the person you quoted is old enough to be your daddy (or grandpa). It is rarely about age.

Old 01-29-2011, 12:08 AM

4,426 posts, read 5,917,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post

Either you're qualified to do the job or you're not no matter what you identify yourself as.
your "sexual preference" is disclosed each time you speak about your g/f or wife.. so next time you use the word "my wife" in a conversation, then perhaps you should keep it to yourself

Keep your wife in the bedroom because that's the only thing that defines your relationship right?

Old 01-29-2011, 12:11 AM

26,680 posts, read 28,661,576 times
Quote:
Of course you don't. It's usually assumed that most people are heterosexual. It would be silly for you to "announce" to the majority that you're also a part of the majority.

And most gays don't announce their sexuality to the world. Surely, you must know this.

Old 01-29-2011, 01:06 AM

12,498 posts, read 26,981,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Of course you don't. It's usually assumed that most people are heterosexual. It would be silly for you to "announce" to the majority that you're also a part of the majority.

And most gays don't announce their sexuality to the world. Surely, you must know this.
But when they do its supposedly a "big thing".

Ever heard of a "coming out" party?

Old 01-29-2011, 01:22 AM

8,624 posts, read 9,086,339 times
Quote:

It's perversion first, person second.

Gay male, lesbian woman

For any other sexual orientation it is simply a man or women. Even with married couples we have no idea what their sexual preferance is. People get married for many reasons.

hussein obama is a man that seems intent on destroying (fundamentally change) America. This is just another step towards that goal.

Old 01-29-2011, 01:27 AM

3,340 posts, read 9,685,890 times
If you are A christian, you are an extremely terrible one.

Old 01-29-2011, 01:39 AM

26,680 posts, read 28,661,576 times
Quote:
But when they do its supposedly a "big thing".

Ever heard of a "coming out" party?
I've never personally known a gay person who had a "coming out" party, but if someone did, I wouldn't denounce him (or her) for doing it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies