Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2011, 10:30 PM

5,546 posts, read 9,995,755 times

Advertisements

I am not at all surprised this statement was made.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2011, 07:38 AM

12,436 posts, read 11,943,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistygrl092 View Post
I am not at all surprised this statement was made.
You are Jewish correct? I have many friends that are Jewish but most are non-practicing. I do know from the few friends that I have that are practicing that the views of the rabbi are shared by a lot of conservate Jewish people. I use the word conservative liberally because that does not really describe them.

The conservative believe in no work on the Sabbat and are strict adherents, but they see nothing wrong with having the gentiles do it for them...this is a way to get around the strict observance. This is kind of what the Rabbi was aluding to, but I think most people miss that point.

Maybe you, Lamontnow, Shorebaby, or Chattypatty can tell us how prevalent the Rabbi's views are.

Old 02-04-2011, 07:42 AM

4,085 posts, read 4,333,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
Thoughts?
I wonder if Hitler ran across a Jew or two that said things like this. It makes you wonder doesn't it? It sure would explain a lot.

Old 02-04-2011, 07:44 AM

"Jews only exist to make me good corned beef sandwiches." tonythetuna 2011

Old 02-04-2011, 07:45 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,447,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamontnow View Post
hotair, you resort to this technique whenever the pressure is turned up on Islamic extremism on the forum. I'm pretty sure you already used this specific reference in your op.
Of course, they need to try and turn up the heat on Israel so they can fan the flames with their Muslim brothers to try and invoke a war with Israel and Islam. That's all this is. Useful idiots as Stalin would say.

Old 02-04-2011, 08:30 AM

1,263 posts, read 2,330,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonythetuna View Post
I wonder if Hitler ran across a Jew or two that said things like this. It makes you wonder doesn't it? It sure would explain a lot.
moderator???? Where the heck are you?

Old 02-04-2011, 08:35 AM

1,263 posts, read 2,330,874 times
Quote:
No technique. I am not a fan of Islamic Extremism, Christian Extremism, or Jewish Extremism as I posted, but people should be aware that all three exist.
You've just proved my point. Given the millions of Islamic extremists in the world, you dig up some arcane quote to make a moral equation which doesn't exist.
You've done this before, and I think it was even the same link.

Old 02-04-2011, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamontnow View Post
moderator???? Where the heck are you?
What did I say wrong? I am not condoning Hitler. I just made an observation on a possibility.

Old 02-04-2011, 08:51 AM

3,004 posts, read 3,884,646 times
Quote:
You are Jewish correct? I have many friends that are Jewish but most are non-practicing. I do know from the few friends that I have that are practicing that the views of the rabbi are shared by a lot of conservate Jewish people. I use the word conservative liberally because that does not really describe them.

The conservative believe in no work on the Sabbat and are strict adherents, but they see nothing wrong with having the gentiles do it for them...this is a way to get around the strict observance. This is kind of what the Rabbi was aluding to, but I think most people miss that point.

Maybe you, Lamontnow, Shorebaby, or Chattypatty can tell us how prevalent the Rabbi's views are.
Your "friends" if indeed you have any like you've described, are simply wrong. This is not a common belief among "conservative Jews." What utter nonsense!!!

The idea of gentiles stoking fires for Jews has to do with Jews being commanded NOT to stoke fire on the sabbath day, whereas there is no commandment for gentiles to not stoke fires or to refrain from work on the sabbath day. There are different rules for each group and this has nothing to do with one being more superior to another. It's not like the wiley Jews are making the gentiles break God's commandments by getting them to do their work for them on a forbidden day!!! Gee whiz. Sometimes I am in awe of the stupidity around here. There ARE other commandments that pertain to gentiles too, such as to not murder, etc.

Old 02-04-2011, 09:18 AM

5,864 posts, read 4,977,086 times
I love how a bigoted statement made by a Jew about non-Jews is being used to now condemn non-Jews as bigots. Amazing the things people can do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies