U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2011, 03:02 AM

9,451 posts, read 2,534,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrymac View Post
The bottom line is...Why does Barry spend so much money keeping his past sealed and secret?
I mean..It just seems strange......WTH is he hiding?
how much money? as pointed out earlier in this thread it takes $0 to keep private documents private. almost all the documents birthers are asking for are private documents so........ where. when and to who is this money going ??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2011, 09:34 AM

47,276 posts, read 37,252,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Nice deflection, lets rephrase that.

Why is he still President if he is an illegal alien?

As for not taking his Birth certificate as genuine where do you draw the line on any ones birth certificate?, theres 350 million +American birth Certificates out there ,are we to re scrutinize and re analyze each one? how about yours? Authentic or fake?
did I say he was illegal? On the contrary you haven't been reading my posts as I have never indicated I thought he was illegal. I was referring to the comment: if he was illegal he would be in prison, my comment was, (pare phrasing) most illegals are not in prision. That is one of the problems with the country.

Nita

Old 02-06-2011, 09:36 AM

47,276 posts, read 37,252,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
Bu-ul! He was born off-base in the country of Panama.
His father was serving in the military, it deosn't make one darn bit of different where he was actually born. What if he had been born on an airplane, whould that mean he was from outer space?

Nita

Old 02-06-2011, 10:22 AM

19,220 posts, read 5,886,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
His father was serving in the military, it deosn't make one darn bit of different where he was actually born. What if he had been born on an airplane, whould that mean he was from outer space?

Nita
Rules are rules.

Can't live with them, can't live without them?

Are rules like women, or something?

Last edited by ergohead; 02-06-2011 at 11:33 AM..

Old 02-06-2011, 11:32 AM

19,387 posts, read 13,802,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
did I say he was illegal? On the contrary you haven't been reading my posts as I have never indicated I thought he was illegal. I was referring to the comment: if he was illegal he would be in prison, my comment was, (pare phrasing) most illegals are not in prision. That is one of the problems with the country.

Nita
Seems you are questioning the validity of his stated place of birth so if you dont believe him then i can only assume you think he is lying and is therefore perpetrating a huge fraud on the American people which would be a crime for which he would be either deported or serve jail time.
Snopes has some interesting reading on the subject, including the 1961 birth announcement in both of Honolulu's 2 main papers

snopes.com: Barack Obama Birth Certificate

http://whatreallyhappened.com/WRHART...obamabirth.php

Old 02-07-2011, 02:51 AM

15,619 posts, read 9,308,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
Rules are rules.

Can't live with them, can't live without them?

Are rules like women, or something?
Yes, rules are rules. The entire Panama Canal Zone was US territory at the time McCain was born, not just the military base. McCain is eligible. If Obama was born in Kenya he would not be, unless he was born inside the US Embassy compound..

Old 02-07-2011, 09:18 AM

20,898 posts, read 5,616,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrymac View Post
The bottom line is...Why does Barry spend so much money keeping his past sealed and secret?
The actual bottom line is... if Birthers had any actual evidence in their favor, why would they have to keep lying about things like how much money President Obama has spent on this issue?

Old 02-07-2011, 10:00 AM

9,451 posts, read 2,534,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
... unless he was born inside the US Embassy compound..
actually it's a myth that military bases and embassies are "american soil". i found this great explanation:

Actually, US Bases and Consulate abroad are NOT considered US jurisdiction as meant by the 14th Amendment.
According to the Foreign Affairs manual, 7 FAM 1116.1–4 Not Included in the Meaning of “In the United States”
Despite widespread popular belief, U.S. military installations abroad and U.S. diplomatic or consular facilities are not part of the United States within the meaning of the 14th Amendment. A child born on the premises of such a facility is not subject to the jurisdiction of the United States and does not acquire U.S. citizenship by reason of birth.
The citizenship acquired by birth on a military installation or consular facility is through the US Citizenship status of the parents. Also, any births to US citizen overseas must be registered with the consulate or authority on the base.

Old 02-07-2011, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
Yes, rules are rules. The entire Panama Canal Zone was US territory at the time McCain was born, not just the military base. McCain is eligible. If Obama was born in Kenya he would not be, unless he was born inside the US Embassy compound..
We never OWNED the Panama Canal, we leased it.

If we didn't own it, it wasn't ours.

Free Noriega!

Old 02-07-2011, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
He was born in Hawaii? Hawaii is in America, the man is an American citizen. End of story..
No person except a natural born citizen, or a citizen of the United States, at the time of the adoption of this Constitution . .

Obama wasn't "a citizen of the United States at the time of the adoption of this Constitution".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies