Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2011, 03:33 PM

1,219 posts, read 1,755,263 times

Advertisements

I look at global warming as a natural occurence, but that mankind is forcing the changes to happen at a much quicker pace. I also think we are destroying the planet through alot of other ways such as overfishing, poor crop management, pollution. I still believe pollution in our waters is a much bigger problem than global warming.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2011, 03:34 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,850,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stayinformed40 View Post
No. The environmental wackos have always made me laugh. And Al Gore really re-enforced my opinion.
Pardon the rough language but nobody has ever said it better than George Carlin did, he's not really my favorite but this piece always makes me laugh.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLkzz6r-yko

Old 02-03-2011, 03:36 PM

294 posts, read 351,325 times
If it's getting cooler, it's a sign of Global Warming, if it's getting hotter it's a sign of Global Warming, it's obviously a great gig, while you have those who believe it. Polution can cause genuine problems, it's a fact, it's been accepted by both sides of the political spectrum, this is just another way of releasing a sequel, the returns will be lower because it's an original idea being exploited a second time. As a recovering Catholic, I'm surprised how much of the world's population walks around so friggin' guilty of their own happiness. When you go too far the results will begin to work against you, it's just the way life works.

8,624 posts, read 9,087,093 times
Darn weather! Something really bad is going on when we have weather. We have never had weather before!

4,209 posts, read 3,588,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
Pardon the rough language but nobody has ever said it better than George Carlin did, he's not really my favorite but this piece always makes me laugh.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLkzz6r-yko
Yes, his language is rough, but he sure delivered a great message!! Thank you for the link!

Old 02-03-2011, 03:40 PM

9,138 posts, read 5,801,586 times
How does the "Climate Change" crowd
explain "Global Warming" on Venus?
Did GWB wreck the whole solar system?

Old 02-03-2011, 03:47 PM

4,209 posts, read 3,588,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
How does the "Climate Change" crowd
explain "Global Warming" on Venus?
Did GWB wreck the whole solar system?
Oh no! You just planted a seed in the minds of the anti-bush crazies. They will not sleep tonight creating a scheme to blame Bush on the Venus Global Warming problem.

Old 02-03-2011, 03:49 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,935,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
No, since we've been keeping records. The global temp has been steadily rising, but you already knew that.
By 1/2 a degree, over 150 years that doesn't include the MWP.

150 years..out of 6 billion.

Do you know that greenland was once green?

Or that glaciers covered 2/3 rds of the US?

Or that Canada was a tropical forest?

How to explain this without man to blame?

Old 02-03-2011, 03:50 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,336,692 times
You can keep your head firmly buried in the hot sand, but be forewarned, you're going to end up freezing your a** off...

It's all about the snow in Siberia:

Quote:
How can we reconcile this? The not-so-obvious short answer is that the overall warming of the atmosphere is actually creating cold-weather extremes. Last winter, too, was exceptionally snowy and cold across the Eastern United States and Eurasia, as were seven of the previous nine winters.

For a more detailed explanation, we must turn our attention to the snow in Siberia.
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/12/26/op....html?emc=eta1

Warning: The explanation involves SCIENCE - you know, the subject in which many of you do not "believe."

Old 02-03-2011, 03:53 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,935,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
You can keep your head firmly buried in the hot sand, but be forewarned, you're going to end up freezing your a** off...

It's all about the snow in Siberia:

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/12/26/op....html?emc=eta1

Warning: The explanation involves SCIENCE - you know, the subject in which many of you do not "believe."
But, but, but, you know this is NOT what they were saying a few years ago, don't you?

And you must realize that all the predictions are based on computer climate models? Now, we can't even get a season of "weather" right, but we're supposed to believe they can predict what will happen in 20, 40, 70 years.

GIGO.

In 2000, they were saying the UK kiddies would just have to be content with reading about snow - meanwhile the reality is the last three winters have brought record snowfall.

But of course the warmists like to say the warmer the Earth heats up, the less snow we will have, thereby increasing severe snowstorms.

http://stevengoddard.wordpress.com/2...rd-snow-cover/

The shortage of snow causes global warming, which then creates an excess of snow.

Last edited by sanrene; 02-03-2011 at 04:07 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies