Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2011, 04:57 PM

866 posts, read 1,559,837 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
None are liberal positions. Several liberals have told you this now.

I can't convince you to believe actual liberals over Fox News. I know Fox has a narrative you enjoy more, but it's far from the truth...
I thought most liberals were for gun control, abortion, and affirmative action and against genetic engineered food and global warming? And on a side note, I don't watch Fox News, I prefer CNN.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2011, 04:58 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
What???

I still don't know what minority competition protections (I assume you mean either civil rights laws or affirmative action), gun control, and welfare have to do with science. Those are strictly social issues.

Social Science

Old 01-30-2011, 05:01 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,560,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kangrui View Post
I normally don't rant, but I've always heard about how liberals are just following science while the ignorant conservatives are blindly obeying their religion and thus cannot be as objective as liberals.

If thats the case, then how come liberals:
Are against genetic engineering that can improve our food, despite no evidence of harm from it?
Believe manmade global warming is real, despite evidence to the contrary?
Think that minorities cannot compete with whites and need special protection?
Still think that welfare as practiced will actually help people after years of not working?
Think that guns cause violence?
Don't believe abortion in later stages of pregnancy is murder?

And so many other liberal opinions. Any other examples or reasons for these beliefs?
Your post is so stereotypical it'd be like a person saying, "Why do all residents of Utah have four wives and 15 kids?"

Old 01-30-2011, 05:02 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,095,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Social Science
Yes, that would be social science. The study of society (social science) is not science. They are very different things. I addressed that in a previous post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Science and social science (the study of society) are separate, very different things. A study on the economic and societal effects of food stamps or affirmative action is not science. Forgive me for thinking that this thread was a discussion of science and its influence in liberal politics (you know, like the thread title says).

Old 01-30-2011, 05:02 PM

8,949 posts, read 12,131,290 times
You said:

Quote:
If thats the case, then how come liberals:
Are against genetic engineering that can improve our food, despite no evidence of harm from it?
Believe manmade global warming is real, despite evidence to the contrary?
Think that minorities cannot compete with whites and need special protection?
Still think that welfare as practiced will actually help people after years of not working?
Think that guns cause violence?
Don't believe abortion in later stages of pregnancy is murder?
Then you said:
Quote:
I thought most liberals were for gun control, abortion, and affirmative action and against genetic engineered food and global warming?
Not the same.

If you can't have an intellectually honest discussion, I can't waste my time responding. Maybe someone else will be more charitable and take the time to satisfy your "curiosity."

Old 01-30-2011, 05:04 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,827,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
Your post is so stereotypical it'd be like a person saying, "Why do all residents of Utah have four wives and 15 kids?"
Wait, they don't?

I'VE BEEN DECEIVED.

Old 01-30-2011, 05:07 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,095,708 times
Quote:
And notice how that OP's language is changing. In post 1 he states that liberals "think that guns cause violence", but when called out on the utter ridiculousness of that statement his language changes and he defensively says in post 41 "I thought most liberals were for gun control" - pretending that that's what he initially said. He's being incredibly tricky and disingenuous.

Old 01-30-2011, 05:09 PM

866 posts, read 1,559,837 times
Quote:
I don't really see that. I'd say that not allowing abortion, being against illegal immigration, and and supporting low taxes at expense of government programs are conservative values even though many conservatives do not agree with all of them.

Old 01-30-2011, 05:12 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,827,481 times
Folding chair attack.

Guns don't cause violence. Folding chairs cause violence. Dang liberal Tea Partiers.

Old 01-30-2011, 05:15 PM

3,849 posts, read 3,750,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3ntr0py View Post
It's because most liberals are atheist which makes them completely immoral and hypocritical.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
I'd bet you my bottom dollar that most liberals are NOT atheists. Another fantasy sold to you by the right wing Fox News RushGlen hype machine. THIS liberal is a practicing Jew. If it makes you feel good to liberal "atheists" know that it also makes you appear misinformed.
This liberal is a Christian. And I do know several atheists who are anything but liberal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies