Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2011, 10:18 AM

4,127 posts, read 5,066,518 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoobleKar View Post
I guess actually READING the whole article kind of took the wind out of the OP's sails??
I noticed that too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2011, 10:20 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,927,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
To take control of Congress, the "Tea Party Candidates" had to lie to their base and claim massive budget cuts if elected. The Tea Party base lapped it up like dogs and voted as a block for their candidates.

Now that they are safely in the House, the Tea Party RINOs have already flip-flopped:

House GOP slashes billions, falls short of pledge – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

The only ACTUAL Tea Party guy is in the Senate (Rand Paul).

Why do the American people (in BOTH parties) continue to fall for the slick lies EVERY SINGLE CYCLE???

Why don't the American people band together and elect more people like Ron and Rand Paul...men or women who WON'T BE COMPROMISED?!?
It's funny because the GOP mainstream AND liberal mainstream bash the Pauls as extremists when they are the candidates most likely to appeal to the American public. But once again, it only takes "They want to cut Social Security and Medicare" and "They want to cut social services" and no one would vote for them When you have both sides of the establishment pound on 2 people to marginalize them, it shows who the real honest politicians are. Not even Kucinich and Sanders get treated this way

Old 02-06-2011, 10:22 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,859,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
How do you figure? I appreciate having their perspective in the mix, but politics is compromise. Their views are completely unrealistic for effective management. They're just peddling picket sign slogans.
How well has compromise worked so far in Congress? Not too effective now is it?

Old 02-06-2011, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Ron Paul added Millions in Pork to the last big bill of 2010, does not sound like a conservative ideal to me. Rand has had some good ideas but I am not sure how much he can do on his own.
Casper
Getting your constituents money back and spending THEIR money how THEY want to, is the definition of someone who does not believe in big government. It does not increase the budget $1. Why should the feds decide what to do with the money?

Old 02-06-2011, 10:33 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,017,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
To take control of Congress, the "Tea Party Candidates" had to lie to their base and claim massive budget cuts if elected. The Tea Party base lapped it up like dogs and voted as a block for their candidates.

Now that they are safely in the House, the Tea Party RINOs have already flip-flopped:

House GOP slashes billions, falls short of pledge – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

The only ACTUAL Tea Party guy is in the Senate (Rand Paul).

Why do the American people (in BOTH parties) continue to fall for the slick lies EVERY SINGLE CYCLE???

Why don't the American people band together and elect more people like Ron and Rand Paul...men or women who WON'T BE COMPROMISED?!?
I wish they would. But look at the bright side, at least now the Tea Party base and the Obama base have
something in common

Old 02-06-2011, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
Rand is just a tea party hack, Ron i have alot of respect for but his anti-spending and anti big corporations stances keep him from being electable on the republican ticket and if he ran as a libertarian, the republicans would scapegoat him forever for throwing the election. The tea party was nothing but a dirty trick by the Koch brothers to further push the right even further to the extreme fascist right. They pretended they were some kind of grassroots movement, but that was far from the truth. After the election the right just laughed at them and continued on business as usual, kicking it off with 700 billion in new spending for the tax cuts for the rich extensions, with no tea party members arguing against it.
Smaller government and lowering the debt is the goal of the Tea Party. With his 500 billion budget cut, Rand is the only one so far who is serious about cutting the budget. Pay attention.

Old 02-06-2011, 10:44 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,934,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Getting your constituents money back and spending THEIR money how THEY want to, is the definition of someone who does not believe in big government. It does not increase the budget $1. Why should the feds decide what to do with the money?
Get back? They don't have it yet, they are spending money that has not been recieved yet, heck they are spending your childrens money at this point. Adding more spending is not being conservative, unless there is a new meaing to the word, is that what they mean by Neo(New)-Conservative, seems like it is.
Casper

Old 02-06-2011, 10:52 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,934,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Smaller government and lowering the debt is the goal of the Tea Party. With his 500 billion budget cut, Rand is the only one so far who is serious about cutting the budget. Pay attention.
Sounds good except one man cannot do it alone and I do not see a lot of real support coming from the House and he is in the Senate where the Dems rule. It will take real statesmanship capabiltites to get his ideas addressed, we shall see.
Casper

Old 02-06-2011, 11:02 AM

10,875 posts, read 13,809,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Sounds good except one man cannot do it alone and I do not see a lot of real support coming from the House and he is in the Senate where the Dems rule. It will take real statesmanship capabiltites to get his ideas addressed, we shall see.
Casper
I agree and it will come down are the tea party going to unite and stand up to the borrow and spend republicans? I doubt it but if they did, that would show some real strength of the tea party are show they are out for the better good, and not just pawns to the right.

Old 02-06-2011, 11:10 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,464,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
I agree and it will come down are the tea party going to unite and stand up to the borrow and spend republicans? I doubt it but if they did, that would show some real strength of the tea party are show they are out for the better good, and not just pawns to the right.
Where are the Dems in your scenario...on the borrow and spend side or the cut side ? Dems still control the Senate and Executive Office so it's not like they have no say in the matter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies