Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: should there be a homosexual subforum ?
yes 10 50.00%
no 10 50.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2011, 01:09 PM

1,890 posts, read 2,653,965 times

Advertisements

if you don't like 'em, don't click 'em.

Last edited by Green Irish Eyes; 01-29-2011 at 01:45 PM.. Reason: Please discuss the topic, not each other.

Old 01-29-2011, 01:10 PM

3,767 posts, read 4,530,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
is the OP and like mined posters worried they might "catch" being gay?
Yes. so vey frightened.

Old 01-29-2011, 01:10 PM

5,546 posts, read 9,999,979 times
Yes, please let's do. Yes, I get they're oppressed but I'm tired of seeing half a dozen threads devoted to it on the front page of POC constantly.

You don't see any other group doing that. I think it's time they have a forum all to themselves so they can post 100 different threads in that forum and the rest of us who are interested in a variety of topics do not have to constantly be exposed to these threads.

Now, I am not anti-gay. I am anti-creating half a dozen threads on the front page on a regular basis over it.

Old 01-29-2011, 01:11 PM

3,767 posts, read 4,530,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lariat View Post
Only a few people regularly contribute gay topics...of course, the token poster is anunidentifiedmale. Pittson2sarsota is another.
You got that right!

Old 01-29-2011, 01:12 PM

277 posts, read 166,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
Really.....you better check again, I have trouble keeping up with the amount of threads started on the subject.
I can read, you post in the threads about gays. You were in the one about the homeless shelter. Don't act like you're so exasperated by all the threads about gays. If you were, you wouldn't make a point of posting in them. You don't like a topic, don't post in the thread. It's not rocket science.

Old 01-29-2011, 01:12 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,670,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistygrl092 View Post
Yes, please let's do. Yes, I get they're oppressed but I'm tired of seeing half a dozen threads devoted to it on the front page of POC constantly.

You don't see any other group doing that. I think it's time they have a forum all to themselves so they can post 100 different threads in that forum and the rest of us who are interested in a variety of topics do not have to constantly be exposed to these threads.

Now, I am not anti-gay. I am anti-creating half a dozen threads on the front page on a regular basis over it.
You say you're not anti-gay, but your statements sure sound anti-gay. The fact that you use words like "they" and "the rest of us" are evidence of this. At the very least, you sound like a heterosexual supremacist.

Quote:
Supremacism is the belief that a particular race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, belief system or culture is superior to others and entitles those who identify with it to dominate, control or rule those who do not.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supremacism

I'm tired of reading Obama-bashing threads. There's dozens of them every day. Maybe there should be a subcategory for them.

Old 01-29-2011, 01:15 PM

5,546 posts, read 9,999,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
You say you're not anti-gay, but your statements sure sound anti-gay.

I'm tired of reading Obama-bashing threads. There's dozens of them every day. Maybe there should be a subcategory for them.
Well, I'm not. But one must admit that there is a disproportionate number of threads devoted to some form of gay-ness (I counted six this morning) on a forum that reads POLITICS and other controversies - notice the word politics comes first. And while I *wish* there was a separate Palin forum she is, after all, a political figure.

Old 01-29-2011, 01:16 PM

20,955 posts, read 5,545,820 times
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

Old 01-29-2011, 01:18 PM

45,226 posts, read 26,443,162 times
Quote:

Disagree with the comment in bold.
Gays aren't oppressed, they have the same rights you and I do...but thats a different a thread.

Old 01-29-2011, 01:20 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,670,280 times
Quote:
Well, I'm not. But one must admit that there is a disproportionate number of threads devoted to some form of gay-ness (I counted six this morning) on a forum that reads POLITICS and other controversies - notice the word politics comes first.
Homosexuality is one of the most controversial subjects in the news every day, so it's appropriate to discuss it in this category.

Four Moral Issues Sharply Divide Americans

I'm actually open to having a gay subcategory, but I don't like the impression that heterosexual supremacists are forcing it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies