Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2011, 04:56 PM

3,681 posts, read 6,274,458 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
You wish.

The TP platform is one of smaller government, lower taxes, spending cuts, less intrusive government - and that is exactly WHY the voters threw the dems out and are counting on the GOP, at least in the House, of implementing AND stopping the radical dem/obama agenda.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2011, 04:57 PM

4,877 posts, read 4,507,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
Don't forget Delaware. Palin, O'Donnell, Angel, "batsh*t" Bachmann,..The tea party radicals are a gift to the left
Yes, because as we all know the left did very well last November.

Old 01-31-2011, 05:23 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,444,477 times
Quote:
You wish.

The TP platform is one of smaller government, lower taxes, spending cuts, less intrusive government - and that is exactly WHY the voters threw the dems out and are counting on the GOP, at least in the House, of implementing AND stopping the radical dem/obama agenda.
Your right in what you say, i know acquaintainces who are in the party, and they believe all right in lower taxes, spending cuts, and much much more less intrusive government. At least the people i know who are in it, everyone has different opinions, but at least i do know personally those who are in it that are acquaintainces, are in it for the right reasons. But with any party, there are always those who will take advantage, and use the system.

Old 01-31-2011, 05:29 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,185,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioIstheBest View Post
LOLs. That's what Democrats said for the last 2 years. Look what happened.

A Republican landslide of historic proportions. And you say the Tea Party ruins chances for the GOP?

I can't believe how people that oppose the Tea Party can't see how successful they have been.
Hurray! It's about time that all American residences fly the flag, and proudly display their guns and bibles. Woe to anyone who doesn't.

Old 01-31-2011, 05:42 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,938,118 times
Quote:
Overwhelming majority of Americans in both parties tell GOP to heed the 'tea party' | Top of the Ticket | Los Angeles Times

Remember that Constitution-citing "tea party" rabble that puzzled the media so terribly last year and helped dump so many deaf Democrats from the House of Representatives in November?

Turns out, an overwhelming percentage of adult Americans think Republicans should take heed of the upstart movement's positions and concerns as they plot to dump President Obama and even more Democrats come the 2012 election, now just 645 days away.

Americans Believe GOP Should Consider Tea Party Ideas

The year long and beyond campaign to discredit and demean the TP went for naught. They are more influential than any "outside" party I can recall. Why?

Because they ARE a diverse segment of the electorate whose views represent the majority of Americans - when it comes to the fed's role, size, spending and scope.
IF true it only means that an overwhelming percentage of adult Americans are too stupid to know that the Tea Party IS the GOP. I am still waiting to see what their plan is for JOBS, you know the thing they whined about for Two Straight Years. So, what are they doing to create jobs, why isn't everyone back to work yet? Oh wait, they have been too busy passing and repealing bills that will never get past the Senate or the Whitehouse to actually work on what they said is the most important issue and according to polls is also the most important issue to voters, it is not repealing healthcare reform. What is the plan, more tax breaks for the rich?
Casper

Old 01-31-2011, 05:52 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,185,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
IF true it only means that an overwhelming percentage of adult Americans are too stupid to know that the Tea Party IS the GOP. I am still waiting to see what their plan is for JOBS, you know the thing they whined about for Two Straight Years. So, what are they doing to create jobs, why isn't everyone back to work yet? Oh wait, they have been too busy passing and repealing bills that will never get past the Senate or the Whitehouse to actually work on what they said is the most important issue and according to polls is also the most important issue to voters, it is not repealing healthcare reform. What is the plan, more tax breaks for the rich?
Casper
No! That means more surveillance of Americans (gotta downsize government, ya know). Who knows which families down the block are anti-American or not? Guantanomo is much too small to put all traitors in it! Patriotic America will need larger prison camps. Let the purge begin!
Wars will be an easy sell to the Tea Partiers. Taking civil liberties away will be like taking candy from a baby. Corporations will have their taxes greatly reduced and their influence on politics greatly increased.
But the the folk will be able to buy machine guns, put religion into everything, and business will reap profits...all the really important things. It will be time to dust off that portraits of Sen Joe McCarthy and proudly hang it on the wall.
And I'm all for it. Because I have a plan.

Last edited by Visvaldis; 01-31-2011 at 06:17 PM..

Old 01-31-2011, 06:02 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,938,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
No! That means more surveillance of Americans (gotta downsize government, ya know). Who knows which families down the block are anti-American or not? Guantanomo is much too small to put all traitors in it! Patriotic America will need larger prison camps. Let the purge begin!
Wars will be an easy sell to the Tea Partiers. Taking civil liberties away will be like taking candy from a baby. Corporations will have their taxes greatly reduced and their influence on politics greatly increased.
But the the folk will be able to buy machine guns, put religion into everything, and business will reap profits...all the really important things. It will be time to dust off that portraits of Sen Joe McCarthy and proudly hang it on the wall.
And I'm all for it. Because I have a plan.
Yes, it is a rosy world they offer, I have a plan also and it has something to do with the second amendment.
Casper

Old 01-31-2011, 07:36 PM

2,476 posts, read 2,603,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
Don't forget Delaware. Palin, O'Donnell, Angel, "batsh*t" Bachmann,..The tea party radicals are a gift to the left

LOL righttttttttttt.....How many seats did the Dems loose in NOV?

Cant wait till 2012......My predictions are coming true.
I said a long while back "When Obama gets done fking this country up...You will not see a Dem. President for 3 or 4 Presidential terms" LOL haaaaaaa.

Coming true!

Old 01-31-2011, 07:45 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,811,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrymac View Post
LOL righttttttttttt.....How many seats did the Dems loose in NOV?

Cant wait till 2012......My predictions are coming true.
I said a long while back "When Obama gets done fking this country up...You will not see a Dem. President for 3 or 4 Presidential terms" LOL haaaaaaa.

Coming true!
Reid and Coons were sitting ducks expected to be easily beat by their republican rivals, but Angel and O'Donnell came out of nowhere and were both huge gifts to the left with a big bow on top allowing both Reid and Coons to win easily over those tea party loons. Obama isn't going anywhere and the more tea party whack jobs come out, the better for the democrats

Old 01-31-2011, 07:46 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,944,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioIstheBest View Post
Yes, because as we all know the left did very well last November.
Yeah, they seem to forget the "shellacking" they took in Nov.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Casper
They have an obstacle still - obama and his policies.

Namely obamacare - which is creating massive anxiety for business and individuals.

If obama would allow the "technical" repeal, you would see consumers spending and business hiring. Since he won't do that, the GOP will starve this massive behemoth.

And then there are the other policies that are costing jobs - Oil platforms in the gulf have left for other parts of the world, his attack on coal, costing potentially thousands of jobs, the record breaking increase in regulations and new laws enacted by obama and the dems, making it harder for business to thrive.

The GOP house will try to stop all that, but they are limited in actually rolling back legislation - all they can do is cut funding for obama departments that are costing this nation thousands of jobs.

Surely you didn't think controlling one chamber of congress they would be able to circumvent the Executive and the dem Senate completely, did you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies