Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2011, 10:16 PM

157 posts, read 152,634 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Employees Salaries Lookup

They also list the compensation for retiring officers, which seethroughNY does not list.

26 Nassau officers made over $200,000 last year (without including retirement compensation packages). 6 San Jose officers made over $200,000 (without including retirement compensation packages), only 1 of those 6 made it over without the category of other compensation. Not sure what that entails or if that other compensation is also included in the seethroughny figures.
Job is half as big, probably don't have minumum manning, approx 150 over 150G , and I would rather retire with 90% of 100G with a 3% cola than 70% of 150G.
Also nothing is going to be exact. Just shows that LI police salaries are not out of whack for the area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2011, 10:49 PM

22,103 posts, read 19,306,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by truthone View Post
Job is half as big, probably don't have minumum manning, approx 150 over 150G , and I would rather retire with 90% of 100G with a 3% cola than 70% of 150G.
Also nothing is going to be exact. Just shows that LI police salaries are not out of whack for the area.
Closer to 130 which is a fraction of how many Nassau cops make over that, and the difference isn't even remotely close to the difference between Nassau & SJ cops. Nassau cops are the highest paid in the entire country.

Old 02-16-2011, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Closer to 130 which is a fraction of how many Nassau cops make over that, and the difference isn't even remotely close to the difference between Nassau & SJ cops. Nassau cops are the highest paid in the entire country.
Again your opinion and bias! Base pay is higher on SJPD and pension is much higher which last forever. I just displayed a web site from a news agency that stated that NJ is highest in country. And there are other high paid LI cop jobs. So stop you spinning bias garbage

Old 02-16-2011, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Again your opinion and bias! Base pay is higher on SJPD and pension is much higher which last forever. I just displayed a web site from a news agency that stated that NJ is highest in country. And there are other high paid LI cop jobs. So stop you spinning bias garbage
Base pay really isn't higher, since the median base pay for Nassau cops is $116,000. Looking at the SJ website the median base pay looks just shy of $108,000. Also the OT looks a bit lower.

As far as NJ being the highest in the country, well that is the state as a whole. Many areas of NY (especially upstate) make far less than cops on LI, that brings down the state as whole. Some areas in NJ are higher than the NJ average, and some areas of NY are higher than the NY average. Nassau is the highest in the country.

Old 02-17-2011, 12:26 AM

Quote:
Base pay really isn't higher, since the median base pay for Nassau cops is $116,000. Looking at the SJ website the median base pay looks just shy of $108,000. Also the OT looks a bit lower.

As far as NJ being the highest in the country, well that is the state as a whole. Many areas of NY (especially upstate) make far less than cops on LI, that brings down the state as whole. Some areas in NJ are higher than the NJ average, and some areas of NY are higher than the NY average. Nassau is the highest in the country.
How do you know if that is the state as a whole. Ramsey used to be way above NCPD. You can look it up and all the others in NJ.
As far as SJPD that takes in rookies etc. Recruiting web site had base pay higher. And it was higher than NCPD
Many areas of NJ are low cost of living to. You haven't read about Camden lately. The area of the Pine Woods etc.

Old 02-17-2011, 12:41 AM

Quote:
How do you know if that is the state as a whole. Ramsey used to be way above NCPD. You can look it up and all the others in NJ.
As far as SJPD that takes in rookies etc. Recruiting web site had base pay higher. And it was higher than NCPD
Many areas of NJ are low cost of living to. You haven't read about Camden lately. The area of the Pine Woods etc.
Based off actual reports is how I know Nassau cops are the highest paid.

New recruits to make more in SJ, but the rise is quicker in Nassau. The median base salary in Nassau is a bit over $8,000 more than the median base in SJ. The median salary difference is even higher that that due to less OT in SJ.

As far as lower COL areas of NJ, some of those areas do exist, but not as much as in upstate NY. The overall COL in NJ as a whole is higher than NY a whole.

As far as Ramsey its really something that can't exactly be compared due to the fact Ramsey is quite a bit smaller. You are comparing an area with a population of about 14,000 to one with 1.35 million (perhaps 1.2 million when you look at the ones that Nassau police serve, since some areas have their own precinct). Also the incomes in Ramsey are a bit higher in Ramsey than Nassau as a whole. However, with that being said, the median income for a Ramsey police officer is around $102,000

Old 02-17-2011, 02:16 AM

Quote:
Based off actual reports is how I know Nassau cops are the highest paid.

New recruits to make more in SJ, but the rise is quicker in Nassau. The median base salary in Nassau is a bit over $8,000 more than the median base in SJ. The median salary difference is even higher that that due to less OT in SJ.

As far as lower COL areas of NJ, some of those areas do exist, but not as much as in upstate NY. The overall COL in NJ as a whole is higher than NY a whole.

As far as Ramsey its really something that can't exactly be compared due to the fact Ramsey is quite a bit smaller. You are comparing an area with a population of about 14,000 to one with 1.35 million (perhaps 1.2 million when you look at the ones that Nassau police serve, since some areas have their own precinct). Also the incomes in Ramsey are a bit higher in Ramsey than Nassau as a whole. However, with that being said, the median income for a Ramsey police officer is around $102,000
Enough of your median trash. Its right on the recruiting site what base pay is.Here it is in black and white SJPD Police officer, "ending step 7 salary $116,093 So it means NCPD has some more OT. And thats because of min manning . And OT is up because there are 600 less cops on the force. You guys wanted that. Again taking cake and eating it. You take that away and you'll see a few cars at night and crime rate go way up. And what does it matter about low cost of living up state and higher here. All that means is where cost of living is lower salaries are lower. Where higher its higher. Nassau has four of the top 10 richest areas in the country. Its only normal that its workers would be higher paid than say, Buffalo. Again with your median for Ramsey. For all I know half their job could be rookies. And I could compare Nassau to Ramsey it has nothing to do with amount of people. It matters about cost of living. There are villages her in Nassau that make as much and more than Nassau.
And since you are in love with everything median
"Any police officer that says they’re not making enough money needs to re-examine themselves," said Saddle Brook Township Police Chief Robert Kugler. In that Bergen County town, 30 of 31 officers made six figures last year, and the median salary was $121,177."

" NJ has the highest paid cops in the country"!California has the 2nd highest paid cops in the country" Yes NCPD is paid high, this is a high cost of living area, richest area in the country. Hire more cops have less OT except for the DWI cops

Old 02-17-2011, 02:46 AM

Quote:
Enough of your median trash. Its right on the recruiting site what base pay is.Here it is in black and white SJPD Police officer, "ending step 7 salary $116,093 So it means NCPD has some more OT. And thats because of min manning . And OT is up because there are 600 less cops on the force. You guys wanted that. Again taking cake and eating it. You take that away and you'll see a few cars at night and crime rate go way up. And what does it matter about low cost of living up state and higher here. All that means is where cost of living is lower salaries are lower. Where higher its higher. Nassau has four of the top 10 richest areas in the country. Its only normal that its workers would be higher paid than say, Buffalo. Again with your median for Ramsey. For all I know half their job could be rookies. And I could compare Nassau to Ramsey it has nothing to do with amount of people. It matters about cost of living. There are villages her in Nassau that make as much and more than Nassau.
And since you are in love with everything median
"Any police officer that says they’re not making enough money needs to re-examine themselves," said Saddle Brook Township Police Chief Robert Kugler. In that Bergen County town, 30 of 31 officers made six figures last year, and the median salary was $121,177."

" NJ has the highest paid cops in the country"!California has the 2nd highest paid cops in the country" Yes NCPD is paid high, this is a high cost of living area, richest area in the country. Hire more cops have less OT except for the DWI cops
San Jose did have cutbacks in pay last year, not sure if the recruiting site reflects that, if you go through the SJ website which I linked earlier, its pretty clear that the median base salary is a shade under $108,000. Which is compared to a shade over $116,000 for the median base salary for Nassau.

As far as the comparison to Buffalo, I'm not saying that Nassau cops should be paid the same as Buffalo or anything like that, of course they should be paid quite a bit more. I'm using that to show why you can't compare the state as a whole to other states.

You mention Brick with the median salary of $121,177 notice its median salary not median base, which means it includes OT. Nassau's median base is z little over $116,000 with a median overall salary of just below $150,000. The HIGHEST in the country. Nassau does have one of the highest COL's in the country, 10th highest county as far as income goes (7th highest with a population over 250,000), I'm not suggesting they shouldn't be paid well. Of course they should, but they are the highest paid in the country. And with the current financial problems the county is in everyone needs to make sacrifices, to get the county back in fiscal shape, that includes taxpayers as well as those on the county payroll (the VAST MAJORITY of the highest paid on the county payroll are cops). The continuation of handouts to the PBA by the GOP (the latest being the compensation cap removal by Mangano) needs to stop. The county just can't afford it.

Old 02-17-2011, 09:22 AM

Quote:
San Jose did have cutbacks in pay last year, not sure if the recruiting site reflects that, if you go through the SJ website which I linked earlier, its pretty clear that the median base salary is a shade under $108,000. Which is compared to a shade over $116,000 for the median base salary for Nassau.

As far as the comparison to Buffalo, I'm not saying that Nassau cops should be paid the same as Buffalo or anything like that, of course they should be paid quite a bit more. I'm using that to show why you can't compare the state as a whole to other states.

You mention Brick with the median salary of $121,177 notice its median salary not median base, which means it includes OT. Nassau's median base is z little over $116,000 with a median overall salary of just below $150,000. The HIGHEST in the country. Nassau does have one of the highest COL's in the country, 10th highest county as far as income goes (7th highest with a population over 250,000), I'm not suggesting they shouldn't be paid well. Of course they should, but they are the highest paid in the country. And with the current financial problems the county is in everyone needs to make sacrifices, to get the county back in fiscal shape, that includes taxpayers as well as those on the county payroll (the VAST MAJORITY of the highest paid on the county payroll are cops). The continuation of handouts to the PBA by the GOP (the latest being the compensation cap removal by Mangano) needs to stop. The county just can't afford it.
Not the highest paid in the country as displayed and PROVED. Reason for OT dispayed and PROVED. SACRAFICES have been made and PROVED in contract. Thats right legal binding CONTRACT. NJ and CALI highest paid cops in country displayed and proved. Everyone making sacrfices is everyone in county employment to you. ALL tax raises have been eliminated. Not just half, 25% . ALL. The whole plan for the county to move ahead with civil service sacrifices included the tax raise , as little as it was compared to town/school tax raises. So PBA sacrifices are OVER unless ordered by a court. The only sacrifices the PBA will be making is a possible NIFA freeze or county going bankrupt. I will be gone by then and I will make sure my son works for the govt not the county. The govt so far has done a one year freeze.
PS Mangano did his so called hand out for his own benefit to get high paid cops off pay roll. You insinuating that there is a love affair between Mangano and the PBA is absurd. It just goes to show you must be some die hard democrat. FYI I am an independent in case you decide to bring that up. I think ALL politicians are ex car dealers

Old 02-17-2011, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Not the highest paid in the country as displayed and PROVED. Reason for OT dispayed and PROVED. SACRAFICES have been made and PROVED in contract. Thats right legal binding CONTRACT. NJ and CALI highest paid cops in country displayed and proved. Everyone making sacrfices is everyone in county employment to you. ALL tax raises have been eliminated. Not just half, 25% . ALL. The whole plan for the county to move ahead with civil service sacrifices included the tax raise , as little as it was compared to town/school tax raises. So PBA sacrifices are OVER unless ordered by a court. The only sacrifices the PBA will be making is a possible NIFA freeze or county going bankrupt. I will be gone by then and I will make sure my son works for the govt not the county. The govt so far has done a one year freeze.
PS Mangano did his so called hand out for his own benefit to get high paid cops off pay roll. You insinuating that there is a love affair between Mangano and the PBA is absurd. It just goes to show you must be some die hard democrat. FYI I am an independent in case you decide to bring that up. I think ALL politicians are ex car dealers
Nassau has the highest paid cops in the U.S and that has been displayed and proved. As both seethroughny & the SJ website shows, Nassau cops were making more $$$$ than the San Jose cops. The average cops in NJ and CA do make more than the average cops in NY, but the Nassau County police make more $$$ than any dept in NJ or Cali.

Mangano did not do the compensation cap for hos own benefit to get high paid cops off the street, that is the way he tried to portray it to the public, but it was done in order to give the PBA yet another handout from the GOP.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies