Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2011, 02:48 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,479,163 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
We do know, stop playing games. It WILL be the MB and you know it. You were already told in your last Democratic group meeting that's who it will be, that's why you deny it so vehemently.
Well,

(1) I don't belong to any "groups" or go to any "meetings",
(2) Lots of Dems are Jewish and don't really care for the MB,
(3) I guessed wrong in many American elections, so I surely don't "know" who would win an Egyptian one. Neither do you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2011, 07:17 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
Well,

(1) I don't belong to any "groups" or go to any "meetings",
(2) Lots of Dems are Jewish and don't really care for the MB,
(3) I guessed wrong in many American elections, so I surely don't "know" who would win an Egyptian one. Neither do you.
I am willing to bet that the Muslim Brotherhood will probably be more in chare of that election than anybody else.

Old 02-04-2011, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Yes, democracy is evil. Unless Bush is kicking out a secular despot in exchange for an Islamic democracy. When Obama eases out a secular despot in exchange for--we don't know quite yet--that is evil.
Has Obama ever said how he means to keep the Muslim Brotherhood from ending up in control of Egypt? Does he even know what would be the result for us if the Brotherhood does take over? Either he doesn't know that or he is in favor of them getting control.

Old 02-04-2011, 07:42 PM

Quote:
And you know this how?

There is no precedent in Arab society.
I think you know nothing about how the Koran is constructed. I think you don't know that Mohammed wrote the earlier part while he was fighting to gain control of Mecca and the surrounding areas. Once he gained that control he wrote the second part of the book in which he talks about killing all those who oppose him and Allah. In the first half he sounded so peaceful and willing to go along with otherss, but then until you gain control that is what all of us would have done.

I think that you don't know what the second part of the book tells Muslims to do to spread their control worldwide. When the parts don't agree the second part is the part that is to be followed. As an infidel you need to worry about what is there and what is meant by all the parts.

You say no precedent in Arab society and that indicates that you really don't know what the Koran calls for.

Old 02-04-2011, 07:45 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,934,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Has Obama ever said how he means to keep the Muslim Brotherhood from ending up in control of Egypt? Does he even know what would be the result for us if the Brotherhood does take over? Either he doesn't know that or he is in favor of them getting control.
I believe it is the latter, not the former. Evidence would tend to support that theory:

Obama met with members of the Muslim Brotherhood, in the White House, just prior to traveling to Cairo to give his "infamous" speech.
Exposing Liberal Lies: The President Met with Muslim Brotherhood

Obama lifted the travel ban for Tariq Ramadan, member of Egyptian Muslim Brotherhood and grandson of the movement's founder, just days before this revolution in Egypt began.
Obama Administration Lifts US Ban on Muslim Brotherhood Leader - Politics & Gov't - Israel News - Israel National News

Obama sent this week a US diplomat to meet with members of the Muslim Brotherhood.
Why did Obama send a U.S. diplomat to Cairo to secretly meet with a Muslim Brotherhood leader yesterday? « Bare Naked Islam's Weblog

It is not difficult to see where Obama's loyalties lay.

Old 02-04-2011, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezus View Post
The Eastern Europeans had basically few examples of successful democracies until a the decade after the end of Cold War--yet the region has transformed into a fairly stable and democratic area(for the most part). Not saying this is guaranteed to happen eventually--but no one really knows how Egypt is going to pan out right now.
Is the Koran a very important book in Eastern Europe or are the people basically some kind of Christian? Of course, the Muslims haven't taken over control and can't force any part of Muslim beliefs on the people. Now give the Muslims control in those countries and see how long before they take it to the Christians. Whoops, I forgot that you aren't one of those there Christians.

I really liked Islamic thinking until i found out some of the things they are told to do by their Holy book and then I realized what we all have to look forward to. How many Muslims have you seen that don't talk destruction of Israel and its people? When they say the words about destruction of Israel and its people they follow up nearly immediately with the same words concerning the West.

Old 02-04-2011, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
I understand your point, and it could become reality. However my impression is these people are tired of being crapped on and capped by a corrupt government. Us supporting said government at the expense of these Egyptians does nothing for the long term relations with these people and fans the flames of future hatred and possible terrorism against America.

Let them decide their own future, and if and when their choice becomes a threat then deal with it then because it will be their choice they made.
Their choice will become the worst thing for the United States and the other western nations. In the case of the US a government that doesn't allow drilling our own territory for oil will in the end leave us in a lot of trouble. The amount of time we have been not drilling will aid them in shutting us down and I see all of that as bad for us.

Old 02-04-2011, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
I believe it is the latter, not the former. Evidence would tend to support that theory:

Obama met with members of the Muslim Brotherhood, in the White House, just prior to traveling to Cairo to give his "infamous" speech.
Exposing Liberal Lies: The President Met with Muslim Brotherhood

Obama lifted the travel ban for Tariq Ramadan, member of Egyptian Muslim Brotherhood and grandson of the movement's founder, just days before this revolution in Egypt began.
Obama Administration Lifts US Ban on Muslim Brotherhood Leader - Politics & Gov't - Israel News - Israel National News

Obama sent this week a US diplomat to meet with members of the Muslim Brotherhood.
Why did Obama send a U.S. diplomat to Cairo to secretly meet with a Muslim Brotherhood leader yesterday? « Bare Naked Islam's Weblog

It is not difficult to see where Obama's loyalties lay.
Great post, lady. The best part of it is that it has been so obvious all along that Obama's beliefs lie in the Muslim direction and yet we are told that he is a Christian. Is it possible that all those who say he is not Muslim are using Taqiyyah in so doing. I have thought that all the time he has been in office.

Old 02-04-2011, 08:08 PM

8,975 posts, read 10,212,799 times
Quote:
Founded by Hassan al-Banna in the 1920s, the group has influenced Islamist movements around the world with its model of political activism combined with Islamic charity work.
The movement initially aimed simply to spread Islamic morals and good works, but soon became involved in politics, particularly the fight to rid Egypt of British colonial control and cleanse it of all Western influence.
Today, though officially banned and subject to frequent repression, the Ikhwan lead public opposition to the ruling National Democratic Party of President Hosni Mubarak, who has been in power since 1981.
While the Ikhwan [Muslim Brotherhood] say that they support democratic principles, one of their stated aims is to create a state ruled by Islamic law, or Sharia. Their most famous slogan, used worldwide, is: "Islam is the solution".

Quote:
In 2000, the Ikhwan won 17 seats in the People's Assembly.
Five years later, the group achieved its best election result to date, with independent candidates allied to it winning 20% of the seats.
The result shocked President Mubarak. The government subsequently launched a crackdown on the Ikhwan, detaining hundreds of members, and instituted a number of legal "reforms" to counter their resurgence.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-12313405

Come on guys, you don't have to dig deep to find out what the MB's intentions are with Egypt. Unless we are just to take a denialist stance towards the problem. As much as people think the Egyptian people are entitled to a true democracy, this fact remains: but for Mubarak's totalitarian style of government, these guys would at the very least have substantial and increasing influence over Egypt's policies. And for a group that aims to instill Sharia law, I'd take Mubarak any day. Last thing we need is another theocracy that advocates sexism, suicide, and oh yeah, murder. Just in case anyone forgot how bloody Sharia law is: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-south-asia-12344959

Old 02-05-2011, 12:12 AM

154 posts, read 216,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I think you know nothing about how the Koran is constructed. I think you don't know that Mohammed wrote the earlier part while he was fighting to gain control of Mecca and the surrounding areas. Once he gained that control he wrote the second part of the book in which he talks about killing all those who oppose him and Allah. In the first half he sounded so peaceful and willing to go along with otherss, but then until you gain control that is what all of us would have done.

I think that you don't know what the second part of the book tells Muslims to do to spread their control worldwide. When the parts don't agree the second part is the part that is to be followed. As an infidel you need to worry about what is there and what is meant by all the parts.

You say no precedent in Arab society and that indicates that you really don't know what the Koran calls for.
You are either an intentional liar, or a miguided, uneducated liar.

At the end of the day, you are a liar either way.

Muhammad - peace be upon him - DID NOT write the Quran.

For you to not even know that should be embarrassing - as you so confidently proclaimed it as factual in your post. Please, don't speak of things you have little to no knowledge about in the near future.

Several posts later on you commented how you "liked islamic thinking"; I find that highly un-likely and though I won't go as far to call it false it certainly raises a red flag. When you tend to 'like' a thing so relevant in today's world you ought to have known OF the above said about Muhammad - peace be upon him - and would have no doubt ran across it on islamic websites, books, lectures, documentaries, etc.

Last edited by DAAR84; 02-05-2011 at 12:30 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies