Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2011, 05:34 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,826,625 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
The Donald any day, did not get where he is by no experince, being stupid or ingorant, or business savy. He really wants to help this economy and i truly believe if anyone can it is him.
I agree

Enough of the career politicians. I'd take Donald over almost all choices
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2011, 05:36 PM

3,378 posts, read 3,698,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Trump would be my pick of the two. Newt is too hypocritical for my tastes....married three times, having affairs while still married. Trump could have done the same for all I know but at least he didn't publicly act like a paragon of virtue and respectability during Clinton's impeachment hearings, faking outrage over Clinton's affair with Monica while he was doing the exact same thing with a staffer 23 years younger than himself. Newt blew his chance.
OK, but it sounds like you are defending Clinton. I am not going to defend Newt's marital affairs... but he is a smart politician who has a great plan for America. Most libs say that Clinton's sexual episodes don't matter as long as he ran the country. Well, now the shoe is on the other foot.

Old 01-31-2011, 05:39 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,285,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guamanians View Post
OK, but it sounds like you are defending Clinton. I am not going to defend Newt's marital affairs... but he is a smart politician who has a great plan for America. Most libs say that Clinton's sexual episodes don't matter as long as he ran the country. Well, now the shoe is on the other foot.
I'm not defending Clinton. Where ever did you get that idea? I'm saying there is a price to pay for the kind of stuff both Clinton and Newt did. Serial skirt chasers need not apply for the job of president.

Old 01-31-2011, 10:25 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,522,681 times
Quote:
I'm not defending Clinton. Where ever did you get that idea? I'm saying there is a price to pay for the kind of stuff both Clinton and Newt did. Serial skirt chasers need not apply for the job of president.
So FDR, Eisenhower, and Kennedy shouldn't have been president?

Old 01-31-2011, 10:31 PM

1,295 posts, read 2,503,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
The Donald and The Speaker have made a lot of media rounds lately.

...And a lot of people like what they have to say (especially about the current administration).

Which man would best lead America in this New World Order?
Neither one would make it very far. Both have waaaaaaaay too much personal baggage. I think the current flurry of media regarding both is just a way for them to stay in the public eye and polish their "brand", a-la Sarah Palin. Neither one of them is a serious candidate for anything. Political posturing is good for business.

Old 01-31-2011, 10:33 PM

9,982 posts, read 13,725,757 times
Quote:
Trump would be my pick of the two. Newt is too hypocritical for my tastes....married three times, having affairs while still married. Trump could have done the same for all I know but at least he didn't publicly act like a paragon of virtue and respectability during Clinton's impeachment hearings, faking outrage over Clinton's affair with Monica which Newt did, and all the while Newt was doing the exact same thing with a staffer 23 years younger than himself. Newt blew his chance.
That was a youthful indiscretion!

Old 01-31-2011, 10:40 PM

9,982 posts, read 13,725,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
So FDR, Eisenhower, and Kennedy shouldn't have been president?
I agree with Wayland Woman. Yes, they don't need to be perfect, but they have to have a little class. Clinton had a world class intellect, but not a lot of respect for his marriage. The other dudes. The same. Bush and Obama have classy wives, like Hillary Clinton, and they treat them as such. I respect that.

Gingrich was worse yet was going on about family values the whole time. A complete tool. With Trump, what you see is what you get. I can deal with that, so long as he doesn't do the Caligula thing while in office.

Old 02-01-2011, 05:26 AM

555 posts, read 874,902 times
Trump recently was on the Michael Savage radio show. The Michael Savage that was quickly kicked off his new show on the Fox News network, and is now banned from entering England. Not too bright for someone who wants to be president.

Michael Savage makes Rush Limbaugh look like Harry Reid.

Old 02-01-2011, 05:35 AM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,800,689 times
Newt, 'cuz only a real politician would ask his wife to tolerate his mistress so it wouldn't hurt his political career....an offer she refused.

Most men would get shot for that.

Real politics, in action.

Newt Gingrich Fundraising - Money Trail of Newt Gingrich DVDs - Esquire

FAMILY VALUES IN ACTION!!!

Old 02-01-2011, 05:41 AM

37,762 posts, read 40,875,793 times
Given the choice, I'm with the do-er (trump) not the ideas guy (gingrich).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies