Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2011, 02:53 AM

4,877 posts, read 4,507,748 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium View Post
The rights reason for actual laws or policies usually amount to "ITS TRADITION ITS ALWAYS BEEN LIKE THAT" and "GOD SAID SO!". You think that's common sense?

Oh, and Communism has never existed. The Soviet Union was a dictatorship under the guise of a Communist State. Communism is stateless, classless society. It's a nice idea, in a way, but it never has actually existed, and it really just can't work...
Methinks you are making stuff about republicans.

And your are correct the Soviet Union was not communist. It was unchecked progressivism.

Old 02-01-2011, 08:13 AM

3,006 posts, read 3,870,831 times
Yes, i went to university and was indoctrinated with liberal lefty architecture! Lol. Apart from the actual subject of politics I don't see what it has to do with a university education.

Old 02-01-2011, 08:20 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,938,118 times
Quote:
The rights reason for actual laws or policies usually amount to "ITS TRADITION ITS ALWAYS BEEN LIKE THAT" and "GOD SAID SO!". You think that's common sense?

Oh, and Communism has never existed. The Soviet Union was a dictatorship under the guise of a Communist State. Communism is stateless, classless society. It's a nice idea, in a way, but it never has actually existed, and it really just can't work...
Don't get into that discussion with the righties here, they do not have the capability to understand what you are saying. There has already been a long discussion on this subject and a huge chunk of the posts by several writers, including myself, had their posts deleted by the Mods because of the low level it attained from all sides. Trust me it is not worth the effort, it is beyond their understanding and you will only get called a communist for trying to explain why it does not work and that it has never truely existed in any country.
Casper

Old 02-01-2011, 08:24 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,855,263 times
Quote:

Wait a minute! Who are all those people hiding in Beck closet or behind the trees in his yard?

Old 02-01-2011, 08:26 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,452,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
It is not an article, it is an op'ed, big difference.
Casper
Was Wright invited to speak? Ok then.....

Old 02-01-2011, 08:32 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Sir, as a college sophomore I delivered a speech in which I tried to convince the members of the class that they should be Communists. This was a heckling speech and I thought that the subject would get plenty of heckling. Not one word from the class, just large eyed amazement and I learned the hard way that 20 year old students in 1952 (there was a Red scare going on then, you know) were quite easy to bend all the way left. I even felt like I had to straighten out their thinking after making them think so seriously about the subject. The first thing I said to them was that they should have questioned the Dictator Proteleriat and even explained it as fully as I could and never a word from them. I didn't know about debriefing then but sure tried to do it without any knowledge about it because I was sure that I had convinced those kids of something I just didn't believe in.

Oh hell, I just broke a rule of one poster here who doesn't like to see people telling stories like that on the forum. Oh well.

Oh, please...

That's such transparent hogwash I'm surprised that you'd even bother to type it all.

You gave talk in a speech class 60 years ago and turned Kansas into a communist state. Right...

So, how does that explain your fear of professors?

Old 02-01-2011, 08:36 AM

7,871 posts, read 10,130,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
If the professors in college start to teach leftist politics or any politics in classes, seems to me students should record it, put it on You Tube and lawsuits should be made against Colleges regarding these people till they shut up and just teach the courses and not their ideologies IMO.
LOL

Lawsuits that will be dismissed immediately.

You should familiarize yourself with the legal concept of "standing."

Aren't you guys the ones always complaining about frivolous lawsuits?

Old 02-01-2011, 08:43 AM

1,869 posts, read 1,093,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I have wondered all day just how old you must be. You must be pretty young and fairly far left since you don't understand that the far left is made up of mostly old communists and modern progressives. I see them as the same people but I studied communism in the late 1940s and through the 50s. Hell I even broke the laws of nations in the late 50s intercepting radio messages of military people from Communist nations, like Czechoslovakia, East Germany, Russia, Hungary, and the rest of the Iron Countries. Proud of my service, I surely am. How about you?
Did you study McCarthyism as well? Sorry, but your "fear" of progressives, whom you equate with "communists," seems very extreme and outdated to me. Again, I'm not afraid of the "communist boogyman".....Plus, President Obama is NOT far left. lol He's really very moderate.

Old 02-01-2011, 08:49 AM

3,006 posts, read 3,870,831 times
Obama is centre right IMO.

Old 02-01-2011, 08:50 AM

3,128 posts, read 6,534,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
The left are the most closed-minded people on this planet. It is sickening how so many young people like to be lied to, misled and filled with nothing but progressive propaganda. You would think they would wake up.
So much irony, so much win
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies