Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2011, 03:17 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,472,986 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Bought a new flat screen TV so that I can watch it on the news...

Of course if the nuttier nut cases in the Tea Party actually come to power I might be outside doing some not so civil unresting of my own.
Couple of extra lawnchairs, a DVD of the "big game" and a stocked cooler and burgers on the grill and there will be NO unrest at your home

Just have them check in their guns at the curb.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

31,387 posts, read 37,045,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Dang..we'll have to have a secret handshake or something for bartering.
An hour away from College Station here..46 acres with a stocked pond.
I have corexit free catfish
I hear you! Five fine rod and reel combinations and the Atlantic Seaboard an hour drive away.

No gas? I got a bike.

25,231 posts, read 16,935,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
I have enough food and water on hand to last a couple months plus we have the ability to produce our own eggs, fruits and veggies. I have enough LP to run my backup generator for a couple hours a day for a month or more if needed. I have enough ammo to fend off the population of my community and enough friends who know to head here if the SHTF. I'm out in the country at least 50 miles from the city of Houston and I'm surrounded by open horse pastures so I can see intruders coming from all directions. The house is fortified and able to withstand basic a normal intruder trying to break in.
Us Texans are gonna be the only ones that survive
Ok, before everyone goes ballistic, I am just kidding. But IF the world turns up side down it is always good to have a plan and even better to make sure you practice it. In case of a fire you will do what, in case of an earthquake you will do what, in case of a intruder in your home you will do what,........ get the point. Prepare for the worst and hope for the best is a survivor's mentality.
Casper

Old 01-29-2011, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
we have the ability to produce our own eggs, fruits and veggies.
And don't forget, nuts. If you get my meaning.

Old 01-29-2011, 03:22 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,853,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
I hear you! Five fine rod and reel combinations and the Atlantic Seaboard an hour drive away.

No gas? I got a bike.
I got the Gulf a few yards away, still some fish left there, but may need to rig a sail on the boat.

Old 01-29-2011, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Couple of extra lawnchairs, a DVD of the "big game" and a stocked cooler and burgers on the grill and there will be NO unrest at your home

Just have them check in their guns at the curb.
So you are gonna bring back the drive in (ok walk in), cool! Da*m Captialists.
Casper

Old 01-29-2011, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Us Texans are gonna be the only ones that survive
Ok, before everyone goes ballistic, I am just kidding. But IF the world turns up side down it is always good to have a plan and even better to make sure you practice it. In case of a fire you will do what, in case of an earthquake you will do what, in case of a intruder in your home you will do what,........ get the point. Prepare for the worst and hope for the best is a survivor's mentality.
Casper
True. I lived in Florida for a number of years and many hurricanes.
Always had the "hurricane shelf" stocked just in case. It paid off big with Andrew as we were the furthest north and inland so all the family headed to our place to sit it out and they all showed up empty handed no less !

My parents were both Depression era kids and growing up our cabinets were stocked to the hilt. It just wore off on me I guess.

Old 01-29-2011, 03:24 PM

Quote:
But IF the world turns up side down it is always good to have a plan and even better to make sure you practice it.
Would you mind sharing your plan for;

Killer asteroids, meteorite impact,

Massive gamma burst,

Nuclear winter,

Pandemic,

Old 01-29-2011, 03:25 PM

Quote:
So you are gonna bring back the drive in (ok walk in), cool! Da*m Captialists.
Casper
The carrot or the stick Casper..the carrot or the stick.

Old 01-29-2011, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
I got the Gulf a few yards away, still some fish left there, but may need to rig a sail on the boat.
I live on a lake, I might have to stick to a canoe since fuel will be hard to come by for a long while. Sail, hmmmmm I might want to take a few lessons and find something cheap just incase plus it might be fun.
Casper
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies