Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-09-2011, 03:43 PM

15,701 posts, read 16,994,040 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
I have also. And I know that you believe me when I tell you that this woman is haunted by it. She still crys when the subject of abortion comes up. She speaks about it to others now. She is now a Christian (wasn't then) and she has made it her personal ministry.

This woman lives with that decision every day of her life, and though she knows she is forgiven, she does not forget what she did.
Most women do not regret having an abortion.

Abortion News | Most Women Do Not Feel Distress, Regret After Undergoing Abortion, Study Says - Kaisernetwork.org
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2011, 03:47 PM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,907,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
Killing a human except in self-defense is murder. Abortion is murder.
You can keep saying it as often as you like, but your statement is completely false. Murder has a very specific legal definition and a consensual abortion is not even in the same ballpark.

Old 02-09-2011, 03:53 PM

18,337 posts, read 26,416,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
You can keep saying it as often as you like, but your statement is completely false. Murder has a very specific legal definition and a consensual abortion is not even in the same ballpark.
There's two humans involved in an abortion. One does not consent.

Actually my definition is the legal definition. If you intentionally kill another human and it's not a case of self-defense, it's murder.

Old 02-09-2011, 03:55 PM

8,858 posts, read 5,340,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
You need to educate yourself in this subject. The ultrasounds performed in the links you posted are to determine the size and gestational age before performing the abortion. The ultrasounds are to give the doctor pertinent information to ensure the abortion is both safe and legal. Routine ultrasounds are only performed prior to surgical abortions, not medical ones. The ultrasounds are not usually seen by the women.

The ultrasounds being proposed in the OP are to be shown to the mothers in an attempt to convince them not to get an abortion.

No comparison.
So you are saying the ultrasounds are in fact necessary to perform the abortion. Then there is no extra cost involved, as many were saying we should send the bills to anti-abortion folks. The only thing we're quibbling about is whether or not the woman sees it.

Old 02-09-2011, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked Felina View Post
What, do you support executions?

Old 02-09-2011, 03:57 PM
Sco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
One of these days Republicans will start to give a damn about life outside the womb. At that point I might just begin to show them an ounce of respect for all the handwringing they do about fetuses and embryos. Under Republican ideology person can openly drop dead of breast cancer because she lacks medical insurance but oh my gosh let us throw a sanctimonious hissy fit because a four week fertilized egg is destroyed!

I have news for any Republican reading this: your morals and religious beliefs are not universal. You have no business imposing your Christianity on my womb anymore than you have the right to drag me into church.
Great Post!

The GOP is so full of hypocrisy on their "sanctity of life" BS. In Arizona, the Republican governor has basically condemmed several transplant patients to death just to save a few bucks. The GOP fully supports wars in which innocent civilians are killed by drones and bombs; they just call it collateral damage.

However, if a woman chooses to exercise her constitutionally protected right to a safe, legal abortion they call her a murderer and attempt to subject her to humiliating tests, waiting periods, parental consent, etc. just to score political points with their base.

Old 02-09-2011, 04:02 PM

8,858 posts, read 5,340,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
You need to educate yourself in this subject. The ultrasounds performed in the links you posted are to determine the size and gestational age before performing the abortion. The ultrasounds are to give the doctor pertinent information to ensure the abortion is both safe and legal. Routine ultrasounds are only performed prior to surgical abortions, not medical ones. The ultrasounds are not usually seen by the women.

The ultrasounds being proposed in the OP are to be shown to the mothers in an attempt to convince them not to get an abortion.

No comparison.
Abortion Pill - Cost of Abortion Pill - Medication Abortion

These people are in need of your expertise, as it would seem they usually perform one of those unnecessary ultrasounds on women having medical abortions.

But it is Unplanned Parenthood here .......

Last edited by Minethatbird; 02-09-2011 at 04:08 PM.. Reason: omission

Old 02-09-2011, 04:08 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,531,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
Abortion Pill - Cost of Abortion Pill - Medication Abortion

These people are in need of your expertise, as it would seem they usually perform one of those unnecessary abortions on women having medical abortions.

But it is Unplanned Parenthood here .......
Good for them, glad they are being thorough. Still no comparison to what is being proposed.

Old 02-09-2011, 04:09 PM
Sco

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
There's two humans involved in an abortion. One does not consent.

Actually my definition is the legal definition. If you intentionally kill another human and it's not a case of self-defense, it's murder.
Like I said, say it as often as you like. An abortion is not a murder, plain and simple. You can refuse to accept the facts, but you are not allowed to create your own.

Old 02-09-2011, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
Like I said, say it as often as you like. An abortion is not a murder, plain and simple. You can refuse to accept the facts, but you are not allowed to create your own.
You are the one refusing to accept facts. An abortion takes the life of a human, plain and simple. It's murder.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies