Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-09-2011, 06:17 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,018,265 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlet_ohara View Post
Abortion is a crude relic from the past when women had no effective means of birth control.

Abortion is a barbaric act on a woman regardless if one believes the fetus is "human" or not.

Abortion is the resistance to scientific advances in birth control; the resistance to taking responsibility for protecting your body; and clinging to an uncivilized past.

It would seem that abortion is not really progressive at all.
most invasive medical procedures are barbaric and when looked back on from a time in the future are crude.

no matter how advanced, birth control does fail, women are raped and woman are victims of sexual abuse.

being forced to carry to term a baby you don't want is barbaric
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2011, 06:21 PM

59,029 posts, read 27,298,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
So, if the PERSON responsible, cannot afford to support the child, what do you suggest?

And yes, for me, it is all about the money......just try living without it sometime.

If you are pregnant, and cannot support the child without taxpayer money, the resposible thing to do is to abort.

I guess you just don't understand what being responsible means.

Go out and have all the sex you want and to hell with what happens next because you have a right to do with your body as you choose. If the taxpayers have to pay for it because "you can't afford" it so what, you had fun.

Tell me, what do you think being responsible means?

Old 02-09-2011, 06:23 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,044,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
what is it about birth control FAILING that you don't understand?
Some people are just not quick enough to get it.

Old 02-09-2011, 06:27 PM

59,029 posts, read 27,298,344 times
Quote:
what is it about birth control FAILING that you don't understand?
What don't you understand about if you don't want a bay don't have sex. It is called being responsible.

Old 02-09-2011, 06:29 PM

1,677 posts, read 1,668,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
I have been raped. I also now have cancer. Luckily neither of these things resulted in the necessity to have an abortion. But they could have. If I was pregnant now (got my diagnosis a week ago), I would have to either have an abortion or wait for chemo until after birth. Abortion wins every time.

So no, it's not "highly unlikely". It happens more than you think.
Rape and incest account for 1% of abortions

Reasons for abortion

* 25.5% Want to postpone childbearing
* 21.3% Cannot afford a baby
* 14.1% Has relationship problem or partner does not want pregnancy
* 12.2% Too young; parent(s) or other(s) object to pregnancy
* 10.8% Having a child will disrupt education or job
* 7.9% Want no (more) children

More than 90% should have been prevented. More than 90% fail to prevent unwanted pregnancy. Birth control methods have a better success rate than that.

* 3.3% Risk to fetal health
* 2.8% Risk to maternal health

Few are for health reasons.

Abortion in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I'm not saying we need to change any laws. We need to evolve into a civilized society. More than 90% failing to prevent unwanted pregnancy is uncivilized.

We need for people to take responsibility for their own bodies. Instead, we have folks pushing abortion over birth control and responsiblity for either a political agenda or for nonsensical reasons.

Old 02-09-2011, 06:30 PM

3,390 posts, read 4,950,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
Any restriction on murder is acceptable.
^ This. Seems like the "pro choice" want to have the choice to kill unborn children.

Old 02-09-2011, 06:31 PM

1,677 posts, read 1,668,283 times
Quote:
most invasive medical procedures are barbaric and when looked back on from a time in the future are crude.

no matter how advanced, birth control does fail, women are raped and woman are victims of sexual abuse.

being forced to carry to term a baby you don't want is barbaric
Another (R) Anti-Abortion Attempt

Old 02-09-2011, 06:34 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,044,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
I guess you just don't understand what being responsible means.

Go out and have all the sex you want and to hell with what happens next because you have a right to do with your body as you choose. If the taxpayers have to pay for it because "you can't afford" it so what, you had fun.

Tell me, what do you think being responsible means?
I just told you. If bc fails and you have an unplanned pregnancy, and you cannot afford to support a child, either abort it or adopt it out.

However, if abortion is banned as you would like it to be, there are going to be a lot of women who are forced to have a child they cannot afford and refuse to adopt out.....so they will go on welfare. Then our taxes will go up.
That is FACT.

Old 02-09-2011, 06:34 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,562,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
Your name suits you. Wicked Felina. A wicked person indeed. For you to justify the killings of innocent children. Perhaps you should have been aborted. Then you would not have anything to say!!
Nice personal attack.

And for the record they are the killings of innocent embryos.

Old 02-09-2011, 06:39 PM

4,627 posts, read 10,471,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
Your name suits you. Wicked Felina. A wicked person indeed. For you to justify the killings of innocent children. Perhaps you should have been aborted. Then you would not have anything to say!!
Can't you post without personal insults? Apparently not. What exactly in the OP precipitated your attack? It is not my fault you are unable to comprehend the English language. !!!!! And...!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies