Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2011, 08:04 AM

14,247 posts, read 17,922,570 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
You people are funny. This is complete BS! If Switzerland was so damn concerned how come they aren't going after their neighbor Sweden? We have sent many prisoners there for torture using rendition. Egypt also, along with others. This story is a Progressive's wet dream, that's all it is.
Do you have any proof that Sweden tortured anyone?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2011, 08:05 AM

1,777 posts, read 1,403,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikensquire View Post
What is this, point-counterpoint for experts? Yes, Germany, Denmark and the Baltic are in between the two, but they are considered to be on the same continent, ain't they?
Good point. I wonder how China and its neighbor Turkey will be handling economic and political issues in the years ahead.

Old 02-08-2011, 08:06 AM

Quote:
What is this, point-counterpoint for experts? Yes, Germany, Denmark and the Baltic are in between the two, but they are considered to be on the same continent, ain't they?
Well, its like saying Greenland is a neighbor of the US because you only have Canada and a bit of ocean between us.

Old 02-08-2011, 08:09 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,452,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy001 View Post
Do you have any proof that Sweden tortured anyone?
Correction, they actually didn't trotue anyone there, but they cooperated with the US by sending prisoners through and from Sweden to Egypt.

Quote:
The United Nations’ ruling that Sweden violated the global torture ban in its involvement in the CIA transfer of an asylum seeker to Egypt is an important step toward establishing accountability for European governments complicit in illegal US renditions, Human Rights Watch said today.
In a decision made public today, the UN Human Rights Committee ruled that diplomatic assurances against torture did not provide an effective safeguard against ill-treatment in the case of an asylum seeker transferred from Sweden to Egypt by CIA operatives in December 2001. The committee decided that Sweden’s involvement in the US transfer of Mohammed al-Zari to Egypt breached the absolute ban on torture, despite assurances of humane treatment provided by Egyptian authorities prior to the rendition.
Sweden Violated Torture Ban in CIA Rendition | Human Rights Watch

Old 02-08-2011, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Correction, they actually didn't trotue anyone there, but they cooperated with the US by sending prisoners through and from Sweden to Egypt.

Sweden Violated Torture Ban in CIA Rendition | Human Rights Watch
Yes, they made the mistake of actually believing diplomatic assurances from the Mubarak government. Fools

Old 02-08-2011, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Yes, they made the mistake of actually believing diplomatic assurances from the Mubarak government. Fools
So in your eyes it would have been ok if Mubarak held to his promises?

Old 02-08-2011, 08:19 AM

Quote:
So in your eyes it would have been ok if Mubarak held to his promises?
Clearly. There was a diplomatic assurance that the prisoner would not be ill-treated. Had the Egyptian government held to that assurance there would have been no case to answer.

Old 02-08-2011, 08:19 AM

294 posts, read 351,403 times
Quote:
Well, its like saying Greenland is a neighbor of the US because you only have Canada and a bit of ocean between us.

In school you were one of those kids who debated hand grenades and atom bombs to make some sort of point, weren't you? I guess I just don't have the chops to hang with the one world concepts and perspectives in this discussion. I'd better get back to burying that school bus in my compound and purchase more gold.

Old 02-08-2011, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Clearly. There was a diplomatic assurance that the prisoner would not be ill-treated. Had the Egyptian government held to that assurance there would have been no case to answer.
What? They ALL knew what they were doing.

Old 02-08-2011, 08:22 AM

Quote:
In school you were one of those kids who debated hand grenades and atom bombs to make some sort of point, weren't you? I guess I just don't have the chops to hang with the one world concepts and perspectives in this discussion. I'd better get back to burying that school bus in my compound and purchase more gold.
Yeah .... you don't want to catch any of that edumakashun
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies