Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2011, 09:25 AM

499 posts, read 405,137 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Europe does not need immigration. In fact you need LESS people. Every one of you lives on top of each other over there. You Europeans cry that you need to reduce your carboon footprint, use less natural resources, etc. yet you want to bring in more people I'm starting to think you're a university student who hasn't had an original thought. Everything what you have said so far, is practically word-for-word straight out of some BBC spokesmouth.

If you believe in all this global warming bull, then you'd want LESS people, not MORE don't you think??
I think the point they were making was about having an economically active population which can support disproportionate and increasing numbers of uneconomically active older people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2011, 09:28 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,927,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dollymixture View Post
I think the point they were making was about having an economically active population which can support disproportionate and increasing numbers of uneconomically active older people.
Populations will always rise and fall. You will always have more jobs than people, and this is an urban legend. This is to keep the unemployment rate high, and a large section of the population dependent on government largess because that buys votes. Even Labour admitted that they loosened a lot of the immigrant regulations to grow their voter base!

Old 01-30-2011, 09:29 AM

7,545 posts, read 8,325,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by liebknecht View Post
Turkey has been promised EU accession for 40 or so years, so if they fulfill all requirements then of course they should be let in. Everything else would just be very unfair, I don't understand what the fuss is all about anyway.
Quote:
Shrinking birth rates, increasing life expectancy, fewer people paying into the pension system, etc. ever thought about that? As much as Europe doesn't want these immigrants, the truth is Europe needs immigration.
Oh classic. You didn't seem to have these sentiments in your post HERE. Hypocrite much?? Oopsies!

Quote:
Quote:
None, there's way too much countries in the EU as it is. I'm in no way prejudiced against the eastern european countries, but in my opinion it was a mistake to let them join the EU. The diversity between western and eastern countries is just too big for the EU to cope with really. The more countries join the EU, the more useless it becomes in my opinion...

Just imagine if Turkey joined the EU. I love Turkey, it's a wonderful country, but people live like in the stone ages in more rural parts of turkey...

Old 01-30-2011, 09:32 AM

344 posts, read 462,468 times
Quote:
Crime statistics don't have anything to do with the original claim that Muslims across the board are not "educated, ambitious, inventive".

Regardless of the problems multiculturalism may bring, the above isn't true as a stand alone.
Real muslims aren't, since real muslims must obey the quran in which it says that all idol worshipers and non-believers must be killed (unless they convert to islam of course). The people you call inventive, educated, etc. muslims are "muslims by tradition", people who most probably haven't ever been to a mosque or read the quran, but they call themselves muslims because their ancestors were muslim, or because it is not really acceptable not to be a muslim where they live.

But regardless, the muslims are one of last groups which should be considered for immigration to Europe, there are literally hundreds of millions of ethnically White Europeans who live outside of Europe, so to take the muslims in on mass instead of them is an insult to both them and to common sense/logic.

Old 01-30-2011, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Populations will always rise and fall. You will always have more jobs than people, and this is an urban legend. This is to keep the unemployment rate high, and a large section of the population dependent on government largess because that buys votes. Even Labour admitted that they loosened a lot of the immigrant regulations to grow their voter base!
That doesn't solve the problem of what to do about an ageing population - maybe we need to wait and see if the projected difficulties, which they estimate will be greater than before, actually happen.

Any government which keeps unemployment high is unlikely to be popular or voted for. That's partly why bloody New Labour got in in the first place.

Old 01-30-2011, 09:39 AM

11,431 posts, read 18,997,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purger View Post
Real muslims aren't, since real muslims must obey the quran in which it says that all idol worshipers and non-believers must be killed (unless they convert to islam of course). The people you call inventive, educated, etc. muslims are "muslims by tradition", people who most probably haven't ever been to a mosque or read the quran, but they call themselves muslims because their ancestors were muslim, or because it is not really acceptable not to be a muslim where they live.

But regardless, the muslims are one of last groups which should be considered for immigration to Europe, there are literally hundreds of millions of ethnically White Europeans who live outside of Europe, so to take the muslims in on mass instead of them is an insult to both them and to common sense/logic.
I can't believe that I actually agree with you on something. Why doesn't Europe make it easier for Americans to emigrate over there? There are many Americans (especially younger, left-leaning, etc) that would love to live and work in European countries. The only problem is that the UE rates in some of those countries seems to be high. Are the muslim immigrants that you speak of, recent arrivals or descendants of the colonial times who were born in colonial possession or the European country itself?

Old 01-30-2011, 09:40 AM

5,944 posts, read 5,582,900 times
Lightbulb Is Turkey a European Nation?

If the Europeans and Turks have decided that they are, no other opinion matters at all.

Old 01-30-2011, 09:41 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,927,795 times
Quote:

Any government which keeps unemployment high is unlikely to be popular or voted for. That's partly why bloody New Labour got in in the first place.
And that's why they keep importing these immigrants. Because immigrants most likely will vote for the party that traditionally supplies government programs, and in Britain's case, it's Labour. Look at the immigrants here in the U.S. Most of them are projected to vote Democrat. It's a pattern that is repeated across the developed world. That's why the government programs are so generous in Europe, and yet Europe always had a high unemployment rate but with the generous programs, it keeps the poor masses quiet instead of rioting. Yet the EU nations still keep on importing more and more immigrants, even though the unemployment rate is high. The aim, just like the U.S., is to REDUCE wages because immigrants are CHEAP. They dot he same exact thing in the U.S. except they prefer illegal Mexican labor

Old 01-30-2011, 09:42 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,318,165 times
I thought the ottoman was where Europeans rested their feet.

Old 01-30-2011, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
I can't believe that I actually agree with you on something. Why doesn't Europe make it easier for Americans to emigrate over there? There are many Americans (especially younger, left-leaning, etc) that would love to live and work in European countries. The only problem is that the UE rates in some of those countries seems to be high. Are the muslim immigrants that you speak of, recent arrivals or descendants of the colonial times who were born in colonial possession or the European country itself?
The colonial ties still exist even if the European country doesn't rule any more. Additionally immigration within the EU itself is less restricted.

I don't know how it compares to emigrating from America.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies