Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2011, 09:21 AM

3,849 posts, read 3,750,586 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseyt719 View Post
Is that what you both think is happening? It has been bugging me, but I didn't want to be an alarmist...
Isn't that (voter fraud) what you think is happening? If I ever got such a thing in my husband's name (he died over 12 years ago, besides never living in this state), I would be down to the election office immediately with his death certificate in hand.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2011, 09:24 AM

3,849 posts, read 3,750,586 times
Quote:
I didn't want this thread to become D v R.

Just looking for some thoughts as to how to handle this and want to know if I'm being a conspiracy theorist in thinking that someone is trying to use her to register themselves or someone else to vote.... id theft, etc?
As I said, you should take the letter along with her death certificate to the voter registration office in your area.

Old 02-06-2011, 09:25 AM

9,848 posts, read 8,277,740 times
Quote:
My grandmother, that passed away 2 years ago and lived with me, just received in the mail a letter from the county voters' registration.

It says they are "unable to process her application" because she didn't sign the voters' registration card.

She never applied. This is a little disturbing to me as my mind is wandering. I'm wondering if someone else applied using her name.

Anyone else have this situation?

Advice?

Thanks
Call your local city hall to ask about where you report this and make sure it gets someone's attention.

Problem is, many states don't ask for ID anymore in the voting booth, but make a $4 purchase at Taco Bell and you have to show your ID.
Dangerous for us to not show ID to vote, and I think that is by design.

Old 02-06-2011, 09:29 AM

4,209 posts, read 3,587,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatyousay View Post
Yep. There is a finite number of low IQ individuals that they Democratic party can continue to exploit and bribe into voting for them. They're running out so they need to dredge up some new voters (ie., incarcerated, deceased, illegals, etc...).

Old 02-06-2011, 09:50 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,663,155 times
Quote:
My grandmother, that passed away 2 years ago and lived with me, just received in the mail a letter from the county voters' registration.

It says they are "unable to process her application" because she didn't sign the voters' registration card.

She never applied. This is a little disturbing to me as my mind is wandering. I'm wondering if someone else applied using her name.

Anyone else have this situation?

Advice?

Thanks
oh, she must have lived in NM and ACORN must have applied for her. It happens all the time in the Albuquerque area.

Old 02-06-2011, 10:44 AM

10,092 posts, read 8,200,864 times
Quote:
Is that what you both think is happening? It has been bugging me, but I didn't want to be an alarmist...
It could very well be a simple mistake. Just get the information together, call the court house, and see what they say. You really don't have enough information to know if it's a problem yet or not. They could have made a mistake over there and it could have nothing to do with voter fraud, but I'd get it cleared up.

Old 02-06-2011, 10:51 AM

5,450 posts, read 8,758,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
It could very well be a simple mistake. Just get the information together, call the court house, and see what they say. You really don't have enough information to know if it's a problem yet or not. They could have made a mistake over there and it could have nothing to do with voter fraud, but I'd get it cleared up.
I will call them tomorrow and see what they say.

I was wondering if anyone else out there has had something like this happen and what the result was, if they ever found out.

Old 02-06-2011, 11:11 AM

10,092 posts, read 8,200,864 times
Quote:
I will call them tomorrow and see what they say.

I was wondering if anyone else out there has had something like this happen and what the result was, if they ever found out.
Someone else raised the identity theft issue--if it really is fraud (and you have no way of knowing that yet) I think that's the more likely scenario.

Old 02-06-2011, 01:22 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,085,023 times
As others have stated on the remote chance it could be part of identy theft, I would call social security and make sure there has been no activity.

Old 02-06-2011, 01:27 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,269,927 times
Contact the county voter registration office and explain that your grandmother is deceased.
Tell them the situation, that you don't recall her registering to vote.

Seems a simple solution to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
oh, she must have lived in NM and ACORN must have applied for her. It happens all the time in the Albuquerque area.
Got some credible links to that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies