Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2011, 09:39 AM

19,890 posts, read 18,745,357 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
It is Beck and you who are making the unsupprted claims, not me. Anyone who has been following the riots in Egypt know who started them, what motivated them, who was taken by surprise, and who is trying to benefit. Glenn Beck is trying to make this look like something that it is not, and for reasons unknown, you are supporting his theory. I do not have to

LOL, I provide documentation of MB's motivations and you provide the "everybody knows" argument. Very persuasive!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2011, 09:40 AM

10,092 posts, read 8,201,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
You know why don't you? The Progressives have teamed up with the Islamists because they feel that "The enemy of my enemy is my friend". They both hate the Western way of life. Just look at the ususal Progs here that constantly defend the Muslims and Islamification. It totally makes sense that they would defend them like they do when you find out that they are on the same team... FOR NOW! What's hilarious is that the Left thinks that they can team up with Islam and they won't be suppressed by them when they take over. Islam will whip the Left right into Sharia right along with everyone else. They simply think that if they are nice to them and go to bat for them, that the radical extremists will leave them alone and let them violate Sharia law. What a joke!!!!!!!!
So now you think there's a conspiracy between the Democrats and radical Islam? I suppose you think the Dem's were behind 911 too?

Old 02-02-2011, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
I remember reading many reports pre-protest starting saying the MB was not backing this particular protest.

Here is

How Cairo, Washington Were Blindsided by Revolution - WSJ.com
In Cairo, a beleaguered collection of opposition groups plotted another in a series of demonstrations, this time to coincide with Police Day, a national holiday to thank Egypt's police forces. To activists, it was the perfect irony: Almost a year earlier, a young man from Alexandria with no history of political activism, Khaled Saied, had been beaten to death by police. Activists had managed to bring national attention to the case, and they intended to use Police Day to build on that.
Opposition activists rallied around a Facebook page called We Are All Khaled Saied. To call for a protest, Mr. Saied's death became the focal point for people who hadn't been involved in the rights movement before, says Ahmed Gharbia, an Egyptian activist associated with the page. "He was an everyman, and it was very difficult for people who wanted to paint him as an outlaw to do that." In the past week, supporters of the page swelled from 75,000 members to over 440,000.

Massive protests were planned for Friday, in what was now clearly the biggest challenge Mr. Mubarak had ever faced. Yet the country's established opposition parties had played surprisingly little role in the protests.

The Muslim Brotherhood, the country's largest and best organized opposition force, hung back. Members participated in the protests, but the organization didn't come out publicly encouraging them to take part until Thursday evening.

Well this article serves 2 purposes. It points out that the MB wasn't taken by surprise as some have suggested. It also points out that MB doesn't want to be seen as out fornt on this so they can continue to have the support of dupes. Their cover was blown when El Baradei claimed to be working on a coalition government with the MB.

Old 02-02-2011, 09:45 AM

77,005 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
I remember reading many reports pre-protest starting saying the MB was not backing this particular protest.

Here is

How Cairo, Washington Were Blindsided by Revolution - WSJ.com
In Cairo, a beleaguered collection of opposition groups plotted another in a series of demonstrations, this time to coincide with Police Day, a national holiday to thank Egypt's police forces. To activists, it was the perfect irony: Almost a year earlier, a young man from Alexandria with no history of political activism, Khaled Saied, had been beaten to death by police. Activists had managed to bring national attention to the case, and they intended to use Police Day to build on that.
Opposition activists rallied around a Facebook page called We Are All Khaled Saied. To call for a protest, Mr. Saied's death became the focal point for people who hadn't been involved in the rights movement before, says Ahmed Gharbia, an Egyptian activist associated with the page. "He was an everyman, and it was very difficult for people who wanted to paint him as an outlaw to do that." In the past week, supporters of the page swelled from 75,000 members to over 440,000.

Massive protests were planned for Friday, in what was now clearly the biggest challenge Mr. Mubarak had ever faced. Yet the country's established opposition parties had played surprisingly little role in the protests.

The Muslim Brotherhood, the country's largest and best organized opposition force, hung back. Members participated in the protests, but the organization didn't come out publicly encouraging them to take part until Thursday evening.
Yes, Muslim Brotherhood was not a part of the riots until they thought they could take advantage of the situation. They were actually taken by surprise. This was a well reported fact throughout the riots, but perhaps some "news" outlets such as FOX declined to report it. Now they have Glenn Beck going on about how MB is doing this as a part of a global caliphate.

Old 02-02-2011, 09:48 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,917,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
Glen Beck's show today focused on how the purpose of all these uprising in the Middle East is to establish a row of dominoes from West Africa to Indonesia in which all non-Muslim governments will fall and a system of government known as caliphate governance will be established. Their intention is to also drag Europe into this chain. Is this remotely possible??
Yes. Educate yourself.

Old 02-02-2011, 09:50 AM

77,005 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
LOL, I provide documentation of MB's motivations and you provide the "everybody knows" argument. Very persuasive!
LOL all you want. I can't force you to read news, or the links I provide. Several links have already been provided to prove my point.

It's easy: don't believe it.

PS MBs motivations have nothing to do with it. Just because they might be motivated to do something, doesn't mean they did something two weeks ago. It helpt so explain your way of thinking though: if they are motivated, then they must have done it.

Old 02-02-2011, 09:53 AM

20,892 posts, read 16,070,698 times
The desire by radical Muslims for a revival of the caliphate is one of the worst kept secrets on the planet.

Of course, the Islamic world has had 1600 years to prove they hate each other more than they hate the West, and that's why a unitary Caliphate was never more than pretend in the first place.

Old 02-02-2011, 10:00 AM

7,605 posts, read 4,842,742 times
Here is an article posted on Fox News site.

In another boost to the protest movement, the country's largest opposition group -- the outlawed Muslim Brotherhood -- also threw its support behind the demonstrations. If the group's backers join the protests on Friday, it could swell the numbers on the streets significantly. But the group has stopped short of an outright call for its backers to turn out.
Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2011/01...#ixzz1CoyMuwre

Beck's attempts to view the demonstrations only through the lens of the Muslim Brotherhood with warnings of their take over of Europe is pure fear mongering.

Beck's attempts to tie the demonstrations to the Weather Underground, STORM, Progressives and Social Justice are pathetic. But I'm sure they make sense to people who have been trained to see the world through the lens of anti-Progressive hatred.

ElBaradei calls for Social Justice and people who believe what Beck has told them hear it as a call for total government control Marxist style.

Old 02-02-2011, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
LOL all you want. I can't force you to read news, or the links I provide. Several links have already been provided to prove my point.
E
It's easy: don't believe it.

PS MBs motivations have nothing to do with it. Just because they might be motivated to do something, doesn't mean they did something two weeks ago. It helpt so explain your way of thinking though: if they are motivated, then they must have done it.
You, of course have provided zero links demonstrating the MB does't want a global caliphate as opposed to their own words I have provided for you. You seem to think a because they decided not to be in the forefront means they were taken by surprise. Make no mistake, ElBaradei is making a coalition with them because they are far stronger than him.

Old 02-02-2011, 10:09 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,672,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
Glen Beck's show today focused on how the purpose of all these uprising in the Middle East is to establish a row of dominoes from West Africa to Indonesia in which all non-Muslim governments will fall and a system of government known as caliphate governance will be established. Their intention is to also drag Europe into this chain. Is this remotely possible??
if you are a muslim, than you believe that ultimately the whole world will be united under an islamic caliphate. thats just the religion, glenn beck has nothing to do with it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies